Big Ten Tourney

Started by DocWrestling, March 09, 2024, 09:07:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No One Cares

Mechler wins by tech. Needs to win 2 more in a row to qualify. 

No One Cares

Hamiti pinned Taylor right away. Into the finals!

harley25

Who you got tomorrow Hamiti or Mesenbrink

leg turk

Messenbrink looked awfully good. I'm nervous.

crossface21

Quote from: leg turk on March 09, 2024, 07:45:22 PMMessenbrink looked awfully good. I'm nervous.

A tech fall and a pin in 1:04 in the semi's is awfully good too. I'm a big Mesenbrink fan, as I am of Hamiti. Since Hamiti is UW, I'm siding with him. Should be a great match.

whatever

Definitely going to be fun to watch the clash of styles between two high scoring wrestlers.  Hamiti wrestles like he doesn't care what happens as long as he's attacking and taking risks.

Mesenbrink just looks so relentless attacking the legs that he makes his opponents look like they've never had a guy shoot on their legs before.  He gets in on the legs with the same effort as me getting a bowl out of the kitchen cabinet.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

jw52

Messenbrink is gonna make a fool of hamati. When are all of you going to realize the Bono experiment was a mistake and start calling for his release? We are worse now than we ever were with Barry and Bono's  recruiting classes are not going to get UW into the top 5 as he promised when he took the job. We were sold a false bill of goods. Time to start looking for a new head coach.

littleguy301

Go Badgers! Win your placement matches!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

wrestle03

Hamiti vs Messenbrink is gonna be a good one.  Hamiti is so smooth and always seems to be in control - Messenbrink is relentless and always coming forward and attacking the legs. Messenbrink and his takedown game is as good as Ive seen in very long time.  Cant wait.

PAUL

Win or lose today, Hamiti is superb, a real treasure!  That being said, as an outsider I'd have to think that the program is disappointed with yesterdays overall results. 

Numbers

Quote from: PAUL on March 10, 2024, 08:34:28 AMWin or lose today, Hamiti is superb, a real treasure!  That being said, as an outsider I'd have to think that the program is disappointed with yesterdays overall results. 
Other than the Barnett matches, what else did you expect starting the tournament yesterday?

I think the negative program posters were wrong about the Badgers top 5 wrestlers all being top 8 at Big Tens.

crossface21

The Maylor and Leigel matches really left a sour taste. They were seemingly in control then reversed and pinned. That they were basically back to back made it that much worse. Really wish Nicolar would have wrestled better. Gotta find a way to bring the noise earlier in the match rather than getting down a bunch early and can't recover.

DocWrestling

Just looking at team scores and it is amazing how many teams are much worse than the Badgers.  Crazy that Illinois and Northwestern are so bad with the wrestling Illinois has
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

Why are they going to wrestle the Mechler 11th place match?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

bigoil

Quote from: jw52 on March 10, 2024, 01:23:35 AMMessenbrink is gonna make a fool of hamati. When are all of you going to realize the Bono experiment was a mistake and start calling for his release? We are worse now than we ever were with Barry and Bono's  recruiting classes are not going to get UW into the top 5 as he promised when he took the job. We were sold a false bill of goods. Time to start looking for a new head coach.
First, I don't think anyone is going to make Dean look like a fool.

Second "if you don't bleed badger red, why continue to blast the program?"