Angelo Ferrari

Started by vsmf2010, March 31, 2023, 10:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

factfinder

Quote from: bigoil on June 27, 2023, 10:21:34 AMWhat is going on with gambling for Iowa athletes that I've been hearing about, especially in regards to the wrestling team.
Several Iowa wrestlers are currently being questioned and investigated, but the NCAA just released new guidelines that will mitigate any potential suspensions. They will most likely receive a more lenient punishment for those that gambled under 200.00.
The NCAA has to be careful with this investigation because there are kids on every team in the NCAA playing fantasy football or playing poker on-line or playing in a Thursday night poker game. These kids were betting on the NFL "not" NCAA games, still against the rules and suspensions are likely.
I understand how gambling could kill sports so I understand the concern and NCAA penalty's, But these kids didn't commit a crime so I hope they are dealt with fairly. 
With Iowa bringing in the NDSU AA they covered their lineup if they lose anyone.

the Gable rumor going to Iowa is beyond funny!! Gable has been all over the media saying "if" the WWE allows him to wrestle he would return to MN. Don't believe the trolls.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: BadgerOne on June 26, 2023, 07:13:10 PMVir Fortis tell me which PSU backups could hypothetically AA next year.  Other than 165 where there is both Facundo and Messenbrink, I don't see any backups that would score many points at NCAAs.   Put up or shut up!  You claim the second team is a podium team, but you can't use any starters so Howard, Nagao, Barlett, Van Ness, Haines, the starter between Facundo and Messenbrink, Staroccci, Truax and Kerkvliet can't be in the lineup.  Give the lineup of backups that is a podium team, so we can all see how ridiculous your assertions are.

I believe I was pretty clear when I said IF they kept everyone(which I don't think they'll do as backup AA's tend to transfer like Beard)...and in several years and then you moved the goalposts to next year.
And going back and reading my posts, it's kinda obnoxious how many times I've listed their recruits. But lets just start with take 84/97. You could have the Mirasola brothers or you could have Barr and Ryder(who is skipping his Sr year to train with the NLWC). Whoever are the backups there. They could be AAs.
'25/'33-Nagao/Lillendahl/Gibson/Nasdeo/Wetzel/Brock Weiss Whoever is the backup there in a couple years
'49-'65-Kasak/Van Ness/Erik Gibson/Messenbrink/Haines/Facundo/Sealy

And I'm missing so many guys and this is silly. But there, I put up. Take pick a starter and then there are 2-3 guys at each spot who's not even there yet in most cases who could end up AAs. And it's not like it's a reach since there are weights with multiple World Medalists or Freshmen AAs.

BadgerOne

Quote from: Vir Fortis on August 14, 2023, 07:08:20 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on June 26, 2023, 07:13:10 PMVir Fortis tell me which PSU backups could hypothetically AA next year.  Other than 165 where there is both Facundo and Messenbrink, I don't see any backups that would score many points at NCAAs.   Put up or shut up!  You claim the second team is a podium team, but you can't use any starters so Howard, Nagao, Barlett, Van Ness, Haines, the starter between Facundo and Messenbrink, Staroccci, Truax and Kerkvliet can't be in the lineup.  Give the lineup of backups that is a podium team, so we can all see how ridiculous your assertions are.

I believe I was pretty clear when I said IF they kept everyone(which I don't think they'll do as backup AA's tend to transfer like Beard)...and in several years and then you moved the goalposts to next year.
And going back and reading my posts, it's kinda obnoxious how many times I've listed their recruits. But lets just start with take 84/97. You could have the Mirasola brothers or you could have Barr and Ryder(who is skipping his Sr year to train with the NLWC). Whoever are the backups there. They could be AAs.
'25/'33-Nagao/Lillendahl/Gibson/Nasdeo/Wetzel/Brock Weiss Whoever is the backup there in a couple years
'49-'65-Kasak/Van Ness/Erik Gibson/Messenbrink/Haines/Facundo/Sealy

