Ferrari to Iowa

Started by BadgerOne, March 22, 2023, 02:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerOne

Anthony Ferrari committed to Iowa.  That sucks! 

leg turk

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2023, 02:25:42 PMAnthony Ferrari committed to Iowa.  That sucks! 
You want him here? No thanks.

vsmf2010

Quote from: leg turk on March 22, 2023, 04:08:43 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2023, 02:25:42 PMAnthony Ferrari committed to Iowa.  That sucks! 

To limit the confusion, he is the 2022 grad who was committed to Ok St. Angelo is the junior that the Badgers have been recruiting. If you search the internet or look on the Iowa forum you will see a screen shot from Travis Mastrogiovanni's phone that will tell you a little about Anthony. It is too graphic for me to post here but I am also 100% on the no thanks wagon. Probably not renew my season tickets if he was coming here.

BadgerOne

I certainly didn't want him at Iowa.  That might lead to two or three Ferraris in Iowa City and power their program.  I'd take Angelo for sure who hasn't had any issues.

BadgerOne

The irony is that Iowa board posters mostly say they didn't want the Ferrari clan til Anthony committed here. Its likely that Angelo follows and possibly AJ too if he is able to get an acquittal. I chuckle at the hypocrisy on that board.  They also bashed Patrick Downey before he came to Iowa and then backed him.  They said same about DeSanto after he tried to injure Micic.  But as soon as all three guys were signed they all said Brands would change them and they deserved a second chance.  Honestly, I'd have mixed feelings about them in Madison, but the Ferraris, if they stay out of trouble, will definitely make a big impact on the mat.  Its a moot issue now.

vsmf2010

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2023, 07:06:11 PM

I certainly didn't want him at Iowa.  That might lead to two or three Ferraris in Iowa City and power their program.  I'd take Angelo for sure who hasn't had any issues.

AJ is hinting on his twitter that there is a big announcement coming so it seems like he could be heading to Iowa as well. I am holding out the shred of hope that Angelo will strike his own path and come to WI regardless of where his brothers go but I am hearing rumblings that he may be attending Iowa City High School for his senior year. It seems likely that the entire road show is heading to town led by Papa Ferrari.

vsmf2010

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2023, 07:14:37 PMThe irony is that Iowa board posters mostly say they didn't want the Ferrari clan til Anthony committed here. Its likely that Angelo follows and possibly AJ too if he is able to get an acquittal. I chuckle at the hypocrisy on that board.  They also bashed Patrick Downey before he came to Iowa and then backed him.  They said same about DeSanto after he tried to injure Micic.  But as soon as all three guys were signed they all said Brands would change them and they deserved a second chance.  Honestly, I'd have mixed feelings about them in Madison, but the Ferraris, if they stay out of trouble, will definitely make a big impact on the mat.  Its a moot issue now.

The Iowa forum is straight up comedy. So much back peddling, revisionist history, hypocrisy etc.. Plus the number of PSU fans that troll on there is some funny s**t! I did see a few posters on the Ferrari string say they did not want Anthony or AJ but mostly it was "T&T will sort them out and whatever we need to do to beat Carl and Pedo State."

They also think every good wrestler is going to transfer there because it is the epicenter of wrestling. They frequently mention, DJ, Keegan and now they have randomly added Tanner Sloan, Nic Bouzakis, Griffith and Pozanski. 

Gutwrench

Is the "Iowa board" the one on Rivals?  Or is there another one?

vsmf2010

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 22, 2023, 04:15:16 PM

To limit the confusion, he is the 2022 grad who was committed to Ok St. Angelo is the junior that the Badgers have been recruiting. If you search the internet or look on the Iowa forum you will see a screen shot from Travis Mastrogiovanni's phone that will tell you a little about Anthony. It is too graphic for me to post here but I am also 100% on the no thanks wagon. Probably not renew my season tickets if he was coming here.

You don't have to make it that graphic.

He shot up their house and was told to kill Mastrogiovanni's dog and "torture" Mastrogiovanni for having...relations with his GF and Sister.

AJ has taken his own video of him pulling out guns from his truck and firing them off and Anthony got a tat with the R's in his name replaced with guns in the midst of all this happening. So...just clownish behavior.

Someone made a bit of a joke about a 5 for 3 deal. AJ, Anthony, Angelo, the DA and a defense attorney. That's what you get.

And AJ is still awaiting trial on a VERY serious sexual assault trial.

Angelo is clean thus far, but these guys have not stayed anywhere very long. They've been to how many High Schools? 6? And lasted a year in Stillwater before AJ nearly killed people driving like an idiot and injuring himself...when he had a chance to be a 5X champ.

Also, is any of this actually official yet? I'd be surprised if even Iowa would go for this, desperate as they are to catch PSU.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 22, 2023, 07:40:37 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2023, 07:14:37 PMThe irony is that Iowa board posters mostly say they didn't want the Ferrari clan til Anthony committed here. Its likely that Angelo follows and possibly AJ too if he is able to get an acquittal. I chuckle at the hypocrisy on that board.  They also bashed Patrick Downey before he came to Iowa and then backed him.  They said same about DeSanto after he tried to injure Micic.  But as soon as all three guys were signed they all said Brands would change them and they deserved a second chance.  Honestly, I'd have mixed feelings about them in Madison, but the Ferraris, if they stay out of trouble, will definitely make a big impact on the mat.  Its a moot issue now.

The Iowa forum is straight up comedy. So much back peddling, revisionist history, hypocrisy etc.. Plus the number of PSU fans that troll on there is some funny s**t! I did see a few posters on the Ferrari string say they did not want Anthony or AJ but mostly it was "T&T will sort them out and whatever we need to do to beat Carl and Pedo State."

They also think every good wrestler is going to transfer there because it is the epicenter of wrestling. They frequently mention, DJ, Keegan and now they have randomly added Tanner Sloan, Nic Bouzakis, Griffith and Pozanski. 

Yes, even after Bouzakis...who has a particularly close bond with Ryan, came out and said he was a Buckeye, he's still going to somehow end up a...Hawkeye.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 23, 2023, 04:49:32 PM

Yes, even after Bouzakis...who has a particularly close bond with Ryan, came out and said he was a Buckeye, he's still going to somehow end up a...Hawkeye.

I saw they just added Vito to the "transfer rumor". Somehow they think he is going to come train with Spencer which is a bit bizarre considering they will likely be 2 of the contenders at 57kg in the next Olympic cycle. 

PAUL

I believe in innocent until proven guilty, but as a fan it would be really difficult to root for these guys.  If I were a coach I like to think that I'd say NO to them, even knowing how much they might help improve my team. 

bigoil

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 23, 2023, 05:55:08 PM

I saw they just added Vito to the "transfer rumor". Somehow they think he is going to come train with Spencer which is a bit bizarre considering they will likely be 2 of the contenders at 57kg in the next Olympic cycle. 
Is his 4 years up at Cornell? That could be legit if so. Not sure he'd go to PSU, Iowa, tOSU or OSU.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 23, 2023, 05:55:08 PM

You'd assume if he's going to transfer anywhere...it'd be Penn State.

He's already stated he only Wrestled College because that's just how it works in the US, it's where the support system is and that his real goal is Freestyle. So you could pick Iowa...and that RTC, or you could pick the NLWC which is obviously vastly superior to any other and slide into the lineup perfectly.

I would be surprised if he left Cornell at this point, but we'll see. Maybe Wisconsin is the place for him!