Great Day to be a Badger!

Started by bigoil, October 02, 2022, 07:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vir Fortis

Quote from: BadgerOne on October 14, 2022, 11:42:07 PM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on October 13, 2022, 07:32:44 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on October 13, 2022, 08:14:33 AM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on October 13, 2022, 02:56:53 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on October 12, 2022, 04:14:36 PMI would say Rivera is among Bono's best recruits (with Zargo) that wasn't ranked in top 30.  He did win Fargo one year and had a couple nice wins against Jesuroga and Ayala. Its worth noting that he's a year older than Jesuroga. He didn't get much respect from Flo-only 10th at weight and outside top 50 in his class.  While I wouldn't label him a blue chipper, he's a pretty good prospect and if he works hard, hopefully he can AA.

Is it though? He was ranked #1 at his weight class. You've also "noted" that the Badgers will "only" have 1 returning AA...when Dean Hamiti is a Sr.

It seems like you make note of whatever undermines the program.

Yes, because in high school age difference matters.  I'm trying to help some of you understand why Rivera is not ranked that highly by Flo, though I think he still is a good pickup.

He beat the #1 ranked Wrestler at all ages and he beat him soundly while dominating one of the tougher tournaments in the Country. Again, you can diminish it all you want, but it's kinda silly.

But sure...it matters. Then you'd think the Bono and the Badgers would get EXTRA credit from you for having the lone True Fresh AA last year...instead you literally pointed to that as a problem. They "only" have him coming back not the year after next, but I guess the year after that one?

Man, I hope you're stretching with some of these reaches.

That is not true.  I love everything about Dean Hamiti.  He is the team's MVP and fun to watch.  I give Bono credit for recruiting him.  But we need to get some more top ten guys if we want to compete for a podium finish.  I am hoping Braxton Amos makes a big jump this year.  Davino, Hopke and another top 10  or top 20 guy would help replace the guys leaving in next two years.

Yeah, it absolutely is true. It's on the 1st page about 10 posts in. You somehow complained that Hamiti's Sr year, he'll be the "only AA returning," and you WOULD give Bono credit if he were able to land ALL of Wisconsin's top recruits(or other "blue chippers, which your definition of which is not only vague, but tends juuust be outside of Wisconsin's grasp based on Rivera NOT being one).

I'm glad I'm taking up real estate inside your head. I think its hilarious that in your mind to be truthful and realistic makes one a villain. I didn't realize this forum is only for cheerleaders with pom poms. I hope Bono gets a nice recruiting class as he'll need it to be competitive as all the AAs except for Hamiti will be out of eligibility (barring injury).  I'll applaud Bono if he lands all of Hopke, Davino and Sinclair/Mirasola or other bluechippers of that level.

So what's "not true?"
Hamiti WAS their MVP and is fun to watch? Did I accuse you of saying Hamiti wasn't fun to watch?

Jesuroga WASN'T the #1 rated Wrestler?
Rivera didn't beat him soundly?

What part ISN'T true beyond the part that wasn't disputed?

BadgerOne

Quote from: Vir Fortis on October 15, 2022, 12:19:24 AM
Quote from: BadgerOne on October 12, 2022, 04:14:36 PMI would say Rivera is among Bono's best recruits (with Zargo) that wasn't ranked in top 30.  He did win Fargo one year and had a couple nice wins against Jesuroga and Ayala. Its worth noting that he's a year older than Jesuroga. He didn't get much respect from Flo-only 10th at weight and outside top 50 in his class.  While I wouldn't label him a blue chipper, he's a pretty good prospect and if he works hard, hopefully he can AA.

Is it though? He was ranked #1 at his weight class. You've also "noted" that the Badgers will "only" have 1 returning AA...when Dean Hamiti is a Sr.

Yes, because in high school age difference matters.  I'm trying to help some of you understand why Rivera is not ranked that highly by Flo, though I think he still is a good pickup.

He beat the #1 ranked Wrestler at all ages and he beat him soundly while dominating one of the tougher tournaments in the Country. Again, you can diminish it all you want, but it's kinda silly.

But sure...it matters. Then you'd think the Bono and the Badgers would get EXTRA credit from you for having the lone True Fresh AA last year...instead you literally pointed to that as a problem. They "only" have him coming back not the year after next, but I guess the year after that one?

