Divisions

Started by dforsythe, March 01, 2023, 05:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dforsythe

Now that the individual state is completed, I thought it was time to post my spreadsheet with the enrollment numbers. Based on what I know, some schools will be shifting. If you have any inside info on new coops or old coops disbanding, please let me know. Or if you know of schools adding wrestling or dropping it. I do know Kettle Moraine Lutheran will be added as a varsity team next year, so they are included.

shorturl.at/nFW01

Van

Are these 3rd Friday count from the current school year?

New School

I heard the New Berlin co-op had successfully built up to over 50 kids this season and will be splitting back into two programs next year.  Anyone confirm?

dforsythe

Quote from: Van on March 02, 2023, 07:52:54 AMAre these 3rd Friday count from the current school year?

Yes

mike

Quote from: New School on March 02, 2023, 10:28:46 AMI heard the New Berlin co-op had successfully built up to over 50 kids this season and will be splitting back into two programs next year.  Anyone confirm?

Co-op teams at the beginning always speak of building back the numbers and eventually splitting back into two separate teams.  Doesn't seem to happen and sadly leaves another school without a wrestling room forever.  It would be interesting to hear actual history on this. 

Raiderfan

I heard that Wausaukee may begin offering wrestling and join a co-op with Crivitz.  Would this bump them to D2?

dforsythe

Quote from: Raiderfan on March 03, 2023, 08:11:51 AMI heard that Wausaukee may begin offering wrestling and join a co-op with Crivitz.  Would this bump them to D2?

Yes. They would be division 2. Then Barron or Oostburg would fall to division 3. I don't know how they decide between 2 teams that have the same enrollment.

dforsythe

I have updated the spreadsheet with the rumored changes. I have added the new coop of Crivitz/Waunaukee and split the coop of New Berlin West and New Berlin Eisenhower. If those changes are true, it really changes things. I'm also not sure how the WIAA handles enrollment ties. Both Barron and Oostburg have 331 students and they are on the cut line between D2 and D3.

shorturl.at/wDEXY

tess5

Thanks for the spreadsheet i did see 1 error in D1 as you left out Beaver Dam.

dforsythe

Quote from: tess5 on March 08, 2023, 12:28:20 PMThanks for the spreadsheet i did see 1 error in D1 as you left out Beaver Dam.

Beaver Dam/Wayland Academy are at 89/88 depending on which list you look at.

Dizzy

New Berlins are not splitting up.