NCAA’s Day 2

Started by GrappleGuy, March 22, 2024, 11:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imwi

PAUL

It sure would be awesome to see Eric Barnett win tonight and get to the Finals.  It has been somewhat of a tough season for UW, and while this wouldn't solve any of the issues folks bring up, it would be Dang fine to see him on the biggest stage of all tomorrow.  Go Bucky!

vsmf2010

He has already guaranteed his highest finish which is a great way to end a great career and to wrestle on Saturday night in his last college match would be amazing.

DocWrestling

Semifinals are on ESPN at 7pm.  All other matches can be seen on ESPN+ like they have been today and yesterday
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

Tough battle.  Never really got a shot.  Really tried upper body stuff.  Never won a scramble.  This time the review went against him but I think they made the right call

imwi

I agree, I called 3 when it happened

Ghetto

Throw the brick. No reason not to when Barnett had the arm around the waist.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

CLC FAN

No One Cares

Hamiti just flat out pissed it away.  Not surprised if he hits the portal. 

CLC FAN

Inexplicably kicked him free with 16 seconds left in the second.  Likely cost him two points and the match

DocWrestling

Brutal way to end the season.  Just seemed a step slow.  Allowed deep into legs and the one takedown he just got thrown off balance.

Seems to be at his station.  Dominates those behind him but can't beat the top guys

Ghetto

Twice had the opportunity to ride out periods. 20 seconds and 19. Couldn't do either one.

L
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrestling for fun

Im not sure there has been any notable development in Hamiti or Barnett since their freshman year.   

Troy Grindle

Quote from: Ghetto on March 22, 2024, 07:36:32 PMThrow the brick. No reason not to when Barnett had the arm around the waist.

I said the same thing.  What did you have to lose?  Absolutely nothing.  Throwing the brick worked for Iowa.
And then there was that.

CLC FAN

I'm not sure that's fair to say for EB

Was he a fantastic WI high school wrestler... absolutely.

Were there a bunch of guys like that who didn't become multiple time AA's and make the semis as seniors... Absolutely!