That is not true.  I love everything about Dean Hamiti.  He is the team's MVP and fun to watch.  I give Bono credit for recruiting him.  But we need to get some more top ten guys if we want to compete for a podium finish.  I am hoping Braxton Amos makes a big jump this year.  Davino, Hopke and another top 10  or top 20 guy would help replace the guys leaving in next two years.

Yeah, it absolutely is true. It's on the 1st page about 10 posts in. You somehow complained that Hamiti's Sr year, he'll be the "only AA returning," and you WOULD give Bono credit if he were able to land ALL of Wisconsin's top recruits(or other "blue chippers, which your definition of which is not only vague, but tends juuust be outside of Wisconsin's grasp based on Rivera NOT being one).

I'm glad I'm taking up real estate inside your head. I think its hilarious that in your mind to be truthful and realistic makes one a villain. I didn't realize this forum is only for cheerleaders with pom poms. I hope Bono gets a nice recruiting class as he'll need it to be competitive as all the AAs except for Hamiti will be out of eligibility (barring injury).  I'll applaud Bono if he lands all of Hopke, Davino and Sinclair/Mirasola or other bluechippers of that level.

So what's "not true?"
Hamiti WAS their MVP and is fun to watch? Did I accuse you of saying Hamiti wasn't fun to watch?

Its a waste of my time to address anything your or Deadman says as you twist what I say, take things out of context and ignore other things I posted that don't conveniently fit with your false narratives. I chuckle at the absurd things you both say.  Keep bashing me all you want.  I could care less. 

dman

Quote from: BadgerOne on October 15, 2022, 09:22:21 AM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on October 15, 2022, 12:19:24 AM

So what's "not true?"

Its a waste of my time to address anything your or Deadman says as you twist what I say, take things out of context and ignore other things I posted that don't conveniently fit with your false narratives. I chuckle at the absurd things you both say.  Keep bashing me all you want.  I could care less. 

So if you could care less but choose not to does that mean it actually does bother you?

dad 2 5

so just catching up but bottom line is this has nothing to do with it "being a great day to be Badger" and someone else joining the team? ;D

Vir Fortis

Quote from: dad 2 5 on October 15, 2022, 01:20:22 PMso just catching up but bottom line is this has nothing to do with it "being a great day to be Badger" and someone else joining the team? ;D

It really should be, but...apparently there's too much dispute over what constitutes a "great day," vs a "Meh day."

BadgerOne

Quote from: BuckyMatt on October 03, 2022, 08:14:19 PM
Quote from: heavy9278 on October 03, 2022, 05:49:54 PMLuke Condon out of Poway California just posted his commitment to UW on Instagram

#4 ranked at 170#!
Previously committed to Cal Poly

Now he's ranked 9th, in Flo's new rankings.  It appears he lost 14 matches last season in folkstyle, freestyle and greco combined and he lost two more this past weekend.  He took third in the California HS tourney.  One of the problems with Florankings is that after Fargo in July, they rank based on Fargo placement and pretty much ignore head to head matches.  Sure, Condon placed fourth at Fargo, but better guys didn't show up and placement is a poor way to rank guys as opposed to head-to-head.  His best win appears to be Mulvaney, but he also lost a match to him.  Matt called him a blue chipper, but I don't think Matt knows what a blue chipper is.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: BadgerOne on October 19, 2022, 11:18:14 AM
Quote from: heavy9278 on October 03, 2022, 05:49:54 PMLuke Condon out of Poway California just posted his commitment to UW on Instagram

#4 ranked at 170#!

Now he's ranked 9th, in Flo's new rankings.  It appears he lost 14 matches last season in folkstyle, freestyle and greco combined and he lost two more this past weekend.  He took third in the California HS tourney.  One of the problems with Florankings is that after Fargo in July, they rank based on Fargo placement and pretty much ignore head to head matches.  Sure, Condon placed fourth at Fargo, but better guys didn't show up and placement is a poor way to rank guys as opposed to head-to-head.  His best win appears to be Mulvaney, but he also lost a match to him.  Matt called him a blue chipper, but I don't think Matt knows what a blue chipper is.

