Competitive Balance

Started by bulldog24, February 14, 2024, 01:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rankwizard

Quote from: Chris Hansen on April 13, 2024, 09:36:11 AM[quote link=msg=681279 date=1712976139]
I'm not sure if this will be a huge factor in the future, word I've been getting is wrestling will be going to two divisions for boys.

That is quality content right there but keep in mind that what is funny to you and I can be taken as the truth by the millennials........
[/quote]

Maybe Gen X

VQOriginal

Kaukauna. Recruiting! Bwahahahahahaha! That's rich. I love it every time I hear it!!

rankwizard

Quote from: VQOriginal on April 14, 2024, 10:37:06 AMKaukauna. Recruiting! Bwahahahahahaha! That's rich. I love it every time I hear it!!

Recruiting is a broad term my friend, and not a negative term.

bigoil

Kids that do not reside (or did not previously) in the KK school district perhaps would be a better description.

tyben

It would be interesting to see the breakdown of kids that live, or grew up in, the school district of the best teams. I get why kids gravitate towards great programs, can't blame kids and parents for wanting to be part of it.

bulldog

bulldog

Quote from: VQOriginal on April 14, 2024, 10:37:06 AMKaukauna. Recruiting! Bwahahahahahaha! That's rich. I love it every time I hear it!!

Yeah...I don't think Kaukauna is really recruiting. Great thing about open enrollment in the Fox Valley is I have at least 8 high schools to choose from (Kaukauna, Kimberly, Appleton East, West, North, Little Chute, Neenah and Menasha). (I will say I don't know the current open enrollment policies of all these schools)

If I live in the right location it is a short drive to any of the high schools in that area. I can pick and choose. If my wrestler is a beast on the mat, head to Kaukauna. I don't think this has changed. Except Kimberly has been historically over capacity so you had to live in the school district to get enrolled. But buy a house in Kimberly and I could hit most of those schools. I think the longest drive would have been to Neenah which was 17 minutes from Kimberly HS to Neenah High School.

Now add in Freedom and Wrightstown and you have some great options with open enrollment.

DKelly28

https://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/1307122

Looks like D1 it is for Luxemburg-Casco and Prairie du Chien and D2 for Coleman and Fennimore next year.

Houndhead

Has PDC won a state title?

DKelly28

Quote from: Houndhead on April 16, 2024, 07:20:15 AMHas PDC won a state title?

Nope. Two runner-ups and three Semifinalist appearances over the last five seasons.

Houndhead

Quote from: DKelly28 on April 16, 2024, 08:15:21 AM
Quote from: Houndhead on April 16, 2024, 07:20:15 AMHas PDC won a state title?

Nope. Two runner-ups and three Semifinalist appearances over the last five seasons.

It sucks being moved up without ever winning a state championship.

VQOriginal

Bulldog,

Agreed. When I see the word recruit, it makes my agent orange act up. We, as a family, chose to move here from Oshkosh. And I will say it outright, Oshkosh SUCKS. And I carry no shame in it. That city as a whole has taken a dive. We open enrolled both boys in Neenah. But by Liam's 6th grade year, it was clear Neenah wasn't the place to be. At all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Neenah is a soccer/lacrosse town. There have been some great individuals to come out of Neenah. But the community in Kaukauna is what drew us in. We specifically made the move at 6th grade to avoid the "recruitment" phrase. We're here because of culture. Nothing else. The towns you mentioned, Wrightstown, Freedom, also great cultures there. We'll never fault anyone for making a move to better themselves. At any age.

rankwizard

Quote from: VQOriginal on April 17, 2024, 02:42:27 PMBulldog,

Agreed. When I see the word recruit, it makes my agent orange act up. We, as a family, chose to move here from Oshkosh. And I will say it outright, Oshkosh SUCKS. And I carry no shame in it. That city as a whole has taken a dive. We open enrolled both boys in Neenah. But by Liam's 6th grade year, it was clear Neenah wasn't the place to be. At all. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Neenah is a soccer/lacrosse town. There have been some great individuals to come out of Neenah. But the community in Kaukauna is what drew us in. We specifically made the move at 6th grade to avoid the "recruitment" phrase. We're here because of culture. Nothing else. The towns you mentioned, Wrightstown, Freedom, also great cultures there. We'll never fault anyone for making a move to better themselves. At any age.

Hey bud, I didn't mean it that way and i apologize if I razzled up a bad phrase. I know other top teams benefit from kids gravitating to their programs.. same way the college system is working in football and basically all sports. it's just how it works. college is definitely more for recruiting and it's not a negative term. high school is different and we all have mad respect for those top programs.

KK has been top of the line for awhile and they seem they are going to be that way for a very very long time. They are one of the gold standards for sure. They are one of the measuring sticks everyone measures themselves up against.

rankwizard

Quote from: DKelly28 on April 15, 2024, 11:40:43 PMhttps://www.wissports.net/news_article/show/1307122

Looks like D1 it is for Luxemburg-Casco and Prairie du Chien and D2 for Coleman and Fennimore next year.

Where do you see PDC to Division 1? i guess i can't find that

No One Cares