3 pt Takedown proposal

Started by crossface21, April 19, 2023, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stbird

Is this in addition to 2 and 4 pt near fall or a replacement?

crossface21

In addition to the 2 and 4 point nearfall.

MNbadger

In 79-80 NAIA
decision(win by 1-7 pts)=3 team points
major decision(win by 8-10 pts)=4 team points
superior decision(win by 12-14 pts)=5 team points
tech fall(15 point differential)=6 team points
fall=6 team points
Still had riding time

TONS of action due to the scoring system.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

Numbers

Hope the tournament first medical forfeit is a loss on record rule includes specifics.

Sounds like the proposal allows an exception if the previous match ended by injury default.  So my question is how long do the coaches/athlete have before injury defaulting? 

1-time clock turns to zero? (And what about end of match challenges)
2-athletes shake hands (I think that is my vote)
3-injured athlete leaves mat
4-injured athlete leaves medical area (after leaving mat with medical staff)
5-another option before next match

I understand not wanting to give a wrestler 2 losses if truly injured the previous match.

Do you award injury default team points to team A after wrestler A just won a match in SV while injured wrestler B tried to gut out a win?  Wrestler B knows he should not continue the tournament right away. 

Maybe the rule exception changes from "injury default" to "loss".  This might still allows Spencer Lee to semifinal loss medical forfeit out without an extra loss (Spencer apparently told coaches right away he was not wrestling the next matches).  This would still prevent the free medical forfeit in championship and third place matches, just not 5th/7th place matches.

How do the fans know the match that just ended was an injury default?  I assume a referee hand signal but maybe a verbal arena announcement (assume verbal match announcements are not NCAA required unless also include a hearing loss accommodation)

bigoil

Lee was pinned, he MFF out.

Amos inj defaulted. Then MFF out.

If this was at the BIG, this year would have been both 1 loss, next year Amos 1 loss, Lee two losses.

Numbers

Quote from: bigoil on April 20, 2023, 07:41:57 AMLee was pinned, he MFF out.

Amos inj defaulted. Then MFF out.

If this was at the BIG, this year would have been both 1 loss, next year Amos 1 loss, Lee two losses.

Good catch on the Lee pin.  What if a wrestler wants to call injury time with 5 seconds left to injury default?  Can the referee deny the request?  Does the wrestler have to do a soccer act and fall over with 5 seconds left, grab his knee and start screaming?

bigoil

I feel like Inj Default isn't broke.