Gomez is done

Started by Harris, May 11, 2023, 05:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WrestlerSB80

WoW, hopefully Dean stays.

Harris

He said he is staying on a podcast last week

mkm13

Wow. The team is going to be pathetic next year.

factfinder

Quote from: mkm13 on May 11, 2023, 10:04:36 PMWow. The team is going to be pathetic next year.
Outside of 5 programs they all will be...

mkm13

Quote from: factfinder on May 12, 2023, 06:19:51 AM
Quote from: mkm13 on May 11, 2023, 10:04:36 PMWow. The team is going to be pathetic next year.
Outside of 5 programs they all will be...

There is some truth to that, but each of those 5 teams can only have 1 wrestler at each weight. There are 8 AA's and 33 qualifiers at each weight.  Currently, assuming both of our AA candidates are healthy, we are looking at 2 likely mid to low AA wrestlers and maybe only 4 guys qualifying for the tournament. 

I would love to know the scholarship breakdown in terms of how much $ is available and which wrestlers they think are deserving of close to full scholarships.

Ghetto

Jesus.

One of the most exciting wrestlers to put the Badger singlet on in many years, maybe ever, is leaving to pursue his freestyle career and the narrative can't be about anything but the worn down topics that we beat to a pulp daily?

Austin Gomez was a point scoring machine. I've never seen a wrestler less afraid to attack than him.  His match at NCAAs vs VA Tech (Andonian) was one of the best matches I've watched live. He was worth the price of admission every time he wrestled.

I was hoping for one more year. Disappointed that he didn't stay.

Thanks for your time in Madison, Austin. It was a fun ride.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

rjchev141

head57

Bummer. Probably best for him to save whatever bullets he has left in the chamber to make a run at his ultimate goal. Most entertaining UW wrestling that I can remember.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

npope

Quote from: Ghetto on May 12, 2023, 06:59:43 AMJesus.

One of the most exciting wrestlers to put the Badger singlet on in many years, maybe ever, is leaving to pursue his freestyle career and the narrative can't be about anything but the worn down topics that we beat to a pulp daily?

Austin Gomez was a point scoring machine. I've never seen a wrestler less afraid to attack than him.  His match at NCAAs vs VA Tech (Andonian) was one of the best matches I've watched live. He was worth the price of admission every time he wrestled.

I was hoping for one more year. Disappointed that he didn't stay.

Thanks for your time in Madison, Austin. It was a fun ride.

Perfect response
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

PAUL

Disappointing for us Badgers fans as he was so darn fun to watch, but you can't blame a guy following his dreams and doing what he thinks is best to make them come true.   All the best to Austin Gomez!!

wrestlemania

Disappointing to us fans, certainly. But given his injury history and future goals, perfectly logical. B1G champ, All-American, had a darn good career at UW even for as short as it was.