Brandvold
6 (7.8%)
Ruschell
0 (0%)
Reader
4 (5.2%)
Hahn
8 (10.4%)
Other (Matt Foley, Turd Ferguson, Ferrari, etc.)
15 (19.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: April 04, 2024, 04:23:59 PM

fightfightfight

I think if there is a change, with the way Wisconsin high school wrestling is trending, a lot of people will want the job. Just interested to see where this falls.

littleguy301

Something needs to be done ASAP! 40ndays are counting down to land anyone to fill some spots or create competition in the room.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

dad 2 5

when I first saw this I thought maybe Mac moved and there was a opening.

wrestlingJunkie

I'd love to see Nick Becker from UW-Parkside in Madison. He is an outstanding coach,familiar with how to navigate the whole beauracratic UW system and close with the Askrens for recruiting and getting a Freestyle program going again. He is a Wisconsin native, already has well-established connections throughout WI/IL, etc.  The guy can flat out coach and I believe would be the "thinking man's choice" to lead Wisconsin wrestling forward for years to come. 

hornbuckleb

Quote from: wrestlingJunkie on March 28, 2024, 05:52:03 PMI'd love to see Nick Becker from UW-Parkside in Madison. He is an outstanding coach,familiar with how to navigate the whole beauracratic UW system and close with the Askrens for recruiting and getting a Freestyle program going again. He is a Wisconsin native, already has well-established connections throughout WI/IL, etc.  The guy can flat out coach and I believe would be the "thinking man's choice" to lead Wisconsin wrestling forward for years to come. 

I don't disagree with any of the things you mentioned, except I think Nick is right where he needs to be.  He has an opportunity to create his own legacy within DII first as a wrestler and then as a coach.  With his brother as an assitant and other family members so close he has a huge support network.  Maybe he make a change once he wins a couple of NCAA DII Team titles.

Now he might be able to utilize a couple of the current wrestlers in the Badger room.

sidmyster

Bono and Reader are staying.  Amos and Zargo red shirt. We get some transfer, and give the younger some time to mature.    Rebuilding year.  Let them wrestle.

Numbers

Top 10 finishes since 2010-11
Penn State - all firsts but one second and one sixth
Iowa - all top four but two fifths
Ohio State - twice not top 10 with a first and three seconds
Cornell - top eight every year but one
Oklahoma State - three years outside top 10 with two seconds and four thirds
Badgers 10th in 2010-11 and no top ten NCAA finishes since
Iowa State - no top 10s until fourth this year

Does not look like Badgers will see top 10 until at least 2026-27

Ledger

All three of those "others" probably couldn't do much worse, LOL.

walden_hiker

Quote from: Numbers on March 29, 2024, 10:28:21 AMTop 10 finishes since 2010-11

A bit disingenuous. Unfortunately, 2020 team could not show what was going to be a top ten finish most likely.

Numbers

Quote from: walden_hiker on March 29, 2024, 08:59:13 PM

A bit disingenuous. Unfortunately, 2020 team could not show what was going to be a top ten finish most likely.

Based on seeds were projected to tie for 13th but only 3 points from 10th so possible.  Still the future does not look like double AAs anytime soon.

walden_hiker

Quote from: Numbers on March 29, 2024, 09:52:08 PM
Quote from: walden_hiker on March 29, 2024, 08:59:13 PM

Based on seeds were projected to tie for 13th but only 3 points from 10th so possible.  Still the future does not look like double AAs anytime soon.
I agree with this

littleguy301

Quote from: wrestlingJunkie on March 28, 2024, 05:52:03 PMI'd love to see Nick Becker from UW-Parkside in Madison. He is an outstanding coach,familiar with how to navigate the whole beauracratic UW system and close with the Askrens for recruiting and getting a Freestyle program going again. He is a Wisconsin native, already has well-established connections throughout WI/IL, etc.  The guy can flat out coach and I believe would be the "thinking man's choice" to lead Wisconsin wrestling forward for years to come. 

Coach Becker has done a great job at Parkside but would he be a draw for top talent to come in? I think being a 3 time D2 champ is incredible but if Aaron Brooks said he wanted to coach D1 would you rather have a D1 champ or D2 champ coaching at a D1 school. That is the question people want to know.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

MNbadger

I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Hungus

Quote from: sidmyster on March 29, 2024, 10:05:50 AMBono and Reader are staying.  Amos and Zargo red shirt. We get some transfer, and give the younger some time to mature.    Rebuilding year.  Let them wrestle.

Rebuild what? they haven't built anything since they got here. I would take BD again over this train wreck.

Also what story does Bono have to sell a transfer? Come be mediocre, they will get bottom half wrestlers from the available pool. 
You're killing me Smalls!!!

CityGuy

I would rather have Becker than Brooks coaching at UW for sure. I love Brooks wrestling and preaching. Becker has in state ties and expereince to blow that program up. Kids like to wrestle for him and he produces. Brooks is an excellent wrestler, doesn't always translate to a top level coach and can take some time and seasoning

Coach Becker has done a great job at Parkside but would he be a draw for top talent to come in? I think being a 3 time D2 champ is incredible but if Aaron Brooks said he wanted to coach D1 would you rather have a D1 champ or D2 champ coaching at a D1 school. That is the question people want to know.
[/quote] .