2024 rock valley early season predictions

Started by thats2!, September 05, 2023, 08:33:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thats2!

Evansville again lost 4 seniors and a lot of team points. Can they maintain their dominance. Or can a team like Jefferson or whitewater dethrone them. East Troy will have a lot of good lighter weight wrestles, can they put together a full team?

Grapl

2023 Rock Valley Conference scores:
1       Evansville    254.0
2   Whitewater    188.0
3   Clinton    166.0
4   Turner            158.0
5   Edgerton    138.0
6   Brodhead/Juda    113.0
7   Bigfoot/Williams Bay    87.0
8   East Troy    85.5
9   Jefferson    66.0
Based on this East Troy and Jefferson have some work to do. East Troy will be in the pack with transfers and school choice. Whitewater, Clinton and Turner could also make a run. I'm not aware of what other schools lost to graduation.   

thats2!

I know Jefferson has good numbers, eventually that should produce a solid team. The rock valley would just be that much more fun if it was a 3 or 4 team race every year. Hopefully teams can get their numbers back up and make the conference a little more competitive. 20 years ago every team had a few studs and most teams had full lineups and it was a very competitive conference.

Grapl

Returning Rock Valley Conference sectional/state qualifiers - it should be a fun year! Hopefully I didn't miss anyone.
Big Foot/Williams Bay
12 Chase Rodriguez - 120 sectional and state qualifier
Brodhead/Juda
12 Joe Lohmar 138 sectional/state
12 Marcus McIntyre 145 sectional/state 
Clinton
11 Braydyn Collins sectionals
12 D'Angelo Vernon sectionals
Delavan Darien
No returning sectional/state
Edgerton
No returning sectional/state
Evansville
12 Blake Frey 106 sectional/state
10 Lincoln Keller 120 sectional/state
11 Danny Heiser 132 sectional/state
12 Max Kaether 145 sectional
East Troy
10 Brady Collins 106 sectional/state
10 Jack Pluess 113 sectional
10 Chris Garcia 126 sectional
12 Jacob Ginal 145 sectional
Jefferson
11 Colton Stanley 113 sectional
11 Aiden Deblare 120 sectional
11 Payton Spittgerber 132 Sectional
Monroe
11 Owen Voegeli 106 sectional
11 Garrett Minder 113 sectional/state
12 Christian Schuh 152 sectional/state
Turner
12 Zack Ries 132 sectional/state
12 Carlos Ramirez 160 sectional
Whitewater
11 Jasen Porras 106 sectional
11 Connor Friend 132 sectional
11 Traysen Thomason 138 sectional
12 Odair Porras 145 sectional
12 Payton Lyon 182 sectional

RVCcoach

10 Owen Harwick 126 is a returning Sectional Qualifier for Clinton

Grapl

Quote from: RVCcoach on September 26, 2023, 01:35:25 PM10 Owen Harwick 126 is a returning Sectional Qualifier for Clinton
RVCcoach - you are correct.  Sorry, I knew would miss someone.  Hope their aren't any other's.

thats2!

Any predictions on wrestlers that are gonna make a nice jump? Any incoming freshman that we should know about? I know Brodhead's Joe Lohmar put in a ton of work this summer. Really looking forward to watching his senior season.

justwrestle

Quote from: thats2! on October 10, 2023, 02:05:50 PMAny predictions on wrestlers that are gonna make a nice jump? Any incoming freshman that we should know about? I know Brodhead's Joe Lohmar put in a ton of work this summer. Really looking forward to watching his senior season.

Lohmar was teched by Danny Heiser in the duel against Evansville...

Grapl

Correct me if I'm wrong but the tech came about 30 seconds into the 2nd period. :o WOW!!

justwrestle

Quote from: Grapl on January 19, 2024, 10:34:23 AMCorrect me if I'm wrong but the tech came about 30 seconds into the 2nd period. :o WOW!!

