Team of the week

Started by Houndhead, January 01, 2017, 04:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bronco

Thank you shouldvewrestled, I had a whole different response but you said it better. Obviously, there are several very deserving teams this week good luck to everyone.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 01, 2017, 09:58:34 PM
Quote from: Jimmy on January 01, 2017, 07:38:46 PM
Stoughton- they went and danced with the big boys in Pennsylvania. Rock solid third place finish and only three points out of second! Impressive!

Thanks Jimmy

Stoughton finished in 3rd place - 3 points behind PA's #19 Easton (Guessing their jumping up in the rankings in PA) -  The champions were PA's #5 North Hampton.

Stoughton finished ahead of #12 Nationally Ranked / #2-AAA in PA Nazerath and and also ahead of 7 Pennsylvania ranked teams in their two divisions  & 1 New Jersey ranked team:  #12-AAA Central Dauphin, #8-AAA Council rock south, #13-AA Freedom, #9-AA North Lebanon, #15-AA Northwestern Lehigh, #3-AA Saucon Valley, #15-AAA Wilson West Lawn, #15 NJ - Phillipsburg

I wasn't posting this to lobby for Stoughton to be team of the week, even with being a Stoughton homer.  I just wanted to correct or placement and give a picture of the level of competition.

I actually would vote for Melrose this week.   

I hope for bigger things from Stoughton coming up to garner that nomination. 
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

nutman

Great Discussion stating your cases and nominations for this week's poll to see who gets the nod this week.    I don't see any reason why a team couldn't be the team multiple times.    

It reminds me of the quote from Remember the Titans when "Alan's" dad comes into the coaches office. "5 times....5 times, player of the week!  ....He's not some walk-on scrub, Yoast.  The boy's a player. He's a star!"

Let's see how the votes come out this week.  Great job everyone representing Wisconsin!

aarons23

Where is the poll?  Was Stoughtons tourney in PA dual or individual?
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Jimmy

I don't think mmget is as big of a surprise as some of you.I have been watching them the last four years and could see a steady progression upwards. Great coaches,great kids and solid community support.pennslyvania is the deepest high school talent pool in the country. IMO placing third out there gives stoughton the nod.

Houndhead

Quote from: bronco on January 02, 2017, 07:50:43 AM
MMGET winning the Northern badger with two starters out, over all all of those ranked teams, is no question the team of the week. With all due respect for Stratford, A loaded Stratford team, even with some starters out, winnng bistate is not a big surprise.

To be fair, I believe Neillsville/GreenwoodLoyal also was missing two ranked wrestlers from their lineup.

ramjet

Coleman OTW although an indivdual Tournament this D3 school has consistently fielded contender type teams and every year I here allot of folks say. " Well Coleman will be down this year". Maybe but they continue to make noise year after year after year after year.

National level tournaments are impressive but

bigG

I voted Stoughton; but I have to give some props to the coaches from MMGET. Ernie and crew are great guys who deserve every bit of success they get. Well done!
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Jimmy

National level tournament are impressive but . .? But what  ?... when you step out of your comfort zone and go play in someone else's bigger sandbox it is impressive,no buts,out of state teams get no favors,no calls.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: Jimmy on January 03, 2017, 02:31:23 PM
National level tournament are impressive but . .? But what  ?... when you step out of your comfort zone and go play in someone else's bigger sandbox it is impressive,no buts,out of state teams get no favors,no calls.

Story on that - you are correct Jimmy - we got no calls, but we expected that going in.

The bigger thing we noticed across the board, very very very little stalling called.  I only witnessed one stalling point awarded all tournament.   I tend to think the our boys are pretty aggressive on the feet, in PA many wrestlers were back up, back up, back up - reset to middle, back up, back up, back up - reset to middle, etc...   Then on the mat - they all are very good riders but it's cling on to a two on one, crab ride looking for tilts for about 90% of the riding.  They were like an octopus on top :)  ride an entire period without a tilt or a warning - bottom or top guy.

It was defiantly a different reffing style than I have seen.  I really didn't have a lot of issue with how it was called on the mat,  on the feet it was kind of frustrating to watch.  IMO
We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.