Great Day to be a Badger 10/16

Started by head57, October 16, 2023, 08:03:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerOne

Quote from: novice wrestler on October 18, 2023, 08:36:13 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on October 18, 2023, 01:52:58 AM
Quote from: npope on October 17, 2023, 05:52:17 PM
Quote from: bigoil on October 17, 2023, 04:32:06 PMYou two sure enjoy putting down Bono using a HS kid to do so.

Agreed. No reason to belittle any young athlete. Chew on Bono if you feel compelled, but you can do it without including collateral damage in your snarky remarks.

Who belittled an athlete?   ???

The belittlement is the suggestion that he isn't or doesn't have the potential to be a D1 wrestler.  Not to hard to figure that out, especially coming from a bitter dude you appear to be

I haven't belittled an athlete, but you are trying to belittle me for some reason.  Bitter Dude?  Not at all.  Can't I post on here, without guys like you getting hostile and lashing out.  Geez.

WiscFan

Let's encourage dialogue and not jump on each other guys. People are entitled to their opinion / comments. Unless you are being cruel or belligerent, keep talkin I say.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: BadgerOne on October 18, 2023, 09:17:39 AMI haven't belittled an athlete, but you are trying to belittle me for some reason.  Bitter Dude?  Not at all.  Can't I post on here, without guys like you getting hostile and lashing out.  Geez.

QuoteBono outrecruited The Citadel and some DII schools.  Amazing!

So this was a genuinely impressive achievement in your mind?

Don't be so obtuse. You can play(and I hope it's playing) dumb easier than pretty much anyone else I've seen.

wrestle03

Vir Fortis - if you take off your blinders you'll clearly see the sarcasm in the post from No One Cares......
Bono is a recruiting powerhouse!!!!  Likely had to give up a partial scholarship to get him over the Citadel and D3 schools.  LOL.  Bono has a team that will likely be second to last in the Big Ten and he cant land a blue chip recruit to save his ***.

BadgerOne

Quote from: Vir Fortis on October 20, 2023, 02:14:00 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on October 18, 2023, 09:17:39 AMI haven't belittled an athlete, but you are trying to belittle me for some reason.  Bitter Dude?  Not at all.  Can't I post on here, without guys like you getting hostile and lashing out.  Geez.

Stop with your personal vendetta against me!  You need mental health treatment.
QuoteBono outrecruited The Citadel and some DII schools.  Amazing!

So this was a genuinely impressive achievement in your mind?

Don't be so obtuse. You can play(and I hope it's playing) dumb easier than pretty much anyone else I've seen.

wrestlemania

Quote from: BadgerOne on October 18, 2023, 09:17:39 AM
Quote from: novice wrestler on October 18, 2023, 08:36:13 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on October 18, 2023, 01:52:58 AM
Quote from: npope on October 17, 2023, 05:52:17 PM
Quote from: bigoil on October 17, 2023, 04:32:06 PMYou two sure enjoy putting down Bono using a HS kid to do so.

Agreed. No reason to belittle any young athlete. Chew on Bono if you feel compelled, but you can do it without including collateral damage in your snarky remarks.

Who belittled an athlete?   ???

The belittlement is the suggestion that he isn't or doesn't have the potential to be a D1 wrestler.  Not to hard to figure that out, especially coming from a bitter dude you appear to be

I haven't belittled an athlete, but you are trying to belittle me for some reason.  Bitter Dude?  Not at all.  Can't I post on here, without guys like you getting hostile and lashing out.  Geez.

Because all you do (and a couple of others as well) is come on these boards to rip Bono or anyone he's recruiting. I guarantee you the minute he's gone we'll never see a post from you again. I can remember of a number of those same types around here who disappeared the minute Davis was gone, figuring their work was done. It's pathetic.

