2024 rock valley early season predictions

Started by thats2!, September 05, 2023, 08:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thats2!

Quote from: thats2! on February 08, 2024, 07:51:25 AM
Quote from: Grapl on February 07, 2024, 01:02:02 PMRVC schools highlighted-
Sectional C - Regional II @ Dodgeville; Belleville/Monticello/New Glarus, Belmont/Platteville, Brodhead/Juda, Cuba City/Benton/Southwestern, Darlington/BlackHawk, Dodgeville, Edgerton, Evansville, Lodi, Monroe, River/Randolph

Sectional D - Regional II @ Clinton; BigFoot/Williams Bay, Catholic Memorial, Clinton, Delavan-Darien, East Troy, Jefferson, Lake Mills, Lakeside Lutheran, Martin Luther, Pius Xi Catholic, Shoreland Lutheran, Turner, Whitewater

How many RVC kids advance to Sectionals from each regional?
My guess for the Regional II @ Dodgeville is roughly a dozen kids from the RVC will advance to Sectionals. Most of the qualifiers will come from Evansville. I think both Brodhead and Monroe can punch a few kids through as well. Like I previously stated I believe this to be one of the toughest D2 super regionals out there.

Now when it comes to regional II @ Clinton that would take some serious research, its so wide open and unknown its hard to make a guess. I'm just going to throw a number out there and see where it lands after this weekends results are posted on track. I'll say 30+ kids and I honestly feel like it could 40 kids. There are more RVC teams going to that regional and I feel the competition is not quite at the same level as the regional in Dodgeville.

Those are my thoughts, once again good luck to all the wrestlers competing.

I counted 12 RVC wrestlers moved on from the Dodgeville regional and 35 RVC wrestlers moved on from the Clinton regional.

justwrestle

IMHO one regional definitely had a higher level of competition than the other!  However, more conference wrestlers advancing than fewer is better. 

Grapl

Good luck to Whitewater @ team sectional tonight. 

Any prediction's for individual qualifiers from the RVC? Looks like we have 47 kids that have an opportunity to qualify.   

thats2!

I think Evansville could get 4 into state, Brodhead should get both McIntrye and Lohmar in. Menehen of Monroe is in a loaded 132 bracket, gonna be tough. Over at the other sectional I think east troy will have at least 3 go with Bogard, Collins and Gonzalez. I think Whitewater will send a couple for sure. That Sectional is defiantly wide open so they all have a chance IMO.