Academic All-State

Started by dforsythe, March 31, 2023, 03:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dforsythe

The Academic All-State lists have been posted on the WWCA website.  Here is the link: https://www.wwca.org/page/show/7906899-2023-academic-all-state

Congratulations to all the wrestlers that are getting it done on the mat as well as in the classroom.

There were 645 wrestlers with GPA's at or above 3.5 that earned this honor.

Chiefs123

dforsythe

Anyone else having trouble with the link? It is working for me.

imwi

Quote from: dforsythe on April 02, 2023, 11:28:24 AMAnyone else having trouble with the link? It is working for me.

It's requiring a login for me

WWF2410

I am getting invalid access.

dforsythe

Sorry everyone. Didn't click all the right buttons. It should be live now.

imwi

Quote from: dforsythe on April 02, 2023, 03:32:43 PMSorry everyone. Didn't click all the right buttons. It should be live now.

Looks good, thanks

mdbriggs

Just curious:

1.  What is the criteria for making the first team, second team and such.

Plus , the order is not alphabetical so is the list by highest GPA and is there any benefit is making it to State/ placing and such.

Where can I find this info??

dforsythe

Here is the formula.  (GPA X 100) + varsity wins + 5 pts. if state qualifier + bonus points for state placewinner.

1st = 55 pts
2nd = 45 pts
3rd = 35 pts
4th = 25 pts
5th = 15 pts
6th = 5 pts

beastmode

Quote from: mdbriggs on April 03, 2023, 10:36:59 AMJust curious:

1.  What is the criteria for making the first team, second team and such.

Plus , the order is not alphabetical so is the list by highest GPA and is there any benefit is making it to State/ placing and such.

Where can I find this info??

I think the process was a little confusing this year. I know there was a handful of coaches that didn't get their athletes submitted in time due to a technical issue. From what I was told those that were not submitted in time were just given Honorable mention. I see that the 2023 link is no longer available on the website, maybe they are fixing the error.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine