Started by PAUL, March 29, 2023, 06:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Quote from: BadgerOne on April 12, 2023, 06:02:08 PM
Quote from: bigoil on April 12, 2023, 05:01:39 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on April 12, 2023, 03:25:06 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 12, 2023, 01:59:29 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 12, 2023, 11:30:58 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 12, 2023, 08:29:28 AMI'm not throwing my hands in the air.

I just don't see it. "Hey, random billionaire that resides in Wisconsin... I know you never wrestled and in no way have any connection to the sport. Can we have a few million?"

If anyone has access to the dude that owns Menards, maybe I can swing by and talk to him, since I hand him so much money  every year.

Doesn't live to far from me. Road trip?

I'm in.

I'll bring a pile of receipts to show how much I support him.

Corporate sponsorships and private donations have much higher potential than money raised with a few games of cornhole.

Yes because you are privy to understand how much was made at the Cornhole event. This is also more than a fundraising event as the wrestlers and coaches are visiting with members of the community. I think you were off the team by then but maybe not.

What did Bono do with all that cornhole money?

😂

bigoil

Quote from: BadgerOne on April 12, 2023, 06:02:08 PM
Quote from: bigoil on April 12, 2023, 05:01:39 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on April 12, 2023, 03:25:06 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 12, 2023, 01:59:29 PM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 12, 2023, 11:30:58 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on April 12, 2023, 08:29:28 AMI'm not throwing my hands in the air.

I just don't see it. "Hey, random billionaire that resides in Wisconsin... I know you never wrestled and in no way have any connection to the sport. Can we have a few million?"

If anyone has access to the dude that owns Menards, maybe I can swing by and talk to him, since I hand him so much money  every year.

Doesn't live to far from me. Road trip?

I'm in.

I'll bring a pile of receipts to show how much I support him.

Corporate sponsorships and private donations have much higher potential than money raised with a few games of cornhole.

Yes because you are privy to understand how much was made at the Cornhole event. This is also more than a fundraising event as the wrestlers and coaches are visiting with members of the community. I think you were off the team by then but maybe not.

What did Bono do with all that cornhole money?
You seem to think you know what he gives for scholarships so I don't think you need the answers. But it probably went to some prospect you don't seem good enough with your terrific scouting skills.

stbird

I didn't realize Tyler Dow was in the portal.

DocWrestling

Without NIL money you even risk losing the guys you have.  Anyone that is maybe one piece from a national title can swoop in and take a guy like Hamiti away with money.  Especially those juniors and seniors that were already very close to getting their degrees if that is what they want.

It is not about the scholarships anymore.  That is not enough
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Vir Fortis

Quote from: DocWrestling on April 13, 2023, 04:27:32 PMWithout NIL money you even risk losing the guys you have.  Anyone that is maybe one piece from a national title can swoop in and take a guy like Hamiti away with money.  Especially those juniors and seniors that were already very close to getting their degrees if that is what they want.

It is not about the scholarships anymore.  That is not enough

There is no team that is 3 pieces away from winning a NC...especially if Nagao and Messenbrink end up at PSU...but really, even if they don't.

Penn State is building something beyond what Iowa had in '83 or during that stretch.

The facilities...they're incredible(up there with OSU and Iowa).

But the RTC with the best talent and the money to help kids. They don't have a ton of NIL used to recruit kids there, but once they're there and have success...

It's gonna take guys like Hopke+ others to decide to go elsewhere if they hope to make the NCAAs even...mildly entertaining for the team race. Lillendal, Gibson(both), Ryder, Sealey, MirasolaS, Barr, probably the Bassett brothers and the cousins. Kasak.

The NLWC is huge.
The facilities are also MASSIVE. Ohio State, Iowa and Penn State...anyone that thinks facilities don't matter are delusional. Who wouldn't want to wrestle in that new arena at OSU or at Bryce Jordan/CHA with 15000 people in the stands?

And then the momentum. Hopke is the type of guy you could build a program around. One who could actually change a program. He could do it for Minn or UW. I hope he does. At PSU, he could win 3 NCs, lost a match as a Freshmen and people will debate if he's top 10 or where in the top 10 he ranks for that school.

Army Ant

I bet hopke goes to MN so he can train w Steveson and his pinnacle friends.

BadgerOne

Quote from: Army Ant on April 15, 2023, 05:25:05 PMI bet hopke goes to MN so he can train w Steveson and his pinnacle friends.

