NCAA Session 1

Started by DocWrestling, March 16, 2023, 11:56:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocWrestling

Barnett looked methodical and never lost position dominating

Lamont was in position for upset but never even took a chance to go after the victory.  Frustrating to see him not just go for it.  Had last minute of regulation and 1+ minutes in sudden victory and did nothing.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

CLC FAN

Zargo... as expected.  Fought but lost by fall.

Gomez looked tough.  Rusty, not his 100 but man, he was letting it fly!  Awesome to get the major.

Model doing Model things.  10-5 over Iowa!

At the halfway point, a very nice round going!

CLC FAN

DJ doing DJ things.  Fall in 1:24

wrastle63

Model with a huge win. That sets him up in a much better spot in the bracket!

DocWrestling

So happy for Model!  Hoping he can keep it going

Harris

Amos out with an injury

TomM

On Flo they mention 'chats'. If these are out there, where do I find them? (clueless here)

Like 'gopher chat'
badger chat
etc.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrestlemania

That was a heck of a first round by UW. About as well as they could have expected. The only bummmer was Amos' injury. Hopefully he can still wrestle this weekend. LaMont too, losing in overtime. Tough breaks.

But everything else went according to plan and Model, man, you knew he had it in him but he's been so up and down throughout his tenure at UW. Let's hope he ends on an up and becomes All-American. That would be wonderful!

Let's keep it going Bucky!

STFM1

wrastle63

Quote from: wrestlemania on March 16, 2023, 03:30:33 PMThat was a heck of a first round by UW. About as well as they could have expected. The only bummmer was Amos' injury. Hopefully he can still wrestle this weekend. LaMont too, losing in overtime. Tough breaks.

But everything else went according to plan and Model, man, you knew he had it in him but he's been so up and down throughout his tenure at UW. Let's hope he ends on an up and becomes All-American. That would be wonderful!

Let's keep it going Bucky!
Worst part for Lamont is now he has Ragusin just to stay alive. If he beat Latona he would have had the 22 seed to make the quarters.

crossface21

Quote from: STFM1 on March 16, 2023, 03:30:56 PMWhat happened to Amos?

No doctor here, but it looked like he either seperated or dislocated his shoulder. When he first hurt it, they did some strength tests and he grimiced quite a bit on the last test and it kind of looked like they said it was up to him. He went back out and the guy got him in an overhook and the match was immediately stopped because he was in such pain, almost like the guy was able to pull it out of the socket. It did not look good when they got him off the mat. He looked like he was hurting considerably.

DocWrestling

I just go back to that Lamont match and what a round it could have been.  He just looks like a guy that was hoping a transfer would rejuvenate his passion for wrestling and has not.  What a great career but he just looks like he wants it to be over.  He has put in a ton of work on the mat over a long time and huge respect for that so don't want it to come across like I am disrespecting him.  My respect for him just wanted that storybook ending with a great last tournament

onwisconsin

Definitely looked like a shoulder dislocation. Unfortunately these commonly require a surgical repair.

crossface21

Amos is done. Already listed as medical defaulting for his wrestleback. That sucks.

dad 2 5

Good first round but sad for Amos