NCAA Session 1

Started by DocWrestling, March 16, 2023, 11:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

Look at what Cornell and Princeton do without being able to give out athletic scholarships plus academic requirements.  Thus they are not limited at all to 9.9 athletic scholarships.  Finding academic scholarship money and NIL money put them ahead or at least even with schools like UW in terms of resources.

Truth is teams with the best donors are going to be the most successful
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Ghetto

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 19, 2023, 11:15:27 AMLook at what Cornell and Princeton do without being able to give out athletic scholarships plus academic requirements.  Thus they are not limited at all to 9.9 athletic scholarships.  Finding academic scholarship money and NIL money put them ahead or at least even with schools like UW in terms of resources.

Truth is teams with the best donors are going to be the most successful

Yep
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

DocWrestling

I would bet Penn St backups are getting more money than some of our starting lineup
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

BadgerOne

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 19, 2023, 02:42:14 PMI would bet Penn St backups are getting more money than some of our starting lineup

I would take the other side of the bet.   Plenty of PA high school studs will take less money to wrestle for Penn State, plus Penn State tries harder than most to get its recruits on academic scholarships and other financial aid.  One of the problems with Wisconsin not being able to recruit well is that top schools usually get a in-state discount as tuition is less for in-state recruits and offer a smaller scholarship.  All those out of state recruits are probably tying up a lot of scholly money for the Badgers.  I think a top five program is a pipe dream unless Bono can recruit the state better and land more elite recruits.  Sorry to be negative, but I don't think the recruiting has been good enough post-Hamiti to even have much chance of being a top ten program, much less a top five podium team.  If Badgers can land Davino and Hopke, I'll change my tune.