Next year

Started by leg turk, March 19, 2023, 07:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

What will the lineup be?

wrastle63

Will be interesting to see who redshirts. Barnett, Hamiti, Zargo, and Amos have a redshirt available. I believe Amos and Gomez qualify for Olympic years. 

roughandtough

how bad and what did Amos hurt?

vsmf2010

Quote from: roughandtough on March 20, 2023, 01:22:41 PMhow bad and what did Amos hurt?

Left shoulder injury. Did not look like a dislocation so maybe a separated shoulder/AC joint issue. He was in a lot of pain so I would think he is going to need some time to recover. I would think World team trials in May could be in jeopardy. Major bummer.

dad 2 5

I know when I looked it it did not look good. There will need to be some young guys step up and Bono needs to get a bunch of transfers. Hopefully we don't sink to the 2012 level, just kiddo, it will not be that bad

BadgerOne

Quote from: wrastle63 on March 20, 2023, 01:19:00 PMWill be interesting to see who redshirts. Barnett, Hamiti, Zargo, and Amos have a redshirt available. I believe Amos and Gomez qualify for Olympic years. 

Bono doesn't like redshirting guys, so none of those guys will be redshirted.

bigoil

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2023, 12:39:25 AM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 20, 2023, 01:19:00 PMWill be interesting to see who redshirts. Barnett, Hamiti, Zargo, and Amos have a redshirt available. I believe Amos and Gomez qualify for Olympic years. 

That's just a stupid statement given two of those guys already sat out one year.

BadgerOne

Quote from: bigoil on March 22, 2023, 06:13:37 AM

That's just a stupid statement given two of those guys already sat out one year.

Wow, reading comprehension is not a strong point for you.  I never said "sat out", I said "redshirt".  I guess you are a bit slow, so I'll try to explain this to you.

Bono loves when guys greyshirt (Amos, Zargo, Bobzien as no scholly money is lost) but he hates redshirting guys (scholly money down drain), so if its up to Bono he won't redshirt a guy capable of starting.

bigoil

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2023, 08:09:14 AM

Wow, reading comprehension is not a strong point for you.  I never said "sat out", I said "redshirt".  I guess you are a bit slow, so I'll try to explain this to you.

Bono loves when guys greyshirt (Amos, Zargo, Bobzien as no scholly money is lost) but he hates redshirting guys (scholly money down drain), so if its up to Bono he won't redshirt a guy capable of starting.
Did Rowley sit this year, capable of starting?

BadgerOne

Quote from: bigoil on March 22, 2023, 11:43:29 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 22, 2023, 08:09:14 AM

Did Rowley sit this year, capable of starting?
The initial post was discussing guys that are current starters, so Bono won't want any of them to redshirt.  As for Rowley, he had a couple good wins (Turley, Gaitan) but otherwise was underwhelming and Bono and/or Rowley didn't want shirt removed.

Ghetto

I'll try:

Barnett
Bobzien
Zargo
Gomez
Sheen
Hamiti
Calhoun
Rowley
Amos
Transfer
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrastle63

Quote from: Ghetto on March 22, 2023, 11:08:09 PMI'll try:

Barnett
Bobzien
Zargo
Gomez
Sheen
Hamiti
Calhoun
Rowley
Amos
Transfer
If that's the lineup I'd rather see them redshirt Barnett, Gomez, Hamiti, and Amos and let young guys develop.

dman

Quote from: Ghetto on March 22, 2023, 11:08:09 PMI'll try:

Barnett
Bobzien
Zargo
Gomez
Sheen
Hamiti
Calhoun
Rowley
Amos
Transfer

Heard that Transfer kid is the real deal...   ;D

Numbers

I think Transfer and Amos switch weights.

DocWrestling

I was wondering the same if they move Amos to heavyweight and see if he can do what Davison did
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!