If Jon Reader tells me a kid is a hammer and a blue chipper, I trust him way more than some ANONYMOUS guy  on a forum. Jon Reader has forgotten more information about wrestling than you will ever learn.

BadgerOne

Quote from: BuckyMatt on October 19, 2022, 12:17:52 PM

#4 ranked at 170#!

If Jon Reader tells me a kid is a hammer and a blue chipper, I trust him way more than some ANONYMOUS guy  on a forum. Jon Reader has forgotten more information about wrestling than you will ever learn.

Jon obviously is an accomplished wrestler and has the ability to inspire people, but he is also going to talk up his guys and him calling a guy a "blue chipper" or "hammer" sounds like puffery.  Its sort of like Bono saying I really believe we have ten national champions or ten all-americans.  Positive messaging is fine, but lets not confuse that with reality.  While I hope Condon can develop, I don't know how you can ignore the fact he has lost more than a dozen matches last year, including several to unranked guys.

BadgerOne

Quote from: BadgerOne on October 19, 2022, 01:02:16 PM

#4 ranked at 170#!

Jon obviously is an accomplished wrestler and has the ability to inspire people, but he is also going to talk up his guys and him calling a guy a "blue chipper" or "hammer" sounds like puffery.  Its sort of like Bono saying I really believe we have ten national champions or ten all-americans.  Positive messaging is fine, but lets not confuse that with reality.  While I hope Condon can develop, I don't know how you can ignore the fact he has lost more than a dozen matches last year, including several to unranked guys.  My fear is that the way you hype up the guy and claim Jon hypes up the guy, means that the program is tying up substantial scholarship money for the next five years on the guy.  I don't blame any kid for taking a big scholarship, but pouring big money towards non-blue chippers is not the formula that college wrestling powers follow.

BadgerOne

Quote from: BadgerOne on October 19, 2022, 01:10:43 PM

#4 ranked at 170#!

Jon obviously is an accomplished wrestler and has the ability to inspire people, but he is also going to talk up his guys and him calling a guy a "blue chipper" or "hammer" sounds like puffery.  Its sort of like Bono saying I really believe we have ten national champions or ten all-americans.  Positive messaging is fine, but lets not confuse that with reality.  While I hope Condon can develop, I don't know how you can ignore the fact he has lost more than a dozen matches last year, including several to unranked guys.  My fear is that the way you hype up the guy and claim Jon hypes up the guy, means that the program is tying up substantial scholarship money for the next five years on the guy.  I don't blame any kid for taking a big scholarship, but pouring big money towards guys that have lost so many matches, never won a state title, never won Fargo, Beast of the East or major national tourney, nor made a world team, nor are ranked in the top 50 in their high school class is not the formula that college wrestling powers follow.

wrastle63

Quote from: BadgerOne on October 19, 2022, 01:10:43 PM

#4 ranked at 170#!

Jon obviously is an accomplished wrestler and has the ability to inspire people, but he is also going to talk up his guys and him calling a guy a "blue chipper" or "hammer" sounds like puffery.  Its sort of like Bono saying I really believe we have ten national champions or ten all-americans.  Positive messaging is fine, but lets not confuse that with reality.  While I hope Condon can develop, I don't know how you can ignore the fact he has lost more than a dozen matches last year, including several to unranked guys.  My fear is that the way you hype up the guy and claim Jon hypes up the guy, means that the program is tying up substantial scholarship money for the next five years on the guy.  I don't blame any kid for taking a big scholarship, but pouring big money towards non-blue chippers is not the formula that college wrestling powers follow.
Do you know it is substantial scholarship money?

Vir Fortis

#4 ranked at 170#!

It'd be more impressive if he didn't show up to Wrestle at Fargo. Save himself some of those losses.

Also, California's State Tournament is known for being so easy with...all those divisions and the lack of competition.

Finally..."Puffery?" Timely reference there Cagney!

Numbers

How hard should it be for Penn State to find a 125 pounder?  Nick had NCAA success at Rutgers and Michigan after the Penn State fallout.

Wisconsin would not have Barnett at 125 without Bono.  His plan was UNC. 

It is easy to really hyper focus on the imperfections in life without appreciating the big picture.

Coach V

Sounds like BadgerOne wants a job recruiting for the Badgers.
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler