Wrestling Mats for practice room- What brand to get?

Started by Throwdown141, January 09, 2024, 04:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throwdown141

Our school is looking at getting new mats for the wrestling room.

Dollamur and EZ Flex seem to be the frontrunners. Any others?

We really want to go the tapeless route. Does the velcro really hold up on those tapeless mats?

Thoughts?

PH

If you are not going to take the mats apart very often, I would go with velcro.  It will not hold up very long if you have to unvelcro them all the time though.  Go with the 2 inch if you can also.  Much softer.

charteroak1

panther93

Are you going to take them out of the room often?  We went with two one section mats. They are big and hard to handle, but we do not take ours out of our room.  Less seams means less tape and areas for funk to grow. 

Throwdown141

About 80% of the mats don't need to be moved. We just need to roll up 2 sections each fall for other sports to use.

MNbadger

I would not use the light weight mats for daily practice(hard on bodies day in and day out). I would stick with regular Resilite type mats for the practice room.
If your stuck using the lightweight mats daily, everyone should be wearing knee pads.  When you land on the lightweight mats and your knee moves laterally, they don't give at all.  The traditional mats do. 
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan