2023/2024 Season

Started by bolognapony, October 06, 2023, 02:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bolognapony

How exciting that wrestling is almost here.  Should be another great year for the CWC.  Weyauwega looks primed for a run to team state with the sectional change, plus a nice crop of freshman talent.  Should be very competitive for the conference title as well, looking forward to it.  Any predictions for this year?

Wrestlologist

Pretty quiet on this Forum.

CWC should get interesting now that W-F beat highly ranked Stratford and Random Lake yesterday.  W-F even forfeited that last few matches after securing the victory in a couple duals to keep their wrestlers fresh.  Team scores could have been higher.  W-F also defeated Oshkosh West, Neenah, and New London.  Check results on Trackwrestling.
Always do what is right ... God doesn't grade on a curve.

bolognapony

Heck of a dual last night between W-F and W-B.  Potential dual of the year.  Wega seems to be in the drivers seat in the CWC.

muskie89

bolognapony

Quote from: muskie89 on January 05, 2024, 02:04:47 PMWaupaca-Fremont?

Everyone needs something to complain about.  ::)

blacknblue

You can drill and waste your time or you can drill and get better. Either way we're going to drill! - D.G.

GO BLUE!!

BrokeHimOnBottom

Shiocton over WF 40-33.

Looks like WF might need to recruit a couple more Waupaca kids before they can take the driver seat in this conference...

Wittenberg still has a chance to shake everything up next week if they can beat Shiocton. Then it all comes down to the Conference Tourney!

muskie89

Shiocton showed some homegrown grit last night.
Congrats on the big win. Could have been much worse had they won the flip. WB will be a fun dual.

bolognapony

Quote from: muskie89 on January 19, 2024, 10:48:01 AMShiocton showed some homegrown grit last night.
Congrats on the big win. Could have been much worse had they won the flip. WB will be a fun dual.

You sure about that????   ;)

bolognapony

Quote from: BrokeHimOnBottom on January 18, 2024, 10:49:00 PMShiocton over WF 40-33.

Looks like WF might need to recruit a couple more Waupaca kids before they can take the driver seat in this conference...

Wittenberg still has a chance to shake everything up next week if they can beat Shiocton. Then it all comes down to the Conference Tourney!
[/quote :'(

WFactory19

First off, I'd like to say hats off to Shiocton they had a heck of a dual. Nothing better than seeing 2 great CWC teams battling match for match. It's a shame WF had stud 120 out due to injury, probably would have messed things up for Shiocton.

However, I'm with Bolognapony...I'm sick and tired of people complaing/looking for excuses for their own teams lack of performances. Say what you want but when you step foot on the line it's up to the two individuals at that moment.

Bulleyes25

Tough night last night for WF. Shiocton definitely out wrestled them. However I think everyone can agree Tim and Trevor will have this team ready to wrestle for bigger things than a darn conference team title.

Willie

Wow what a finish to the dual portion of the conference. Just a few takeaways from the season this far heading into next week's tournament:

Top 5 teams

Shiocton
Wega
Wittenberg
Amherst
Pittsville

Those were three incredible duals between the top three teams wow! All came down to a match or two and bonus points. Maybe the strongest group of three teams I can remember. What a rivalry between them. Hats off to Shiocton for coming out on top. The next three teams had some darn good duals themselves as well. The rest of the conference just really struggling with numbers.

Wega and Shiocton are both legitimate contenders to make team state. Wb would be as well if not for being D2 this year. Nice finish for the Amherst team with the young rookie head coach and Pittsville has a nice team. Bonduel got hit with the injury bug a little bit.

Next Saturday should be a great day of wrestling with some very entertaining and competitive matches throughout the day. Not sure how Shiocton hosts two years in a row but hey they did a good job last year. I'm sure their coaches will be strutting around in their cowboy boots though. See you all next week can't wait!

bolognapony

Anyone have predictions this weekend? I think Waupaca Fremont and Clintonville/New London Shiocton have a nice battle coming up.   ;D

pin23

Quote from: bolognapony on January 30, 2024, 03:10:53 PMAnyone have predictions this weekend? I think Waupaca Fremont and Clintonville/New London Shiocton have a nice battle coming up.   ;D
Lol Shiocton doesn't have any new London kids, and the "Clintonville" kids parents actually bought a house and moved there 4 years ago. Unlike Wega who uses the 💩 factory to pick up kids from surrounding schools.