Upgrades

Started by benaskren, February 26, 2023, 07:13:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 28, 2023, 06:36:36 AM
Quote from: ckwrestler on February 28, 2023, 06:24:46 AM
Quote from: NEW_Wrestling on February 27, 2023, 08:55:54 PM
Quote from: bigoil on February 27, 2023, 02:58:36 PMBen is not in this for the money, that may seem like it but a) have you ever gone to a karate class, having property you use for only a few hours a day, is not really ideal and b) he and all their coaches travel with teams, likely out of their own pockets.

I also think Ben would share his 1040, and you'd be very surprised. 😮

I am not interested in his 1040 or what Ben claims he makes...

He is in for money and there is no question about that.

Is it a bad thing if he is in it for the money?  Do we have something against turning a profit on a good product?
Why do we feel it is wrong to make our sport profitable?

Of course not. You should make a profit. I may not present it as altruistic then, but...either way.
Without a profit or even decent salaries, clubs like AWA would just be a splash. They have sustained and grown. Others have come and gone in that time frame. While I am hopeful to see the pipeline from AWA to UW, Ben is NOT in this for the money, he has obviously been fortunate to make money and investments elsewhere. Full time passion with no $ coming his way, much like every HS coach of any sport.

Van

Quote from: NEW_Wrestling on February 27, 2023, 08:58:11 PM
Quote from: bulldog on February 27, 2023, 03:37:13 PM
Quote from: NEW_Wrestling on February 27, 2023, 01:57:38 PM
Quote from: benaskren on February 27, 2023, 01:28:03 PM
Quote from: NEW_Wrestling on February 27, 2023, 10:05:06 AMBen,

The best upgrade would be for you to go to another state and embarrass them. You are the worst thing to happen to Wisconsin Wrestling ever.

As soon as more wrestlers get to know Nazar you will go under.

I am also waiting for the WIAA to investigate your scholarship offerings to the better wrestlers in the state.

But I guess if you like to cheat the system Askren is your choice.

PS:

Don't try to monopolies high school wrestling.

LOL almost too many stupid things in 1 post to reply to but let me make this simple for you....

In 2011 we opened AWA because we wanted to share our passion for wrestling and we believe the sport of wrestling helps kids build good character.  Kids seem to like it and kept showing up, so we opened another and another and another.  We have been able to help a lot of kids find a passion for the sport of wrestling and therefore this has led us to have a lot of success.

The state of Wisconsin has went from 2-3 kids ranked nationally yearly to 10-15, I am not really sure what makes so many of you mad.  We are simply helping a lot of kids find a passion for wrestling and get really good at it. 

We care more about the kids we coach than anonymous knuckleheads so my guess is we will continue to grow and prosper. 

Hope this helps you understand :)

The reason for nationally ranked kids is because of Tom Clark and Nilo taking so many of them to national tournaments. It really has little to do with you.

It is also most obvious you care little about the kids and all about your pocket book.

Simple example is your prices
Another is how you can't help but take credit for those who were great before they ever came to you.

You can't even give credit to those programs that really made these kids.

Sorry Ben but you aren't who you think you are.

I don't know where this suddenly became a "trash Askren" thread but I will jump in. My kids were NOT Askren wrestlers but I can say back in 2012 - 2018 the boys attended Askren camps and I know first hand that any time our boys wanted to get on a mat Ben and Max were more than accommodating. We stuck by our club and will always say that club built a great foundation for our boys but I will also say the Askrens helped give the boys a bit of a new look on the sport and helped build their confidence on the mat. So while some are not fans I would say the exposure does help continue to build the visibility of the sport and I have only seen positive come out of any involvement my boys had with the Askrens.

Quote from: PAUL on February 27, 2023, 07:28:19 PMI would say THANK YOU to Ben and his team, as well as to the other wrestling operations in Wisconsin.  If they make money God Bless them as nobody forces families to send their kids to these places.  Additionally, I'd say it's pretty obvious that the caliber of wrestling in our state is increasing rapidly.  That is a great thing and I'd say it's mostly due to these training programs raising the bar across the board.  Do I wish that more of these kids became Badgers?  Absolutely, it would be tremendous and the buzz all over the state would be amazing.  That being said, kids go where they go for many reasons, and I don't claim to know what goes through the mind of a 17-year old kid and/or his family.  These are complicated and life changing decisions, and while there are other factors involved I'd say Wisconsin (and pretty much every other program for that matter) needs to focus on selling their program and doing whatever it can (within the rules) to attract these talented kids to their teams.  Viva, Ben and On Wisconsin!

I know people will always come to Ben's aid.

Truth is I will thank any other club owner in the state just not Ben.

How about this...put your name on this instead of hiding. It is clear you don't know Ben...and just take the bait on a message board.

I won't grandstand here, but, bro stop commenting on things you don't know about.

