Wisconsin Wrestling: Can the Badgers rebound vs Minnesota? - Bucky's 5th Quarter

Started by TomM, February 05, 2023, 12:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

dad 2 5

Going to need EB or Model to bring an upset and Gomez to wrestle. That could give the Badgers a shot. Several times in the past few years WI have wrestled well against MN

Vir Fortis

Quote from: dad 2 5 on February 07, 2023, 07:46:05 PMGoing to need EB or Model to bring an upset and Gomez to wrestle. That could give the Badgers a shot. Several times in the past few years WI have wrestled well against MN

I wouldn't have Gomez doing anything but just working on whatever cardio he can. I have no idea what the issue is, but he looked like he was in pain, he'd been wrestling banged up and he's got very real NC aspirations(I do think he can repeat that early season performance...unlikely though it may be...I don't think he can do it at 80%).

I'd like to see duel wins, but...I honestly don't care all that much. I want to see March results. And not even B1G results, NCAA. Gomez Wrestlers his first B1G match, injury defaults, I'm fine with that as well.

Of course, I'll admit when I'm ignorant and on Gomez injury situation, I'm ignorant and only going off what looked to be a disconcerting injury.

Amos for that matter. He was taking it to Allred, a guy who's really coming on strong and then just did not look the same after it looked like HE suffered a knee injury(maybe ankle). Much less severe, but it looked like it limited him.

I'm sure Gomez has a handle on this team...but I also know that if we lose a match 21-10, fans are going to be freaking out, so Gomez and Amos is very likely/potentially a 12 point swing. So I guess that's for Bono to balance, not me. Especially given...again, I have no idea what I'm talking about with regard to the severity of the injuries.