Great day to be a Badger!

Started by crossface21, April 20, 2023, 05:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

head57

thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

Harris

Harris

I think this is correct for the new recruits and transfers.  Nice group.

133 Zan Fugitt(Transfer from Oklahoma)
149 Julian George
149 Danny Sheen (Transfer from Indiana)
157 Luke Mechler (Transfer from Oklahoma State)
174 Max Maylor (Transfer from Michigan)
174 Lucas Condon
285 Dylan Russo
184 Wyatt Ingham (Class of 24)

head57

Is Fugitt a transfer? Or just a kid who de-committed from OU and committed to UW. He's a 2023 guy, no?
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

littleguy301

Quote from: Harris on June 08, 2023, 09:11:01 AMLove seeing the Badgers pick up a home grown wrestler from the NW part of the state.
[/quote
Quote from: Harris on June 08, 2023, 09:11:01 AMLove seeing the Badgers pick up a home grown wrestler from the NW part of the state.

AWESOME!

Great family and a kid from NW Wisconsin is joy to my ears and eyes!

Good get for sure!

Also Oklahoma must have a big changing of the guard going on. 2 pretty good recruits coming to Wisconsin that were for wr Oklahoma recruits!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

BadgerOne

Quote from: Harris on June 08, 2023, 06:40:37 PMI think this is correct for the new recruits and transfers.  Nice group.

133 Zan Fugitt(Transfer from Oklahoma)
149 Julian George
149 Danny Sheen (Transfer from Indiana)
157 Luke Mechler (Transfer from Oklahoma State)
174 Max Maylor (Transfer from Michigan)
174 Lucas Condon
285 Dylan Russo
184 Wyatt Ingham (Class of 24)

Not a bad group if you are a mid-major program or aspire to stay out of last place in the Big Ten.  Not really seeing how you can expect a top ten team or a podium team like Bono has hyped he'd bring without any top 25 recruits.  Danny Sheen is not new.  He was on the Badger's roster last year.  Also, Zan Fuggitt is not a transfer, he is a former Oklahoma commit from the class of 2023 like Dylan Russo who switched after OU made a coaching change.  Also, you can add Shane Liegel, Simon Kruse and Royce Nilo to this list.

bjb0501

I agree it would be nice to see a top 10 or top 20 kid in every recruiting class, as they traditionally have a higher success rate then lower or unranked kids, but with the recent recruits/transfers, the staff is now bringing 10 new wrestlers into the program this upcoming season and the projected roster is up to 30 athletes with multiple wrestlers at every weight class. That is positive/refreshing news compared to hearing about kids transferring out and decommitting....I'll take it!

125 Simon Kruse
133 Zan Fugitt
133 Brock Bobzien
149 Julian George
149 Royce Nilo
157 Luke Mechler (Transfer)
174 Max Maylor (Transfer)
174 Lucas Condon
184 Shane Liegel (Transfer)
197/285 Dylan Russo