Transfers

Started by PAUL, March 29, 2023, 06:42:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

We should be focusing all our $ on NIL and minimal on the RTC.

bigoil

Quote from: Ghetto on April 08, 2023, 07:50:58 PMI'll give $1000 to the RTC if they land Nagao.

That's probably enough tho. Who else is in on him? That dude had RBY on roller skates in the semis.

By all accounts he is a Nittany lion from Twitter. 

littleguy301

Quote from: bigoil on April 07, 2023, 03:15:51 PMLooking like ncaa wrestling is going to be Michigan (if you buy cliff keen equipment, you are funding that team), Ohio State (if you are buying Rudis you are funding tOSU), Iowa and Penn State (scrap life but not the same degree as PSU has huge $$).

So what are we to buy?

Wait until Nike has their say!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Quote from: mkm13 on April 08, 2023, 08:49:25 PMWe should be focusing all our $ on NIL and minimal on the RTC.

How does one become a part of that? I get what NIL is, but how to participate and help that cause? I thought the university doles out money.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

bigoil

Lots of other headgear, we have one made right here in WI.

Ghetto, you are doing your part, if you want to help more let me know. Universities do not dole out NIL.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: Ghetto on April 09, 2023, 04:42:18 AM
Quote from: mkm13 on April 08, 2023, 08:49:25 PMWe should be focusing all our $ on NIL and minimal on the RTC.

How does one become a part of that? I get what NIL is, but how to participate and help that cause? I thought the university doles out money.

NIL can be doled out via

1) RTC's: A RTC can pay a student athlete directly for being part of the RTC

2) Collectives (like the Varsity Collective for UW but I believe that is only the big 6 sports)

3) Private business's: A private business can give NIL money to a student athlete to be a brand ambassador/sponsor.

I heard on twitter that Nagao was given $100,000 in NIL money (not sure which source of funds) and a full scholarship (and or NIL equivalent) to attend Penn State.

rjchev141

Unfortunately the largest indicator of future team success in college wrestling is a direct correlation to the amount of money the program can raise, which down the line effects the ability to develop the RTC, which down the line effects recruiting.  Team national championships are like fund raising competitions.

factfinder

Quote from: rjchev141 on April 09, 2023, 10:16:15 AMUnfortunately the largest indicator of future team success in college wrestling is a direct correlation to the amount of money the program can raise, which down the line effects the ability to develop the RTC, which down the line effects recruiting.  Team national championships are like fund raising competitions.
It always has!! This is nothing new it's just public now.
College teams have had clubs (cowboy club, Sunkist) before RTC's and summer camp money has been around forever. The main difference now is the money is above and beyond the cost of college.

Fill the stands (not 2500 but 15,000),Big 10 revenues, raise a million a year, 4-5 "paid" sr level athletes, 3 top 25 pound for pound recruits "every" year that you can develop, everyone else comes for free,  2-3 NCAA point earning portal transfers and you can be a top 5 team. Easy formula!!!

Ghetto

Quote from: factfinder on April 09, 2023, 06:52:34 PM
Quote from: rjchev141 on April 09, 2023, 10:16:15 AMUnfortunately the largest indicator of future team success in college wrestling is a direct correlation to the amount of money the program can raise, which down the line effects the ability to develop the RTC, which down the line effects recruiting.  Team national championships are like fund raising competitions.
It always has!! This is nothing new it's just public now.
College teams have had clubs (cowboy club, Sunkist) before RTC's and summer camp money has been around forever. The main difference now is the money is above and beyond the cost of college.

Fill the stands (not 2500 but 15,000),Big 10 revenues, raise a million a year, 4-5 "paid" sr level athletes, 3 top 25 pound for pound recruits "every" year that you can develop, everyone else comes for free,  2-3 NCAA point earning portal transfers and you can be a top 5 team. Easy formula!!!

That sounds easy!!  Let's start with the fundraising.

I know this guy who used to live in WI who is absolutely loaded. I'm gonna hit him up.  ;D

hornbuckleb

Quote from: Ghetto on April 08, 2023, 07:50:58 PMI'll give $1000 to the RTC if they land Nagao.

That's probably enough tho. Who else is in on him? That dude had RBY on roller skates in the semis.

Find 99 more guys every year and maybe

mkm13

In addition to throwing big money at Nagao, PSU also just received a commit from the No. 2 overall ranked 2024 recruit.  They currently have commits from Nos. 1, 2, 4, 8, 12 and 19 on the 2024 Big Board.  Not a bad recruiting class, eh?

The gap in talent between the top teams and us is huge. 

leg turk

Quote from: mkm13 on April 10, 2023, 03:32:10 PMIn addition to throwing big money at Nagao, PSU also just received a commit from the No. 2 overall ranked 2024 recruit.  They currently have commits from Nos. 1, 2, 4, 8, 12 and 19 on the 2024 Big Board.  Not a bad recruiting class, eh?

We need a salary cap.

BadgerOne

Quote from: leg turk on April 10, 2023, 09:01:19 PM
Quote from: mkm13 on April 10, 2023, 03:32:10 PMIn addition to throwing big money at Nagao, PSU also just received a commit from the No. 2 overall ranked 2024 recruit.  They currently have commits from Nos. 1, 2, 4, 8, 12 and 19 on the 2024 Big Board.  Not a bad recruiting class, eh?

We need a salary cap.

Iowa has one billionaire and three major wrestling colleges to tap into that homestate money.  Wisconsin has seven billionaires and one D1 college.  Wisconsin has the instate resources, they just need to tap into it.  Bono is supposed to be a salesman.  He needs to sell the potential wealthy donors on the wrestling program.

factfinder

Most real good kids that go to Penn St do it without any scholarship and try and earn one when they get there.

We need a salary cap.

Ghetto

Quote from: BadgerOne on April 10, 2023, 09:46:17 PM

We need a salary cap.

Iowa has one billionaire and three major wrestling colleges to tap into that homestate money.  Wisconsin has seven billionaires and one D1 college.  Wisconsin has the instate resources, they just need to tap into it.  Bono is supposed to be a salesman.  He needs to sell the potential wealthy donors on the wrestling program.

What's the connection between the billionaires and wrestling? If there is one, then the connections can be made. Just saying there's a billionaire in the state is irrelevant.