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.  I think PSU is a more likely destination.  Minnesota brought in another highly touted heavyweight from Simley in the class of 2023.  I'd think Penn State needs someone to replace Kerk and have the money to keep Kerk as a training partner.  I doubt Gable wants to stay at Minny to train Hopke.  I wouldn't rule out the Badgers either as Hopke has spent quite a bit of time around the Badgers program, the Badgers should have a full ride offer plus should be able to tap into some of that NIL money that has been accumulated with all the fundraising efforts to try and entice him. 

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on April 15, 2023, 07:29:06 PM
Quote from: Army Ant on April 15, 2023, 05:25:05 PMI bet hopke goes to MN so he can train w Steveson and his pinnacle friends.

Maybe, but I wouldn't bet the farm on that.  I think PSU is a more likely destination.  Minnesota brought in another highly touted heavyweight from Simley in the class of 2023.  I'd think Penn State needs someone to replace Kerk and have the money to keep Kerk as a training partner.  I doubt Gable wants to stay at Minny to train Hopke.  I wouldn't rule out the Badgers either as Hopke has spent quite a bit of time around the Badgers program, the Badgers should have a full ride offer plus should be able to tap into some of that NIL money that has been accumulated with all the fundraising efforts to try and entice him. 

That simley kid is going 197. Simley had another kid in 2021 go to MN as a HWT.

Watch the Cayden henshel video with Gable steveson. I think after watching the video you may wonder why hopke would not go to MN. While Gable isn't going to be around all the time I bet one of the past dozen AA in the upper weights will be. Plus look at the level of recruits the gophers are bringing in at the upper weights.

I am a Homer for wisconsin but I belie e MN has more to offer than wisconsin including baseball. I hope am wrong but.....
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ledger

I'm betting Hopke goes to MN and continues the WI legacy in line with the likes of Cole Konrad and Tim Hartung.

bigoil

Quote from: Ledger on April 16, 2023, 02:53:49 PMI'm betting Hopke goes to MN and continues the WI legacy in line with the likes of Cole Konrad and Tim Hartung.
Lowney?

Ledger

Quote from: bigoil on April 16, 2023, 03:20:52 PM
Quote from: Ledger on April 16, 2023, 02:53:49 PMI'm betting Hopke goes to MN and continues the WI legacy in line with the likes of Cole Konrad and Tim Hartung.
Lowney?
Oops

BadgerOne

Quote from: littleguy301 on April 16, 2023, 12:13:49 PM

Watch the Cayden henshel video with Gable steveson. I think after watching the video you may wonder why hopke would not go to MN. While Gable isn't going to be around all the time I bet one of the past dozen AA in the upper weights will be. Plus look at the level of recruits the gophers are bringing in at the upper weights.

I am a Homer for wisconsin but I belie e MN has more to offer than wisconsin including baseball. I hope am wrong but.....

I'm referring to Gavin Nelson, who wrestled at 220 in high school.  I think Minnesota is very much in the hunt for Hopke, but I still give edge to Penn State who probably will be able to outbid Minnesota and may be able to provide better workout partners.  Plus fellow Wisconsinites Mirasolas are there.  I still hope he considers the Badgers, but it may be difficult to beat out both PSU and Minnesota.

littleguy301

Quote from: BadgerOne on April 17, 2023, 01:04:31 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on April 16, 2023, 12:13:49 PM

I'm referring to Gavin Nelson, who wrestled at 220 in high school.  I think Minnesota is very much in the hunt for Hopke, but I still give edge to Penn State who probably will be able to outbid Minnesota and may be able to provide better workout partners.  Plus fellow Wisconsinites Mirasolas are there.  I still hope he considers the Badgers, but it may be difficult to beat out both PSU and Minnesota.

I was also referring to gavin. Tabor was the HWT from 2021 and gavin will be 197 for the gophers.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DocWrestling

Is their room at Penn St for both Mirasolas and Hopke?   That seems like 2 weight classes for 3 Wisconsin guys.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

BadgerOne

Quote from: DocWrestling on April 17, 2023, 10:12:32 AMIs their room at Penn St for both Mirasolas and Hopke?  That seems like 2 weight classes for 3 Wisconsin guys.

Flo projects the Mirasolas at 182 and 195, so maybe there is room for all three.  Cole is not as highly touted as Connor so PSU might be looking at other options at Cole's projected weight.  I definitely think PSU will recruit Hopke hard but Minnesota will be in mix and Wisconsin is more of a third alternative option and it would help if the Badgers can make a strong offer and bring in a heavyweight to train with him.  I don't know if Hilger wants to train at the RTC and/or be a volunteer coach, but if he does that might help the Badger's case.  If Dillan Johnson comes on a football scholarship and wants to give wrestling a go, that might help some too. Even so, PSU and Minnesota are probably co-favorites.