That is correct. Heiser owns wins over both the Division 1 and Division 3 #1 wrestlers per wigrappler rankings.

thats2!

Quote from: justwrestle on January 19, 2024, 12:35:48 PM
Quote from: Grapl on January 19, 2024, 10:34:23 AMCorrect me if I'm wrong but the tech came about 30 seconds into the 2nd period. :o WOW!!

That is correct. Heiser owns wins over both the Division 1 and Division 3 #1 wrestlers per wigrappler rankings.
Danny Heiser is on a hole other level. That's why he's going to Missouri with a scholarship. I just know Lohmar put in a lot of work and I think he will make the podium this year. It's nice to see rock valley kids have success, I'd like to see this conference get back to where it was 10-15 years again.

Grapl

Prediction's for this weekends RVC tournament? 

thats2!

Quote from: Grapl on January 31, 2024, 02:20:25 PMPrediction's for this weekends RVC tournament? 

Unfortunately I didn't log in on time to get my conference predictions in. Evansville dominated conference and I think everyone knew that was going to happen. Not many surprises there in my opinion other then Bogard of East Troy getting upset by Voegli of Monroe. Lets move on and talk regionals, you have the conference split into two different regionals. The group that is in sectional d has a less daunting task then there conference mates that attend sectional c. Sectional C regional II can defiantly make a argument for one of the toughest in the state. This regional could be holding half or more of the D2 state champs/finalists. Its not just top heavy either, I believe you will see a ton of state place winners and qualifiers come out of this region. Many tough teams and tough individuals. I could see a team like Evansville taking as low as 6th place if they don't come ready to go. Now I don't think that will happen as they looked sharp at conference but you have to ready to go from the first whistle. Cant wait for the action to kick off this Saturday, good luck to all the wrestlers

Grapl

RVC schools highlighted-
Sectional C - Regional II @ Dodgeville; Belleville/Monticello/New Glarus, Belmont/Platteville, Brodhead/Juda, Cuba City/Benton/Southwestern, Darlington/BlackHawk, Dodgeville, Edgerton, Evansville, Lodi, Monroe, River/Randolph

Sectional D - Regional II @ Clinton; BigFoot/Williams Bay, Catholic Memorial, Clinton, Delavan-Darien, East Troy, Jefferson, Lake Mills, Lakeside Lutheran, Martin Luther, Pius Xi Catholic, Shoreland Lutheran, Turner, Whitewater

How many RVC kids advance to Sectionals from each regional?

thats2!

Quote from: Grapl on February 07, 2024, 01:02:02 PMRVC schools highlighted-
Sectional C - Regional II @ Dodgeville; Belleville/Monticello/New Glarus, Belmont/Platteville, Brodhead/Juda, Cuba City/Benton/Southwestern, Darlington/BlackHawk, Dodgeville, Edgerton, Evansville, Lodi, Monroe, River/Randolph

Sectional D - Regional II @ Clinton; BigFoot/Williams Bay, Catholic Memorial, Clinton, Delavan-Darien, East Troy, Jefferson, Lake Mills, Lakeside Lutheran, Martin Luther, Pius Xi Catholic, Shoreland Lutheran, Turner, Whitewater

How many RVC kids advance to Sectionals from each regional?
My guess for the Regional II @ Dodgeville is roughly a dozen kids from the RVC will advance to Sectionals. Most of the qualifiers will come from Evansville. I think both Brodhead and Monroe can punch a few kids through as well. Like I previously stated I believe this to be one of the toughest D2 super regionals out there.

Now when it comes to regional II @ Clinton that would take some serious research, its so wide open and unknown its hard to make a guess. I'm just going to throw a number out there and see where it lands after this weekends results are posted on track. I'll say 30+ kids and I honestly feel like it could 40 kids. There are more RVC teams going to that regional and I feel the competition is not quite at the same level as the regional in Dodgeville.

Those are my thoughts, once again good luck to all the wrestlers competing.