In Arena Announcer

Started by benaskren, February 24, 2023, 09:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike

Hire the guy who's been announcing Bayport's "battle of the bay" for a long time
Does incredible job

MatScoutWillie

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Vir Fortis

QuoteSometimes it feels as though lots of you forum patrons just want something to whine about.  I mean all of the largest threads are always whining about something(forfiets, switching weight classes, loaded regionals, etc).  So yes I stand by more original statement that some of you should cry more. 

Yeah, sure does feel that way sometimes. People just want something to whine about.

npope

Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 26, 2023, 07:45:24 PM
QuoteSometimes it feels as though lots of you forum patrons just want something to whine about.  I mean all of the largest threads are always whining about something(forfiets, switching weight classes, loaded regionals, etc).  So yes I stand by more original statement that some of you should cry more. 

Yeah, sure does feel that way sometimes. People just want something to whine about.

Or discuss...on a discussion forum...
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Vir Fortis

Quote from: npope on February 26, 2023, 07:54:09 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 26, 2023, 07:45:24 PM

Or discuss...on a discussion forum...

Now that's another perspective. If you're going to take a position on voicing your displeasure about a certain issue, just be consistent. If it's somehow tangentially related to you it's "cry more," and how people are just searching about things to whine about.

Just observing a little hypocrisy, that's all.

npope

Hypocrisy? That was my first post on this thread.

Personally, I think Askren has a right to his own opinions and his contributions to the forum keep things interesting. Now, if you are ascribing what I said to someone else's posts, then that's your business, but they didn't write my post - I did.

Personally, I think this place would be pretty dead if everyone agreed - I like some posts to stir things up. That said, I do think some folks are "lost in the woods," but that's okay...keeps me coming back.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Ghetto

Quote from: npope on February 26, 2023, 08:39:53 PMHypocrisy? That was my first post on this thread.

Personally, I think Askren has a right to his own opinions and his contributions to the forum keep things interesting. Now, if you are ascribing what I said to someone else's posts, then that's your business, but they didn't write my post - I did.

Personally, I think this place would be pretty dead if everyone agreed - I like some posts to stir things up. That said, I do think some folks are "lost in the woods," but that's okay...keeps me coming back.

He wasn't referring to you
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrestlemania

So you're saying he announces like you box?

Vir Fortis

Quote from: Ghetto on February 26, 2023, 09:22:32 PM
Quote from: npope on February 26, 2023, 08:39:53 PMHypocrisy? That was my first post on this thread.

He wasn't referring to you

Correct. My apologies if that wasn't clear. That was a quote from another thread. The "rumors" thread about Wrestler's going different weights. I was not calling npope a hypocrite.

ClipperRedDevilHornetRedBird

LOL... Couldn't pronounce Bianchi or other very common state names correctly, but nailed Alois Schlumpf everytime!  They should print him a "name sounds like" bracket to work off of...

Coach V

He was struggling-" winner on mat 2- Wyatt Duchamabateau" :) and then he said-" correction, winner on Mat 2- Wayne Duchateau" :) Got it wrong both times. I announce football games, and some are not easy. As coaches we usually go tell them, but they have to remember also. Not an easy gig but has a great voice for it.
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

Vir Fortis

Quote from: Coach V on February 27, 2023, 11:03:28 AMHe was struggling-" winner on mat 2- Wyatt Duchamabateau" :) and then he said-" correction, winner on Mat 2- Wayne Duchateau" :) Got it wrong both times. I announce football games, and some are not easy. As coaches we usually go tell them, but they have to remember also. Not an easy gig but has a great voice for it.

Not everyone is like the couple that did the D1s, Fargo and every large tournament for years. They were impeccable. Nailed just about every name, did a great job alerting you to big matches. They were like the Michael Buffer of announcing Wrestling results. Always perfect.

The women still does it, but I think the guy she used to do it with is no longer involved. I thought he may have passed, but I shouldn't throw that out there without being positive.

Everyone knows their voices, but I don't recall the names.

dman

Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 27, 2023, 11:10:42 AM
Quote from: Coach V on February 27, 2023, 11:03:28 AMHe was struggling-" winner on mat 2- Wyatt Duchamabateau" :) and then he said-" correction, winner on Mat 2- Wayne Duchateau" :) Got it wrong both times. I announce football games, and some are not easy. As coaches we usually go tell them, but they have to remember also. Not an easy gig but has a great voice for it.

Not everyone is like the couple that did the D1s, Fargo and every large tournament for years. They were impeccable. Nailed just about every name, did a great job alerting you to big matches. They were like the Michael Buffer of announcing Wrestling results. Always perfect.

The women still does it, but I think the guy she used to do it with is no longer involved. I thought he may have passed, but I shouldn't throw that out there without being positive.

She was/is aweseome!  I think her name is Sandy??

Vir Fortis

Quote from: dman on February 27, 2023, 01:28:11 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 27, 2023, 11:10:42 AM

She was/is aweseome!  I think her name is Sandy??

Yes, that's it. Sandy Stevens. Ed Aliverti was the guy who used to do it with her. He did pass away back in 2010.

They both great and ran the tournaments seamlessly. Her voice really stood out though. I don't think she does the D1s anymore, does she? I'm trying to go back, I think I've heard here doing other tournaments, but I could be wrong.