Dale Van Keuren - Proud parent of an AWA wrestler since he was 5 (now 12)

dman

Quote from: Van on February 28, 2023, 08:18:57 AM

The best upgrade would be for you to go to another state and embarrass them. You are the worst thing to happen to Wisconsin Wrestling ever.

I am also waiting for the WIAA to investigate your scholarship offerings to the better wrestlers in the state.

PS:

LOL almost too many stupid things in 1 post to reply to but let me make this simple for you....

In 2011 we opened AWA because we wanted to share our passion for wrestling and we believe the sport of wrestling helps kids build good character.  Kids seem to like it and kept showing up, so we opened another and another and another.  We have been able to help a lot of kids find a passion for the sport of wrestling and therefore this has led us to have a lot of success.

The state of Wisconsin has went from 2-3 kids ranked nationally yearly to 10-15, I am not really sure what makes so many of you mad.  We are simply helping a lot of kids find a passion for wrestling and get really good at it. 

We care more about the kids we coach than anonymous knuckleheads so my guess is we will continue to grow and prosper. 

The reason for nationally ranked kids is because of Tom Clark and Nilo taking so many of them to national tournaments. It really has little to do with you.

It is also most obvious you care little about the kids and all about your pocket book.

Another is how you can't help but take credit for those who were great before they ever came to you.

I don't know where this suddenly became a "trash Askren" thread but I will jump in. My kids were NOT Askren wrestlers but I can say back in 2012 - 2018 the boys attended Askren camps and I know first hand that any time our boys wanted to get on a mat Ben and Max were more than accommodating. We stuck by our club and will always say that club built a great foundation for our boys but I will also say the Askrens helped give the boys a bit of a new look on the sport and helped build their confidence on the mat. So while some are not fans I would say the exposure does help continue to build the visibility of the sport and I have only seen positive come out of any involvement my boys had with the Askrens.

Quote from: PAUL on February 27, 2023, 07:28:19 PMI would say THANK YOU to Ben and his team, as well as to the other wrestling operations in Wisconsin.  If they make money God Bless them as nobody forces families to send their kids to these places.  Additionally, I'd say it's pretty obvious that the caliber of wrestling in our state is increasing rapidly.  That is a great thing and I'd say it's mostly due to these training programs raising the bar across the board.  Do I wish that more of these kids became Badgers?  Absolutely, it would be tremendous and the buzz all over the state would be amazing.  That being said, kids go where they go for many reasons, and I don't claim to know what goes through the mind of a 17-year old kid and/or his family.  These are complicated and life changing decisions, and while there are other factors involved I'd say Wisconsin (and pretty much every other program for that matter) needs to focus on selling their program and doing whatever it can (within the rules) to attract these talented kids to their teams.  Viva, Ben and On Wisconsin!

How about this...put your name on this instead of hiding. It is clear you don't know Ben...and just take the bait on a message board.

I won't grandstand here, but, bro stop commenting on things you don't know about.

Dale Van Keuren - Proud parent of an AWA wrestler since he was 5 (now 12)

Perfet post!  Good luck to your son!

miltonfan#1

PS:

LOL One of Bens Boys must have taken yours out ...
I dont mean to be mean but thats all i can be                                      ymcmb

ClipperRedDevilHornetRedBird

God bless capitalism, our Republic, and Ben!  Mine does not go to Ben's academy, but since Ben knows who to put in those academies my son is very blessed!

Be thankful your kid has an opportunity go elsewhere if you don't like their process!

I for one see and understand their process, and am very impressed on the ROI! 

Might do you good to check results before spouting off like you did.  I'm thinking you missed a key point along the way... But you are free to your opinion...

crossface21

How about we return the focus of the thread on what everyone wants-some improvements to make the best State Tournament in the country even better.

Lets leave the debate on Ben Askren, AWA, etc. for other threads. I think it's ok for Askren to start a thread without it turning into an attack on him whether you like him or not.

NEW_Wrestling

Quote from: RedBuzz on February 28, 2023, 02:30:51 PMGod bless capitalism, our Republic, and Ben!  Mine does not go to Ben's academy, but since Ben knows who to put in those academies my son is very blessed!

Be thankful your kid has an opportunity go elsewhere if you don't like their process!

Might do you good to check results before spouting off like you did.  I'm thinking you missed a key point along the way... But you are free to your opinion...

Is it worth breaking wiaa rules?

My kids are done. This ain't about me other than he is embarrassing Wi.

I said what I wanted to say.

He won't pay for what he does... The kids will.

MatScoutWillie

PS:

You must be one of the dumbest humans alive to make that comment. 

Just stop sparky.

Van

Quote from: NEW_Wrestling on February 28, 2023, 06:21:47 PM
Quote from: RedBuzz on February 28, 2023, 02:30:51 PMGod bless capitalism, our Republic, and Ben!  Mine does not go to Ben's academy, but since Ben knows who to put in those academies my son is very blessed!

Is it worth breaking wiaa rules?

My kids are done. This ain't about me other than he is embarrassing Wi.

I said what I wanted to say.

He won't pay for what he does... The kids will.