Getting closer

Started by shouldvewrestled, October 24, 2022, 03:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shouldvewrestled

Still some conference schools performing well in the football playoffs, good luck to all of them.

Still could start some conversation about the upcoming wrestling season.

Which teams will be the favorites in conference and our area or even state?  I would say BW will be looking strong this year with SCC, Amery, Ells in the mix.

Any new individuals or coaches looking to make their marks?

I know Prescott has a new coach in Ross Wargula, looking to get the program numbers up and build on the returners they have back.

PantherFan152

Kal Gerber a 2-time state champ from Cameron has taken the reigns of the Osceola program. It will be interesting to see what they can do in the coming years with a high KALiber coach at the helm (pun-intended). I suspect it won't be long until they are competing for a conference title.

Wis-Mallard

Good luck to all MBC wrestlers this weekend! Would be great to get multiple MBC teams to team sectionals. Should be a very competitive team race in Neilsville super-regional. Baldwin is the favorite with SCC, NGL, RAW, and Ellsworth all bringing good teams.

Amery, St Croix Falls and Medford look to be the best teams in the Osceola super-regional.

littleguy301

Quote from: PantherFan152 on October 28, 2022, 10:07:13 AMKal Gerber a 2-time state champ from Cameron has taken the reigns of the Osceola program. It will be interesting to see what they can do in the coming years with a high KALiber coach at the helm (pun-intended). I suspect it won't be long until they are competing for a conference title.

Yes he has done a good job in his first year. They have good numbers in the middle school and have some good former wrestlers on staff all the way through their program.

I think you maybe onto something in Osceola.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

For the third year in a row the MBC is getting represented at team state!

Ellsworth did for decades and the MBC fell off a year but with Amery winning 2 straight and BW qualifying this year and some really young MBC teams lurking next year. The MBC is doing alright!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet