NCAA Session III

Started by vsmf2010, March 17, 2023, 09:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestlemania

Congrats to both Hilliger and Hamiti for being All-Americans! Especially Hillger, what a great way to cap a solid career.

honestabe

Quote from: 1Iota on March 17, 2023, 07:52:32 PM
Quote from: bigoil on March 17, 2023, 07:49:55 PM
Quote from: 1Iota on March 17, 2023, 07:37:26 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2023, 07:36:06 PMBarnett and Hamiti each lost due to being outscouted and lacking offensive attacks.  Hamiti only tried a couple half inappropriate term2 arm drag slide bys and Barnett never had any kind of attack.  The one scramble in first period was off of the VT attack.

Both had to wrestle guys scared of them but their gameplan won. 

I 100% agree with this assessment.  Makes me wonder what is going on in the room? 
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2023, 07:36:06 PMBarnett and Hamiti each lost due to being outscouted and lacking offensive attacks.  Hamiti only tried a couple half inappropriate term2 arm drag slide bys and Barnett never had any kind of attack.  The one scramble in first period was off of the VT attack.

Barnett lost because he got turned, allowed the VT kid to choose neutral. That's outwrestled.

Hamiti lost because Amine stalls

Except Barnett then chose neutral and didn't take a shot.  Amine does stall and it should have cost him a point. 

I feel like it has been well known now after 4 years that Barnett does not take many shots.. Hamiti did not lose because Amine "stalls", did he slow his offense down once he had a lead? Of course that is a natural thing that all wrestlers do when they are winning in the 3rd period. Hamiti lost because HE couldn't generate offense. We should stop blaming other people for these losses, we teach our kids to take ownership, not blame the refs or the other guy we're wrestling, It comes off as disingenuous to the guys who found a way to win.

DocWrestling

Nice day with dominating wins for Hamiti after that tough loss this morning.  He is fun to watch.

Brutal quick turnaround for the heavyweights.  Not much rest
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

bigoil

I 100% agree with this assessment.  Makes me wonder what is going on in the room? 

Barnett lost because he got turned, allowed the VT kid to choose neutral. That's outwrestled.

Except Barnett then chose neutral and didn't take a shot.  Amine does stall and it should have cost him a point. 
VT took neutral Barnett chose down in the 2nd.

1Iota

Quote from: bigoil on March 17, 2023, 10:46:50 PM

VT took neutral Barnett chose down in the 2nd.

I missed that. that makes more sense. 

Chinpin

I didn't see Dean's Consolation Semi match with Quincy Monday. Can anyone that saw it report? Thanks.

bigoil

Quote from: Chinpin on March 20, 2023, 11:21:07 AMI didn't see Dean's Consolation Semi match with Quincy Monday. Can anyone that saw it report? Thanks.

If I recall, Q got a late first period TD, I think Dean escaped. In the second, Dean stood up and was put back down into a tilt so down 6-1

vsmf2010

Quote from: bigoil on March 20, 2023, 01:47:10 PM
Quote from: Chinpin on March 20, 2023, 11:21:07 AMI didn't see Dean's Consolation Semi match with Quincy Monday. Can anyone that saw it report? Thanks.

If I recall, Q got a late first period TD, I think Dean escaped. In the second, Dean stood up and was put back down into a tilt so down 6-1

All correct. Made a mistake when coming to his feet and got the arm trapped for a 2 point tilt that was really the difference in the match. Wrestled quite well after that with a 2nd period reversal with a ride out and 2 3rd period takedowns. Way more exchanges than their Midlands match. Definitely feels like a match he can win. Also think if he can force that kind of match on Amine he can win those matches as well.