Schedule

Started by fightfightfight, September 11, 2023, 06:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hornbuckleb

Quote from: bigoil on September 22, 2023, 12:53:50 PM
Quote from: crossface21 on September 22, 2023, 09:19:22 AMDisappointing UW won't be attending the showcase. When this started a few years ago was looking forward to them making their way down to this part of the state at some point.
Which D1 team do you think would travel to Kenosha to wrestle?
Teams want to get paid today to travel.

WTH are you saying?  So Drexel was paid by Wisconsin last year and Wisconsin is paying Bucknell this year.  ???  ???

hornbuckleb

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on September 21, 2023, 10:59:00 AMParkside is hosting the Wisconsin Showcase

Parkside is wrestling McKendree and LaCrosse is wrestling Cornell (the small school!)
So the entire team will be wrestling at the MSU open this year?

bigoil

Quote from: hornbuckleb on September 25, 2023, 08:31:29 AM
Quote from: crossface21 on September 22, 2023, 09:19:22 AMDisappointing UW won't be attending the showcase. When this started a few years ago was looking forward to them making their way down to this part of the state at some point.

WTH are you saying?  So Drexel was paid by Wisconsin last year and Wisconsin is paying Bucknell this year.  ???  ???
Helps defray travel costs, some tournaments do the same. I don't know this for a fact but I believe I've read that about other teams and tournaments.

hornbuckleb

Quote from: bigoil on September 25, 2023, 12:10:47 PM
Quote from: hornbuckleb on September 25, 2023, 08:31:29 AM

Helps defray travel costs, some tournaments do the same. I don't know this for a fact but I believe I've read that about other teams and tournaments.

My bad.  I thought the whole point about the Wisconsin Showcase was to alternate the locations between D1, D2 and D3 Wisconsin teams.  Didn't know travel stipends were part of the equation.