Konitzer Tabbed UW-Oshkosh Head Wrestling Coach

Started by TomM, August 30, 2022, 10:41:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Konitzer Tabbed UW-Oshkosh Head Wrestling Coach

https://wiacsports.com/news/2022/8/30/konitzer-tabbed-uw-oshkosh-head-wrestling-coach.aspx

**Release courtesy of UW-Oshkosh Sports Information

OSHKOSH, Wis.--Aaron Konitzer has been named the new head wrestling coach at University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Assistant Chancellor Athletic Director Darryl Sims announced Monday (August 29) following a national search.

"Aaron possesses a high level of understanding of the sport and an immense dedication to the student-athlete experience," noted Sims. "I am thrilled to welcome Aaron to our staff and to his alma mater."

Konitzer, a 2013 UWO graduate, received a master's in sports administration from St. Cloud State (Minn.) in 2016. While at St. Cloud State, Konitzer served as a graduate assistant and helped to recruit top-10 national wrestling classes (among non-DI schools) and oversaw a monthly newsletter to help inform parents and alumni of the program.

Konitzer has served as a coach at the University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown (Pa.) and at UW-Platteville, including developing strength and conditioning programs.

Konitzer comes to UWO from Fremont School District, where he oversaw the inaugural season of the wrestling program and making trips to the state tournament.

"I am humbled and grateful to be named the next Head Wrestling Coach at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh," said Konitzer. "I want to thank the search committee and our athletic administration, Darryl Sims and Abby Gildernick; for the opportunity to lead the program that gave me so much as a student-athlete.  By utilizing my past experiences working with some of the top programs in the country, I am excited to build off the recent success and start working with the young men here at UW-Oshkosh."

Konitzer has coached three athletes to the NCAA Division III finals, including a finalist, was a 2012 Division III Wrestling Academic All-American for UWO, and was a member of the 2015 and 2016 NCAA Division II Wrestling National Champion Coaching Staff. Additionally, Konitzer has coached 15 Division II All-Americans, 21 Division II Academic All-Americans, and three Division III Academic All-Americans.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Ghetto

Didn't even know the job was open.

Good luck to him. It's close enough to a very good section of the state. Should be possible to recruit local and get some quality kids.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove