Upsets/best matches

Started by JacobRaschka, February 11, 2023, 12:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobRaschka

Regionals have started what are some matches you guys are looking forward too or any big upsets so far?

rmk12175

Not an upset, but Peters/Herm regional final.  Peters 12-8.

Rat

Belmont/Platteville taking 2nd at the Belleville regional upset maybe? Congrats men first ever trip to team sectional.

WaupuWrestling

Bryce Crowley over Ayden Hart was a mild upset. Crowley wrestled as well as I've seen him wrestle. It will be interesting to see how act 3 goes in the dells.

rmk12175

Jenkins (Kau) over Perkovich (Kimberly) 4-3 utb

Not an upset but Esser over Jenkins in the finals was great too (6-4).

rmk12175

Barry (Kimberly) over Schaufelberger (Neenah) 5-3 in the final was a great match too.

rankwizard

Quote from: Rat on February 12, 2023, 11:38:18 AMBelmont/Platteville taking 2nd at the Belleville regional upset maybe? Congrats men first ever trip to team sectional.

B/P was favored to do so. They are nipping on Evansville's heals if they can bring all their guys

JacobRaschka

So many good matches, here are a few that stick out to me.
#8 Caleb Cady dec #3 Brett Skaug (#1 Ward drops to 145, 152 just got a lot more interesting)
#9 Gage Losiewicz OT #4 Griffin Marko
#2 Ryan Roy MD #1 Peter Kutcha

Excited to see Peters and Herm next week which will be live on rokfin :)

wrestlemania

Amery with all that talent didn't make the team sectionals.

statman

What happened to elizewski from muk
they don't call me statman for nothin

rmk12175

Quote from: statman on February 12, 2023, 03:16:17 PMWhat happened to elizewski from muk

I heard he's out for the season with an injury.

justwrestle

Quote from: rankwizard on February 12, 2023, 12:20:36 PM
Quote from: Rat on February 12, 2023, 11:38:18 AMBelmont/Platteville taking 2nd at the Belleville regional upset maybe? Congrats men first ever trip to team sectional.

B/P was favored to do so. They are nipping on Evansville's heals if they can bring all their guys

With only bringing 12 to regionals, it will be an uphill battle at team sectionals against a full Whitewater team. If they get by them, they will most likely have Evansville, another full team.

MatScoutWillie

Quote from: JacobRaschka on February 12, 2023, 12:42:27 PMSo many good matches, here are a few that stick out to me.
#8 Caleb Cady dec #3 Brett Skaug (#1 Ward drops to 145, 152 just got a lot more interesting)
#9 Gage Losiewicz OT #4 Griffin Marko
#2 Ryan Roy MD #1 Peter Kutcha

Excited to see Peters and Herm next week which will be live on rokfin :)

Ward dropped down to 45?!?!?!?!?!?!  Love it! 

rmk12175

Not an upset, but a great match

Otis (Kimberly) over Lee (Kaukauna) 8-5

Natural Healer

Quote from: wrestlemania on February 12, 2023, 01:31:25 PMAmery with all that talent didn't make the team sectionals.

Medford brought it. Quietly a very tough squad. Should be a fun sectional. St. Croix appeared to have stepped it up another notch. There guys outperformed a lot of their seeds.