Watch/Stream Indv State

Started by Ottballs, February 22, 2023, 03:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bummy5

Quote from: Kyle Reeve on February 24, 2023, 07:57:10 AM
Quote from: Kwishoff on February 23, 2023, 03:30:36 PMI can't stand nfhs.  Commercials, delay, bad sound etc
I agree, it is terrible. I couldn't even look at my phone or track for fear of knowing results before match was over. They were 5 minutes behind at least on some mats..
Glad to see all of these comments about NFHS. Can't imagine a worse viewing experience. Bad angles, can hardly make out the wrestlers. Switching between mats is cumbersome and often just locks up in buffering mode. And having to watch an ad every time you switch mats. It really is unbelievable the WIAA would approve something like this. It is borderline unwatchable.

Kyle Reeve

So are they not broadcasting finals on FSN or whatever the fox sports is now??

I see the WIAA website says watch live and schedule shows semis and finals.

It will be a bummer if folks have to watch finals on this website.

bigoil

This is awful, use track to find the mat but the lag is two periods almost, so don't look back at track.

mike

Quote from: bigoil on February 24, 2023, 12:14:14 PMThis is awful, use track to find the mat but the lag is two periods almost, so don't look back at track.

The delay is the worst part, otherwise the stream is decent
The camera angle could be better but I'd be willing to bet they were limited as to how they could setup

Overall score B-

bigoil

Quote from: mike on February 24, 2023, 02:11:17 PM
Quote from: bigoil on February 24, 2023, 12:14:14 PMThis is awful, use track to find the mat but the lag is two periods almost, so don't look back at track.

The delay is the worst part, otherwise the stream is decent
The camera angle could be better but I'd be willing to bet they were limited as to how they could setup

Overall score B-
That's generous....you have to have multiple screens up to get ahead of the commercials too

mtnman

Do people really have to watch ads every time they switch mats? I haven't had to watch an ad since the first time I watched yesterday. The angle could be better as the lighting in the background distorts the wrestlers somewhat.

The biggest issue is how far they are behind. I don't understand it either as other events I have watched on NFHS are closer to a minute behind rather than the 4-5 minutes it's been every year they've done state.

bigoil

Quote from: mtnman on February 24, 2023, 02:38:31 PMDo people really have to watch ads every time they switch mats? I haven't had to watch an ad since the first time I watched yesterday. The angle could be better as the lighting in the background distorts the wrestlers somewhat.

The biggest issue is how far they are behind. I don't understand it either as other events I have watched on NFHS are closer to a minute behind rather than the 4-5 minutes it's been every year they've done state.
If you have a way to not start over, and avoid the ad let us know. I watch NFHS for my nephew playing basketball and if our connection every goes out and it starts over with an ad.

mtnman

Quote from: bigoil on February 24, 2023, 02:41:08 PM
Quote from: mtnman on February 24, 2023, 02:38:31 PMDo people really have to watch ads every time they switch mats? I haven't had to watch an ad since the first time I watched yesterday. The angle could be better as the lighting in the background distorts the wrestlers somewhat.

If you have a way to not start over, and avoid the ad let us know. I watch NFHS for my nephew playing basketball and if our connection every goes out and it starts over with an ad.

I wish I knew what I was doing that got rid of the ads. I watch on my IPad and then cast it to my TV. It lets me go back and forth between mats without having to watch an ad again.

If you're using a computer I would recommend trying an ad blocker(just Google ad blocker.) Otherwise, I am unsure as to why I don't have the same issue.

mike

WiWrestle You need to get the rights and give us a better product!

DocWrestling

My guide shows that the finals will be on Bally's channel tonight
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!