Battle in the River City 11/5

Started by Harris, November 01, 2022, 04:47:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

I'd say mostly flat, definitely not conditioning, a couple of flukes and also ISU hit them in the mouth literally and figuratively.

Barnett had 2NF disappear from the scoreboard.

LaMont and I forget who else gave 3 TD's in first period both times the third was right at the end of period. Time awareness not the best.

Casey Sw shot and hit zargo in the nose and he bled and bled (zargo did the same later in the match and both guys had wraps on their head).

Hilger got screwed with an unfortunate event. He had the match and was in a stalemate position (each guy hanging onto ankles) and the opponents shoe came off this Hilger losing control and giving up 2 with seconds left.

Gomez just kept going big move after big move and the guy was super strong and they didn't work on him, he will be just fine.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: bigoil on November 06, 2022, 10:44:59 AMI'd say mostly flat, definitely not conditioning, a couple of flukes and also ISU hit them in the mouth literally and figuratively.

LaMont and I forget who else gave 3 TD's in first period both times the third was right at the end of period. Time awareness not the best.

Casey Sw shot and hit zargo in the nose and he bled and bled (zargo did the same later in the match and both guys had wraps on their head).

Hilger got screwed with an unfortunate event. He had the match and was in a stalemate position (each guy hanging onto ankles) and the opponents shoe came off this Hilger losing control and giving up 2 with seconds left.

Gomez just kept going big move after big move and the guy was super strong and they didn't work on him, he will be just fine.

Sounds like there should be a rule change or interpretation is needed. You should not lose because someone's shoe came off.

Should be a 1-point technical violation on the guy whose shoe came off. Improper equipment.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

bigoil

I thought that was a rule, apparently if it was, it no longer is :(.

MNbadger

Quote from: bigoil on November 07, 2022, 04:06:24 PMI thought that was a rule, apparently if it was, it no longer is :(.
It is in high school.  I don't know if it is/was in college.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

imwi

Quote from: bigoil on November 07, 2022, 04:06:24 PMI thought that was a rule, apparently if it was, it no longer is :(.

It was in high school but it no longer is, it's a stalling call.  I'm not sure about college either though. 

asdf

Quote from: bigoil on November 06, 2022, 10:44:59 AMI'd say mostly flat, definitely not conditioning, a couple of flukes and also ISU hit them in the mouth literally and figuratively.

The guy that beat Gomez is Paniro Johnson-I believe Mitchell Mesenbrink beat him in UWW semifinals this summer. He was up 6-8 points until Mitchell game back.  Amazing he is down to 149#.  Great wrestler that will go deep into tourney this year.  Iowa State has a few young, great wrestlers that I think many took for granted, especially in the rankings at least.