Started by TomM, February 15, 2023, 12:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Vir Fortis

Quote from: TomM on February 15, 2023, 12:30:57 PMNWCA Releases Division III Men's Coaches Regular Season Poll #6

https://www.nwcaonline.com/nwca-releases-division-iii-mens-coaches-regular-season-poll-6/

157 and 197 might not be the most top heavy weights...but there is a lot of parity there. I think there are 10 kids in each who could make the finals without anyone being too shocked.

Lewan(12) and Lee(17) at 157 could Wrestle in the finals. Unlikely, but plausible.
Meanwhile, at 197, the 19th ranked guy took a 6th last year, he's lost to 2(Dean), 4(Beard), 10/11 Allred and Braunagel...and at 20 is a guy who has shown he's capable of beating anyone including Dean in Caffey.

It'd hardly be a shock to see Caffey have a big Tournament and end up in the finals.

Amos and Model are certainly in the mix. Model has been snubbed a bit in these rankings, but I suspect he'll be competitive in the post-season.

I guess all of that is true at HWT with Hillger, but that weight seems a little more defined.

smitty71

Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 18, 2023, 10:10:49 PM
Quote from: TomM on February 15, 2023, 12:30:57 PMNWCA Releases Division III Men's Coaches Regular Season Poll #6

https://www.nwcaonline.com/nwca-releases-division-iii-mens-coaches-regular-season-poll-6/

This is a D3 post...

157 and 197 might not be the most top heavy weights...but there is a lot of parity there. I think there are 10 kids in each who could make the finals without anyone being too shocked.

Lewan(12) and Lee(17) at 157 could Wrestle in the finals. Unlikely, but plausible.
Meanwhile, at 197, the 19th ranked guy took a 6th last year, he's lost to 2(Dean), 4(Beard), 10/11 Allred and Braunagel...and at 20 is a guy who has shown he's capable of beating anyone including Dean in Caffey.

It'd hardly be a shock to see Caffey have a big Tournament and end up in the finals.

Amos and Model are certainly in the mix. Model has been snubbed a bit in these rankings, but I suspect he'll be competitive in the post-season.

I guess all of that is true at HWT with Hillger, but that weight seems a little more defined.
What I had I gave, what I saved I lost forever!

Ghetto

Nice that the D3 regional is at Concordia. May make my way over there.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Vir Fortis

Quote from: smitty71 on February 18, 2023, 10:59:01 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on February 18, 2023, 10:10:49 PM

This is a D3 post...

My apologies. I looked at this and then the D1 Rankings(or apparently vice versa) and I guess posted in the wrong spot.