And I'm missing so many guys and this is silly. But there, I put up. Take pick a starter and then there are 2-3 guys at each spot who's not even there yet in most cases who could end up AAs. And it's not like it's a reach since there are weights with multiple World Medalists or Freshmen AAs.
There you go again! I don't see a bunch of backups whether or not they were former medalists like Braxon Amos or James Rowley, being a podium team.  And you admit if they are good enough to AA they will likely transfer (and I agree with that, which is where you have moved your goalposts).  I'd say its close to zero percent chance that PSU's backups could finish top 5 in the AAs.  Guys want to start and other schools like Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State are viable alternatives.  Plus, there are a significant number of age level medalists that never AA or high AA in college and Wisconsin has had a couple of these guys and because your hypothetical team is comprised of backups, they are even more likely to not AA than the typical medalist.

whatever

Can you posters please stop using the "QUOTE"box when you post a reply?  I ain't got that much time to waste scrolling endlessly to get to your actual new comments.

Plus my eyes are about to fall out of my head when I see all the vertical lines while scrolling on my phone.

Thanks in advance.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

Vir Fortis

Quote from: BadgerOne on August 15, 2023, 09:03:42 AMThere you go again! I don't see a bunch of backups whether or not they were former medalists like Braxon Amos or James Rowley, being a podium team.  And you admit if they are good enough to AA they will likely transfer (and I agree with that, which is where you have moved your goalposts).  I'd say its close to zero percent chance that PSU's backups could finish top 5 in the AAs.  Guys want to start and other schools like Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State are viable alternatives.  Plus, there are a significant number of age level medalists that never AA or high AA in college and Wisconsin has had a couple of these guys and because your hypothetical team is comprised of backups, they are even more likely to not AA than the typical medalist.

I did? Don't think so. I think I said there's every chance they could lose to ANOTHER Word Champ or Medalist and then transfer because they're behind a NC or AA.

But I also gotta say I'm just all not that interested in what you can or cannot see.

It's not like there's a History of this with PSU. Bubba Jenkins DEFINITELY didn't take a 2nd, then transfer because PSU was loaded at 149/57/65 and Wrestle another Penn State kid in the finals or Beard didn't just take a 7th and then have Dean recruited over him.

I guess you could keep going on about it or we could just...ya know, see what happens?

BadgerOne

Quote from: Vir Fortis on September 02, 2023, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on August 15, 2023, 09:03:42 AMThere you go again! I don't see a bunch of backups whether or not they were former medalists like Braxon Amos or James Rowley, being a podium team.  And you admit if they are good enough to AA they will likely transfer (and I agree with that, which is where you have moved your goalposts).  I'd say its close to zero percent chance that PSU's backups could finish top 5 in the AAs.  Guys want to start and other schools like Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State are viable alternatives.  Plus, there are a significant number of age level medalists that never AA or high AA in college and Wisconsin has had a couple of these guys and because your hypothetical team is comprised of backups, they are even more likely to not AA than the typical medalist.

I did? Don't think so. I think I said there's every chance they could lose to ANOTHER Word Champ or Medalist and then transfer because they're behind a NC or AA.

But I also gotta say I'm just all not that interested in what you can or cannot see.

It's not like there's a History of this with PSU. Bubba Jenkins DEFINITELY didn't take a 2nd, then transfer because PSU was loaded at 149/57/65 and Wrestle another Penn State kid in the finals or Beard didn't just take a 7th and then have Dean recruited over him.

I guess you could keep going on about it or we could just...ya know, see what happens?

You started this rant about PSU backups, so you are the one going on about it, and I've just responded to it.  I couldn't care less if you are interested or not in what I see, though I don't think I used that term.  Likewise, I am not interested in what you see.  But it's an open board and you have right to state your opinions just as I have right to state mine, whether anybody cares or not.

Ghetto

So. Angelo Ferrari.

Thoughts?
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

leg turk

imwi

He went to Iowa, saw him wrestle the other night with Iowa guys in his corner. ;D

Ghetto

Quote from: leg turk on September 04, 2023, 03:39:32 PMWhat about him?

The title of this thread is Angelo Ferrari.

I thought he looked good at Who's Number One. His dad looks like he could rip a person in half if he wanted to.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove