Great day to be a Badger!

Started by crossface21, December 21, 2022, 10:01:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerOne

Quote from: Vir Fortis on December 31, 2022, 06:17:25 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on December 31, 2022, 03:24:40 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on December 30, 2022, 01:07:24 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on December 28, 2022, 12:42:44 PMI believe Estrada is a 17 year old kid who won a state title in California.  While that may be impressive, I would like to see some quality wins over nationally ranked kids to start drinking the Koolaid.  Given the Bono hype tweet, I wouldn't rule out the kid getting a sizable scholarship.  Hope there is enough money left to land Davino, Hopke and Ferarri if they all decide to come to Madison if they are offered enough money.

You actually go and watch any of his matches, or just go on TrackWrestling?
Also...17? You believe that's his age?

He WON Folkstyle Nationals his Freshmen year. That's not beating enough Nationally ranked kids? His bracket wasn't tough enough? He did dominate it...kinda like the California State Tourney where he went in as the #1 Seed, won by a pin in the 2nd period.

I saw him dominate a Triple Crown Winner at Folkstyle Nationals. Not sure where he's ranked on flow, so...might not count.

::)  ::)

Man, you have to be limber with all this nonsense stretching.

Despite the name, that is not a big-time tournament compared to Fargo, Super 32, Ironman etc.  How many guys in Estrada's bracket did he beat that are ranked in Flo's National High School rankings?  If the answer is anything but ZERO, please share the names and where they are ranked.

LOL...he beat several guys getting scholarships to multiple schools, but I guess if it's not in the Trackwrestling "Big Wins" list, then it doesn't count, right!

God are you petty! Move on to Cal Poly already! You guys are there. That's your school. Why do you still care about taking these petty, ridiculous shots at EVERY Badger recruit?

But sure, winning a U16 National Title as a Freshmen="Not as impressive as it sounds."

By the way, if he entered an open right now, majored Levi Haines, would it matter? Are you so objectively spiteful that you'd find a reason to just whine more and more? This has gotten comical to me. Taking shots at High School kids. Not because of what you DO know...but because of what you claim you're worried about, but you DON'T actually know.

Like...dude, enough already.

The only one making personal attacks is you and I feel no need to respond to your ridiculous comments.  I'm just a wrestling fan.  Wisconsin should be going after some big fish with all that money they have available for the 2024 class.  I want to see the Badgers be more than a middling Big Ten program.  Time to get some hammers!

Vir Fortis

Quote from: BadgerOne on January 02, 2023, 12:27:34 PMThe only one making personal attacks is you and I feel no need to respond to your ridiculous comments.  I'm just a wrestling fan.  Wisconsin should be going after some big fish with all that money they have available for the 2024 class.  I want to see the Badgers be more than a middling Big Ten program.  Time to get some hammers!

So we're not just going with, "nuh-uh, you are?"

This is your whole schtick. Bono announces a recruit, you whine about what might, maybe have happened and then you start to try and pick apart the High School KIDS resume. Cali State Champ as a Soph, and Folkstyle National Champ? Eh, not impressed(and that's about the kindest you've been toward a Badgers recruit).

Also, side note, what would YOU like Bono to say? Do you want him to qualify his Tweets when they get a recruit?

Bad day to be a Badger?
Mediocre Day to be a Badger?
Decent Day to be a Badger?
Could be a better day to be a Badger?
Very good but don't wanna make BadgerOne worried too about how much money we may or may not have given this recruit-Day to be a Badger?

Lets workshop this. How CAN Bono announce a future member of the Badgers without drawing your ire?

onwisconsin

Danny Sheen.  Looks like a transfer from IU.  Former junior freestyle national champ.

PAUL

I think it's awesome when we get the signal that "It's a great day to be a Badger" (GDTBAB).  True, some are more "great" than others, but all things considered I think it's always good to have news like this.  I know that there are rankings and blah, blah, blah, but we truly never know which of these may have an enormous impact down the line.  Along these lines, it would be interesting to go back and see some of the GDTBAB comments made after guys like Gomez or Hamiti announced they were joining Wisconsin. 

Coach V

Danny Sheen and Miguel Estrada= LETSGO!!!
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

Vir Fortis

Quote from: PAUL on January 09, 2023, 06:07:15 PMI think it's awesome when we get the signal that "It's a great day to be a Badger" (GDTBAB).  True, some are more "great" than others, but all things considered I think it's always good to have news like this.  I know that there are rankings and blah, blah, blah, but we truly never know which of these may have an enormous impact down the line.  Along these lines, it would be interesting to go back and see some of the GDTBAB comments made after guys like Gomez or Hamiti announced they were joining Wisconsin. 

I don't know, I just hope they're not wasting too much money on those two...after all, what's Hamiti even done? He's only scored points ONCE at the D1s. One time and we're hyping this kid up? I don't know, I prefer to see more ;D

I will skewer Bono and this program until and unless they get the exact 3 athletes I've deemed worthy!

(I do REALLY want to see Hopke in particular, then Davino and Ferrai).

In all seriousness, these look like some really-really nice moves on the Badgers part. Adding some really nice talent and depth.

Coach V

VF-Hamiti was a was a true freshman at 165, and you're dogging him?? Kids a stud! Come on man!

Ghetto

Quote from: Coach V on January 11, 2023, 07:54:38 AMVF-Hamiti was a was a true freshman at 165, and you're dogging him?? Kids a stud! Come on man!

Your sarcasm meter is broken. Get it checked ASAP.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Coach V

Vir Fortis

Quote from: Ghetto on January 11, 2023, 10:09:42 AM
Quote from: Coach V on January 11, 2023, 07:54:38 AMVF-Hamiti was a was a true freshman at 165, and you're dogging him?? Kids a stud! Come on man!

Your sarcasm meter is broken. Get it checked ASAP.

That it is!

BadgerOne

Saw another "It's a GREAT day to be a Badger!" tweet today by Wisconsin Wrestling.  Wow, I can't wait to find out what all the excitement is about.  Anyone in the know, please tell!  Davino? Hopke? Ferarri?

BuckyMatt

Quote from: BadgerOne on January 15, 2023, 10:21:15 PMSaw another "It's a GREAT day to be a Badger!" tweet today by Wisconsin Wrestling.  Wow, I can't wait to find out what all the excitement is about.  Anyone in the know, please tell!  Davino? Hopke? Ferarri?

If we were in the know, why would we tell you so that you can further disparage High School kids?

Numbers

Quote from: BadgerOne on January 15, 2023, 10:21:15 PMSaw another "It's a GREAT day to be a Badger!" tweet today by Wisconsin Wrestling.  Wow, I can't wait to find out what all the excitement is about.  Anyone in the know, please tell!  Davino? Hopke? Ferarri?

Adding anyone to the team can be exciting.  The tweet was not "It's a GREAT day to be a Badger BadgerOne"

bigoil

It was also not tweeted by Coach Bono, so it is likely not a recruit, just alluding to it was meet day.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: bigoil on January 16, 2023, 01:27:46 PMIt was also not tweeted by Coach Bono, so it is likely not a recruit, just alluding to it was meet day.

Yes, but he retweeted it!  ;D

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf