Do you buy the season tickets?

Started by leg turk, August 26, 2023, 07:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

npope

Quote from: littleguy301 on September 09, 2023, 02:41:49 AM
Quote from: npope on September 07, 2023, 03:13:38 PMI love the consistent support you guys show for the program - not much respect for fair-weather fans.

Please explain what you mean with fair weather fans?

Giving a honest opinion about the program or just bashing the program. Please explain.

By definition, a fair-weather fan is "A fan who only pays attention to their favorite team when they are performing well." Or possibly one who dismisses and/or diminishes a given team/players/coaches when things aren't going well. That certainly doesn't mean that one has always wear an "Ollie Optimist" face when discussing a given favored-team, but there are those among the posters who have readily demonstrated a willingness to focus on the negatives of the team/coach/competitor, whether real or imagined, when things aren't going as well as the poster might hope. Objective criticism is fair and to be expected on the part of a sincere fan; fan-support does not come without a right to voice an opinion. That said, one doesn't have to look too far to find a couple of posters who are all too willing to look for the negatives and avoid acknowledging a program's positives - we have all seen them on this forum. There aren't a lot of them, but we do see them - and those are the people to whom I was referring.

Dave, I suspect the reason you raise this issue is because you suspect that I might be referring to people such as yourself in my blanket statement. To be honest, I have never seen you to reside in that negative camp - you always seem to have insightful, fair points to make both positive (usually) and sometimes critical.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on September 08, 2023, 08:14:52 PMHas anyone gotten anything regarding tickets?
Nothing yet, it will likely be in the next week or two though!!

Grapl

I haven't seen anything yet......glad to see that I'm not the only one that thought I missed something.   ::)

Van

Do matsides ever go back up for sale? Or are they typically renewed every year??

kabrvi

Quote from: Van on September 11, 2023, 10:33:25 AMDo matsides ever go back up for sale? Or are they typically renewed every year??

My mat side seats and reserved seats come up as an opportunity for me to renew every year. I can't speak to complete certainty on it. But, I would guess they're just like any other season-ticket, you only lose them if you do not renew them.

littleguy301

Quote from: npope on September 09, 2023, 06:36:09 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on September 09, 2023, 02:41:49 AM
Quote from: npope on September 07, 2023, 03:13:38 PMI love the consistent support you guys show for the program - not much respect for fair-weather fans.

Please explain what you mean with fair weather fans?

Giving a honest opinion about the program or just bashing the program. Please explain.

By definition, a fair-weather fan is "A fan who only pays attention to their favorite team when they are performing well." Or possibly one who dismisses and/or diminishes a given team/players/coaches when things aren't going well. That certainly doesn't mean that one has always wear an "Ollie Optimist" face when discussing a given favored-team, but there are those among the posters who have readily demonstrated a willingness to focus on the negatives of the team/coach/competitor, whether real or imagined, when things aren't going as well as the poster might hope. Objective criticism is fair and to be expected on the part of a sincere fan; fan-support does not come without a right to voice an opinion. That said, one doesn't have to look too far to find a couple of posters who are all too willing to look for the negatives and avoid acknowledging a program's positives - we have all seen them on this forum. There aren't a lot of them, but we do see them - and those are the people to whom I was referring.

Dave, I suspect the reason you raise this issue is because you suspect that I might be referring to people such as yourself in my blanket statement. To be honest, I have never seen you to reside in that negative camp - you always seem to have insightful, fair points to make both positive (usually) and sometimes critical.

I wasn't tefering to me. There is a difference and mny people have their own idea. I asked to to explain because then people can give a fairer opinion to your answer.

In today's world, blanket statements have legs of their own.

No harm to me, I know where I stand. Been watching the Badgers since Kemp and the Jordan's. Maybe not the rah rah guy but just want to see the program get a fair shake and devolpe quaility wrestlers.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

kabrvi

Quote from: Grapl on September 11, 2023, 10:31:51 AMI haven't seen anything yet......glad to see that I'm not the only one that thought I missed something.   ::)
Just spoke with the ticket office and they said people with season tickets will receive an email sometime in the first week or second week of October providing an opportunity to re-purchase whatever you've already have.  So, I just watch your emails.

