RIP Maggie

Started by badgerstateref, February 07, 2024, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miltonfan#1

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 17, 2024, 08:35:56 PM
Quote from: mickey on February 16, 2024, 08:50:53 AMI've been absent for a long time but with Schleps passing I would be remiss not to comment. Maggie was larger than life and he never met anyone who didn't become fast friends. Not many have the gift of drawing in those with opposing viewpoints, especially political but this man was original and steadfast. I spoke with him last week, "Popey we need to get together, it's been too long and we're not getting any younger". I know Schlep, but I'm still working, not like you", which drew his deep belly laugh.  Well, when you gonna call it quits"? he asked. " Someday" I said to which he replied, " don't wait forever" 

I waited in line last night for over two hours to pay my respects. If Maggie had planned his wake, I'm sure he would have had waiters serving PBR's. 

Godspeed Maggie. We'll have forever when I get there.

Well said!

I couldn't make it down, any of you people meeting up at state?
I'll be there all weekend
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

littleguy301

Quote from: miltonfan#1 on February 18, 2024, 04:33:54 AM
Quote from: mickey on February 16, 2024, 08:50:53 AMI've been absent for a long time but with Schleps passing I would be remiss not to comment. Maggie was larger than life and he never met anyone who didn't become fast friends. Not many have the gift of drawing in those with opposing viewpoints, especially political but this man was original and steadfast. I spoke with him last week, "Popey we need to get together, it's been too long and we're not getting any younger". I know Schlep, but I'm still working, not like you", which drew his deep belly laugh.  Well, when you gonna call it quits"? he asked. " Someday" I said to which he replied, " don't wait forever" 

I waited in line last night for over two hours to pay my respects. If Maggie had planned his wake, I'm sure he would have had waiters serving PBR's. 

Well said!

I will be able to be down this year!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Dale Einerson

I have been away from the forum for years, logged in today, state tournament in mind to catch up on the comments.  Looking forward to attending Team State with one of my sons...and then I read this.

Maggie was opinionated; fun.  I know he had very meaningful relationships with many in the wrestling community and definitely count his loss as a very sad moment.

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

Big House

Quote from: littleguy301 on February 18, 2024, 06:40:02 PM
Quote from: miltonfan#1 on February 18, 2024, 04:33:54 AM

Well said!

I will be able to be down this year!

See you soon my old friend
People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

wrestle03

Maggie was a special character for sure.  I butted heads with him a few times, but we conversed in private message multiple times and he always had a good reason for what he believed.  Definitely a knowledgeable and die hard fan of Milton and of wrestling in general.  He will be missed.

leg turk

RIP Maggie, I enjoyed talking wrestling with you. You got the best seat for the finals!

miltonfan#1

3 Champs from milton.. uncle shlep aka Maggie is proud watching above
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

MarkK

I was going to say the same the Miltonfan.  Maggie would have been proud.   Happy for Milton.  Sad to see Jerry go.  Life can be short.   Love those around you.
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin