2023/2024 Season

Started by bolognapony, October 06, 2023, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muskie89

Quote from: pin23 on January 30, 2024, 09:17:17 PM
Quote from: bolognapony on January 30, 2024, 03:10:53 PMAnyone have predictions this weekend? I think Waupaca Fremont and Clintonville/New London Shiocton have a nice battle coming up.  ;D
Lol Shiocton doesn't have any new London kids, and the "Clintonville" kids parents actually bought a house and moved there 4 years ago. Unlike Wega who uses the 💩 factory to pick up kids from surrounding schools.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

BrokeHimOnBottom

Quote from: bolognapony on January 30, 2024, 03:10:53 PMAnyone have predictions this weekend? I think Waupaca Fremont and Clintonville/New London Shiocton have a nice battle coming up.   ;D

What kids on Shiocton are from Clintonville and New London? Generally curious  ???

WFactory19

Does it really matter where kids are from? Some find better educational programs or their parents move. Why take it out on the kids? Everyone still starts every match the same no matter what school they are from. Looking forward to a competitive battle on Saturday between WF and Shiocton. Classic rivalry between two good teams!

I just hope I don't see cowboy boots everywhere in Shiocton, kinda tacky if you ask me. May the best team win!

BrokeHimOnBottom

Quote from: WFactory19 on January 31, 2024, 11:25:04 AMDoes it really matter where kids are from? Some find better educational programs or their parents move. Why take it out on the kids? Everyone still starts every match the same no matter what school they are from. Looking forward to a competitive battle on Saturday between WF and Shiocton. Classic rivalry between two good teams!

I just hope I don't see cowboy boots everywhere in Shiocton, kinda tacky if you ask me. May the best team win!

Don't count out WB! Although their duals didn't go quite the way they wanted them to, they still have a chance to shake things up and could win the tournament!

Grapl

I just hope I don't see cowboy boots everywhere in Shiocton, kinda tacky if you ask me.

WFFactory19, you looking to start a fight?

WFactory19

Quote from: Grapl on January 31, 2024, 12:35:13 PMI just hope I don't see cowboy boots everywhere in Shiocton, kinda tacky if you ask me.

Lol nothing to fight about. I thought I'm allowed to have an opinion in today's day and age?

Grapl

Quote from: WFactory19 on February 01, 2024, 09:00:55 AM
Quote from: Grapl on January 31, 2024, 12:35:13 PMI just hope I don't see cowboy boots everywhere in Shiocton, kinda tacky if you ask me.

Lol nothing to fight about. I thought I'm allowed to have an opinion in today's day and age?
Agree 100% good luck to all this weekend!

Birnamwoodfan

Congrats to all on a great season. Which team do we think will have the most state qualifiers? I think it will be Wega (predicting 7 qualifiers).

Bulleyes25

Congrats to shiocton on a hard fought conference championship. Wega and Wittenberg battle all the way till the end. However, I believe some questionable calls by the refs and rowdy atmosphere ultimately was the reason why the chiefs pull this one off. I think we can all agree that it's the Warhawk's conference to lose for the up coming years. Also amazing end to one of the best HWT careers of all time. Vanden Hoffman truly earned the MVP award  today.

Birnamwoodfan

Quote from: Bulleyes25 on February 03, 2024, 05:39:49 PMCongrats to shiocton on a hard fought conference championship. Wega and Wittenberg battle all the way till the end. However, I believe some questionable calls by the refs and rowdy atmosphere ultimately was the reason why the chiefs pull this one off. I think we can all agree that it's the Warhawk's conference to lose for the up coming years. Also amazing end to one of the best HWT careers of all time. Vanden Hoffman truly earned the MVP award  today.

100% agree. However, I think Bennett Gunderson in his prime would've beaten Hoffman.

Bulleyes25

Quote from: Birnamwoodfan on February 03, 2024, 05:45:22 PM
Quote from: Bulleyes25 on February 03, 2024, 05:39:49 PMCongrats to shiocton on a hard fought conference championship. Wega and Wittenberg battle all the way till the end. However, I believe some questionable calls by the refs and rowdy atmosphere ultimately was the reason why the chiefs pull this one off. I think we can all agree that it's the Warhawk's conference to lose for the up coming years. Also amazing end to one of the best HWT careers of all time. Vanden Hoffman truly earned the MVP award  today.

100% agree. However, I think Bennett Gunderson in his prime would've beaten Hoffman.

That would be a fun match up,  however I truly believe it's hard to match up to Hoffman due to his athletic abilities.

pin23

Lol considering he is a 215 pounder and pumped up to a weaker weight class I don't believe he earned it. 106,150 and 165 were the toughest weight classes and those winners earned it today.

Bulleyes25

Quote from: pin23 on February 03, 2024, 11:12:58 PM
Lol considering he is a 215 pounder and pumped up to a weaker weight class I don't believe he earned it. 106,150 and 165 were the toughest weight classes and those winners earned it today.
With all due respect I don't think you know what you're talking about. Hoffman has been the overall best hwt with his size and athleticism abilities.

WFactory19

Lol! This is what we are doing now? Vanden Hoffman was deserving of the conference MVP without a doubt. Not one kid in the conference can beat him and he's a senior that's absolutely rolling. I get he didn't have the "toughest" bracket but so what? Does that make him less of a MVP wrestler...no.

On the other hand, congratulations to Shiocton they earned the hard fought conference title. They needed their whole team to step up and win in order to beat Wega's 6 champs. However, don't get too comfortable on top for long  ;D

matman

Quote from: Birnamwoodfan on February 03, 2024, 05:45:22 PM

Someone call up Whitewing from his prime... free airline tickets for everyone  :o