Braxton

Started by vsmf2010, February 29, 2024, 10:10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

wrestle03

Care to share the article or any information for those of us that cant access the article?

vsmf2010

Sure, here you go. Not verbatim but close.

From Braxton

"Update for what I have been up to the last few months. Out at the Olympic training center since November. Training and learning from the coaches. Trying to get a handle on Greco and some of the nuances. Right now I am in Denmark to compete at the Thor Masters tourny to get some matches under me before the trials. After that moving back to Madison when I get back to the US. Excited to get to work with our guys at the UW, team, coaches and support staff. Excited to work beside everyone as they finish out their year and I make my run to Paris. I could not have done this without the support of the the Wisconsin RTC and I want to thank everyone who supports and donates to them for helping me continue to chase my dreams throughout the Olympic year. Thank you guys"

vsmf2010

On a related note Alan Vera qualified Greco 97kg at the Pan Am Olympic qualifier so whoever wins the trials (hopefully Braxton) will automatically qualify for the Olympics and not have to worry about going to any of the last chance qualifiers which is great.

leg turk

Who would he be working with at the RTC?

wrestle03

Is there even anyone "training" with the RTC?  Who do they even have?

charteroak1

I would hope that Braxton was indicating that he will be moving back AFTER the Olympics if he makes the team.  As Bono indicated they are now focused on the HS aged kids that are training at the UW with the RTC.  The only guys I would think are receiving any finances are Gross, Amos and Model. 

I do have a question regarding the RTC however.  Are most of those kids also training with Nazar, AWA and Sarbacker in the Madison area, because I didn't see one photo with any of the RTC coaches with groups like I did the three mentioned from the State Tournament.  Does anyone have any insight as to who some of these HS kids might be that are training at the RTC?

vsmf2010

Braxton clearly said in the update that he is moving back to Madison when he comes back to the US after Denmark to finish out the year with the team, prepare for the trials and get ready to make is run to Paris.

Coach Bono said in a video a while back (I think it was a Buckys Den) that they have HS RTC practices every week in the off season and he said the group is large and most or all the kids you are familiar with have been there at 1 time or another. If I get a chance I will try to find that video.

As far as pictures with the coaching staff at the HS tournament, I am not sure if that is a thing or if that may be a recruiting violation. Anybody with more insight than me please comment.

charteroak1

Hopefully they'll bring in some training partners for his run.

Just happen to stumble upon this on the Intermat forum.
Hopefully the Rumors are not true.  With NIL I wouldn't fault him for leaving. 

flyingcement
flyingcementBig Brain
Members
Author
Posted February 1
Rumor floating around that Braxton Amos will enter the portal after his ORS year

BadgerOne

Quote from: charteroak1 on March 01, 2024, 09:17:25 AMHopefully they'll bring in some training partners for his run.

flyingcement
flyingcementBig Brain
Members
Author
Posted February 1
Rumor floating around that Braxton Amos will enter the portal after his ORS year

I have no idea if Braxton is considering leaving, but I don't think if he did it would be about NIL.  He's probably on a full ride given he was ranked at top of his HS class and while Braxton seems like a good guy who works hard, is coachable and takes wrestling seriously, he hasn't lived up to extremely high expectations.  I don't see Penn State or Iowa as players and don't think anyone is going to give him more than full ride money or at least meaningfully above it.  So financially he is probably best served staying in Madison. Now if he thinks Dillon Johnson will wrestle next year and is not sure he'll be able to beat him out for the spot come tournament time, then he might weigh options.   Or maybe he thinks he'd thrive somewhere else with better practice partners.   I like Braxton, so I'm hoping he stays, but I don't think NIL is driving his decision.

hornbuckleb

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 01, 2024, 10:06:32 AM
Quote from: charteroak1 on March 01, 2024, 09:17:25 AMHopefully they'll bring in some training partners for his run.

flyingcement
flyingcementBig Brain
Members
Author
Posted February 1

I have no idea if Braxton is considering leaving, but I don't think if he did it would be about NIL.  He's probably on a full ride given he was ranked at top of his HS class and while Braxton seems like a good guy who works hard, is coachable and takes wrestling seriously, he hasn't lived up to extremely high expectations.  I don't see Penn State or Iowa as players and don't think anyone is going to give him more than full ride money or at least meaningfully above it.  So financially he is probably best served staying in Madison. Now if he thinks Dillon Johnson will wrestle next year and is not sure he'll be able to beat him out for the spot come tournament time, then he might weigh options.   Or maybe he thinks he'd thrive somewhere else with better practice partners.   I like Braxton, so I'm hoping he stays, but I don't think NIL is driving his decision.

GO GRECO