My Lord, a high school kid gets a D-I scholarship offer to UW and instead of being happy and excited for him (or better yet not writing anything at it) you infer that because the only other D-I school offering him was the Citadel, he can't be any good and bash Bono for recruiting him. How do you know what he's going to be able to do at the college level, hmmm?  And why would you even pass judgement on it? He's just a high school kid for crying out loud! You fault him for taking a UW offer, to wrestle in the B1G when he had the opportunity? Man, there's something wrong with you and wrestle03

dad 2 5

Looks like a 1st as a Jr at State and a 3rd as a So at State in D3. I can't find Fargo but appears he has done well in Greco. Not seeing any big wins but there also seems to be a lot of missing matches on Track.

littleguy301

Quote from: dad 2 5 on October 21, 2023, 11:54:32 AMLooks like a 1st as a Jr at State and a 3rd as a So at State in D3. I can't find Fargo but appears he has done well in Greco. Not seeing any big wins but there also seems to be a lot of missing matches on Track.

Blood round greco in 2022 I believe. Last year is escaping me big time. Solid wrestlers for sure and I hear good kid. Nice recruit and go badgers!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Houndhead

There was a whole bunch of D1 schools that didn't think Stephen Buchanon was worthy of a scholarship too.

wrastle63

Quote from: Houndhead on October 23, 2023, 06:16:23 AMThere was a whole bunch of D1 schools that didn't think Stephen Buchanon was worthy of a scholarship too.
Yea look how that turned out. I am all in favor of getting as many WI kids as we can in the WI room. Obviously he didn't get a full scholarship, but if he is a good kid and a hard worker then it is never a bad thing to get another recruit.

Ghetto

Quote from: wrastle63 on October 23, 2023, 07:48:58 AM
Quote from: Houndhead on October 23, 2023, 06:16:23 AMThere was a whole bunch of D1 schools that didn't think Stephen Buchanon was worthy of a scholarship too.
Yea look how that turned out. I am all in favor of getting as many WI kids as we can in the WI room. Obviously he didn't get a full scholarship, but if he is a good kid and a hard worker then it is never a bad thing to get another recruit.

Amen
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Quote from: wrastle63 on October 23, 2023, 07:48:58 AM
Well said!

vsmf2010

That is a great post! Steven Monk was another WI wrestler who was not on everyone's radar and had a great college career.

Ryan Williams from ODU made it all the way to NCAA finals in 2009. I remember during the broadcast they said that he had never won a state or national championship at any level. I just looked him up and he was a 2 time state qualifier in PA with a DNP and a 7th place finish.

Granted that is PA which is brutal but point being is you never really know how a young man is going to develop in college. Get as many high character hard working wrestlers as you can in the room and see what happens. Not every AA was a 3 or 4 time state champ.

Grapl

Quote from: vsmf2010 on October 23, 2023, 09:11:56 AM

That is a great post! Steven Monk was another WI wrestler who was not on everyone's radar and had a great college career.

Ryan Williams from ODU made it all the way to NCAA finals in 2009. I remember during the broadcast they said that he had never won a state or national championship at any level. I just looked him up and he was a 2 time state qualifier in PA with a DNP and a 7th place finish.

Granted that is PA which is brutal but point being is you never really know how a young man is going to develop in college. Get as many high character hard working wrestlers as you can in the room and see what happens. Not every AA was a 3 or 4 time state champ.
vsmf2010 - I like the way you are thinking.  You are correct on many levels, the question is development. Please help me in naming a recent Badger wrestler that the current coaching staff has developed?  Some may say Barnett.  He was a cadet Fargo champ coming in so I think he was already developed.  People on here seem to be in the know so let it rip. 

bigoil

Quote from: Grapl on October 23, 2023, 11:12:06 AM
Quote from: vsmf2010 on October 23, 2023, 09:11:56 AM

vsmf2010 - I like the way you are thinking.  You are correct on many levels, the question is development. Please help me in naming a recent Badger wrestler that the current coaching staff has developed?  Some may say Barnett.  He was a cadet Fargo champ coming in so I think he was already developed.  People on here seem to be in the know so let it rip. 
I'm sure it is in the eye of the beholder but here is my quick response, many more but these were top of mind.

Barnett - has definitely developed, his ride game and counter TD are exceptional
Zargo - DNP at NJ States
Model - clearly got better, a lot of this was his motor but each week you could see one small thing, don't cut him because he's shooting in on you with his long arms and likely getting a TD.
Hamiti - Keeps getting better, though he was a stud admittedly, though wasn't expected to AA as a true freshman.
Gomez - certainly was good but he was not a guy knocking off P4P the best wrestler in dominating fashion.
Hilger - I don't think he was expected to be a 4X AA.