2023/2024 Season

Started by bolognapony, October 06, 2023, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muskie89

Quote from: WFactory19 on February 04, 2024, 08:55:16 AMLol! This is what we are doing now? Vanden Hoffman was deserving of the conference MVP without a doubt. Not one kid in the conference can beat him and he's a senior that's absolutely rolling. I get he didn't have the "toughest" bracket but so what? Does that make him less of a MVP wrestler...no.

On the other hand, congratulations to Shiocton they earned the hard fought conference title. They needed their whole team to step up and win in order to beat Wega's 6 champs. However, don't get too comfortable on top for long  ;D

Congrats on 2nd place.

Bulleyes25

Quote from: muskie89 on February 05, 2024, 12:09:01 PM
Quote from: WFactory19 on February 04, 2024, 08:55:16 AMLol! This is what we are doing now? Vanden Hoffman was deserving of the conference MVP without a doubt. Not one kid in the conference can beat him and he's a senior that's absolutely rolling. I get he didn't have the "toughest" bracket but so what? Does that make him less of a MVP wrestler...no.

On the other hand, congratulations to Shiocton they earned the hard fought conference title. They needed their whole team to step up and win in order to beat Wega's 6 champs. However, don't get too comfortable on top for long  ;D

Congrats on 2nd place.

Classic Shiocton Fan  :-[

muskie89

Quote from: Bulleyes25 on February 06, 2024, 01:02:31 PM

Congrats on 2nd place.

bolognapony

Congrats on 2nd place.

Happy you said classic, and not classy.  Because there is no such thing as a classy Shiocton fan.

padre

My take on the conference this year...we saw some of the best duals in many years. It's something to celebrate that we brought crowded gyms to their feet for 2 hour duals.

IMO great chance 2 teams get to team state.  Overall it's something to celebrate.  WB May not quite contend next year but the top 2 will again be a dog fight next year.

We have a bunch of kids that will contend for the podium and there is a great chance we will have multiple girls contending for titles!!!

The CWC has represented well this year and hopefully will put exclamation points in the post season!!!

BrokeHimOnBottom

Quote from: bolognapony on February 07, 2024, 02:36:39 PM

Congrats on 2nd place.

Happy you said classic, and not classy.  Because there is no such thing as a classy Shiocton fan.

Like WF should be talking about class. I witnessed some parents and coaches berating and belittling kids after their matches at conference and it was absolutely sickening. I agree, Shiocton and their fans are definitely not classy, but you don't see their staff or or any other staff in the conference doing that kind of stuff!

WFactory19

Quote from: BrokeHimOnBottom on February 09, 2024, 12:38:00 PM
Quote from: bolognapony on February 07, 2024, 02:36:39 PM

Congrats on 2nd place.

Like WF should be talking about class. I witnessed some parents and coaches berating and belittling kids after their matches at conference and it was absolutely sickening. I agree, Shiocton and their fans are definitely not classy, but you don't see their staff or or any other staff in the conference doing that kind of stuff!
Shiocton fans obviously have way too much time on their hands watching our coaches intently. Must want to see how great coaching is done  ;D

Good luck CWC conference at regionals this weekend! Btw, I have WF getting 8 state qualifiers.

bolognapony

Good Luck to all 3 CWC teams competing tomorrow in the team sectional.  Very nice year for the conference.

bolognapony

Congratulations to WEYAUWEGA-Fremont on making it to team state.  Very cool to have a representative from the CWC down at team state! 8)  ;D

Birnamwoodfan

Congrats to WF! They made it out of a VERY tough team sectionals.

bolognapony

Quote from: Birnamwoodfan on February 15, 2024, 06:59:13 AMCongrats to WF! They made it out of a VERY tough team sectionals.

W/B should get some help with LC likely going up to D1 next year, if I understand the competitive balance rules.  Overall should have very good representation down in madison next weekend.  Very nice year for the CWC. 

Chuck

Quote from: Birnamwoodfan on February 15, 2024, 06:59:13 AMCongrats to WF! They made it out of a VERY tough team sectionals.
Congratulations to W/F.
Can only wrestle who they put in front of you.
WIAA geography is challenging.
I'm neither a W/F fan or Shiocton, but how awesome it would have been if Shiocton could have pulled off a win Tuesday and put 2 from the CWC at team state.
Good luck to all in the coming weeks.

WFactory19

Congratulations WF on qualifying for Team State! Super cool accomplishment for them and the CWC. It's always nice to see someone represent down at team state! Bring home the gold!!

bolognapony

8 through for the good guys.

Birnamwoodfan

Congrats to all of the state qualifiers from the conference! Shiocton and WF certainly are representing the conference well.