Millard and Hopke in Pittsburgh Wrestling Classic

Started by No One Cares, March 25, 2024, 08:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No One Cares

rankwizard

SP

Awesome! Two Wisconsin kids competing in a national dual and both are going to college in Minnesota. Must have flown under the radar of UW coaches.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

VQOriginal

Millard definitely wasn't missed by the UW coaches. He just had no interest in going here. For obvious reasons. Hopke was most likely destined to go toN being a Pinnacle guy.

rankwizard

Quote from: VQOriginal on March 27, 2024, 04:08:26 PMMillard definitely wasn't missed by the UW coaches. He just had no interest in going here. For obvious reasons. Hopke was most likely destined to go toN being a Pinnacle guy.

Agree.

Sad thing is, while a coach, or any guy in general, may be a really great guy in life, sometimes it's best to pick up your shoes and get a fresh start elsewhere. Or, if it's not best, perhaps things can get worked out. Signs seem to point to say that getting a fresh start could be the best move for all parties, but I definitely don't know everything.

rankwizard

On the original topic, I wish nothing but the best for Millard and Hopke, looking forward to checking up on some Saturday offseason wrestling without actually being at one for a change.

Millard, Hopke, Mirasola all were worthy of overall wrestler of the year for WI

littleguy301

Quote from: SP on March 27, 2024, 08:09:41 AMAwesome! Two Wisconsin kids competing in a national dual and both are going to college in Minnesota. Must have flown under the radar of UW coaches.

That is funny!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

SP

Even better, Bono is being inducted into the Pittsburg Classic Hall of Fame. How many people ask him how he missed on both Millard and Hopke? Imagine the BS he will tell them.
Anti-Inclusion Mafia

buc65

I'm not defending Bono, but he is bringing in a 285 who beat Hopke.  How much that 285 gets on the mat in wrestling is TBD.

Here are the numbers for each of the 4 All-Star Teams at the Pittsburgh Classic and if they are staying in state for college or leaving the state.  A lot of kids not staying in there home state to wrestle.

PA All-Stars - 3 in state wrestling & 1 football - 8 out of state wrestling
US All-Stars - 3 in state wrestling - 9 out of state wrestling - 1 recruit from MN is going to Oklahoma
WPIAL All-Stars - 5 in state (2 @ D2), 6 out of state and 1 no information
NJ All-Stars - 1 in state (D2), 6 out of state and 5 no information

rankwizard

Quote from: buc65 on March 27, 2024, 11:54:48 PMI'm not defending Bono, but he is bringing in a 285 who beat Hopke.  How much that 285 gets on the mat in wrestling is TBD.

Here are the numbers for each of the 4 All-Star Teams at the Pittsburgh Classic and if they are staying in state for college or leaving the state.  A lot of kids not staying in there home state to wrestle.

PA All-Stars - 3 in state wrestling & 1 football - 8 out of state wrestling
US All-Stars - 3 in state wrestling - 9 out of state wrestling - 1 recruit from MN is going to Oklahoma
WPIAL All-Stars - 5 in state (2 @ D2), 6 out of state and 1 no information
NJ All-Stars - 1 in state (D2), 6 out of state and 5 no information

I can agree there is some defense for Bono. He can do well, but perhaps he needs a fresh start in a different state. Unless he doesn't mind the criticism here in WI

VQOriginal

Well, I know Reader comes on here to read stuff. Not sure if Bono takes the time to. But, I'd imagine Bono has some fairly thick skin.

DocWrestling

Fickell brought in Johnson, not Bono.  Bringing in Johnson creates issues in the room with Johnson and Amos but at least Johnson does not count against the scholarship limit
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

FinalWord

How did the lads do? Can only find results from previous years
" I never met a man I didn't like except Will Rodgers."

Ledger