Grapl

Is it just me or doesn't that seem a little late just prior to the season kicking off?

bigoil

That notice has been historically been sent out in August or September, with no schedule out.

imwi

Last year, I purchased my matside seat on 10/17, not positive what the earliest that I could have bought it though.  The schedule is not out when you purchase the tickets if I remember correctly, so it's a bit of a crap shoot

bigoil

last year was 10/12 for purchasing, can't recall if there was a note sent earlier about keeping tix.

I ordered on 9/8 the year before and I thought I recall even an August request to see if we were keeping tix sometime in the past.

vsmf2010

I received my season ticket email last year on 10/4. Last year the non conference schedule came out on 8/22 and I could not find anything about when the Big Ten schedule came out.

Flo did put out a list of 2023-2024 tournaments but the Badgers are not listed as attending any of them at this point.

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11239752-the-2023-24-ncaa-d1-college-tournament-entry-list

imwi

Quote from: bigoil on September 13, 2023, 12:52:27 PMlast year was 10/12 for purchasing, can't recall if there was a note sent earlier about keeping tix.

I ordered on 9/8 the year before and I thought I recall even an August request to see if we were keeping tix sometime in the past.

You are correct, 8/21/18, 8/9/19, 9/15/21 & 10/17/22 for me the last 5 years (minus the COVID year).

Van

Quote from: kabrvi on September 11, 2023, 06:40:21 PM
Quote from: Van on September 11, 2023, 10:33:25 AMDo matsides ever go back up for sale? Or are they typically renewed every year??

My mat side seats and reserved seats come up as an opportunity for me to renew every year. I can't speak to complete certainty on it. But, I would guess they're just like any other season-ticket, you only lose them if you do not renew them.

So, kind of a naive question, do matside tickets ever become available? And if so, do they use a lottery? Just curious...

vsmf2010

I believe you need to be on the wait list but after that I believe it is prioritized by priority points and giving level. This is from the badgers website regarding wrestling season tickets.

Key Points for New Season Ticket Holders
New season tickets may be requested during the season ticket order period October 4-17. Patrons may request season tickets at any of the following price points:
Matside Reserved | $125
Reserved | $45 (Sections R, E, F and G)
General Admission Adult (age 18+) | $35
General Admission Youth (age 2-17) or Senior (age 55+) | $25

Please note, matside seats are currently sold out. Should matside seats become available for the 2022 season at the conclusion of the order period, the Athletic Ticket office will contact patrons on the waitlist. To learn more, please contact the Athletic Ticket Office at 608-262-1440. To be eligible for new matside seats, patrons must have purchased season tickets for both this upcoming season (2022-23) and the previous season (2021-22).
A credit card number is required to place your request (VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express). Patrons may not submit a request with cash or check. Credit cards will only be charged should a request be filled.

Please note, a $15 processing fee will be added to all season ticket orders. When submitting a request, patrons may select to have their tickets sent via Print-at-Home or Mobile delivery.
Patrons will be notified of the status of their requests in mid-October. If a request is filled, your credit card will automatically be charged.
Patrons requesting reserved season tickets are encouraged to include seating requests. Please keep the following points in mind if you wish to request a seat:
Seating is based on availability, annual giving level and priority points within each giving level.
Seating requests should be placed in the comments box located when ordering online, or may be communicated to the customer service representative when ordering over the phone.

Each request is reviewed by the Athletic Department, but the volume of requests may not make personal consultation feasible. Decisions are based on the best judgment of the Athletic Department. The Athletic Department reserves the right to change any seat assignment without prior notice, thus there are no guarantees.
If you have further questions regarding wrestling season ticket requests, please call the Athletic Ticket office at 800-262-1440
Click here to request new season tickets.