Braxton to represent the US at Worlds!

Started by vsmf2010, August 09, 2022, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

TomM

Wisconsin RTC's Braxton Amos will have the opportunity to represent the United States at the Senior Greco World Championships! He will join fellow RTC member Seth Gross in competing in Belgrade, Serbia from September 12th-18th where both will get to represent their country and battle to bring home a World Medal. Braxton will replace G'Angelo Hancock after Hancock communicated to USA wrestling that he will be retiring.

Braxton will be bringing some world level experience with him as he was recently a World Gold Medalist in Freestyle as an age level Junior in 2021, and he was also a World Bronze Medalist in Greco during that same World Championships!
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

mkm13

Great opportunity for him!

Will be curious how he manages his weight to account for wrestling on the world team at 97 KG and how that might affect his cut to 197 next year.

Ghetto

Weird that Hancock retired just before Worlds. What a great opportunity for Amos to wrestle there.

Two world team members. Never in a million years would I have thought the Badger program could do such a thing.

Keeping in the future, despite the naysayers.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Ghetto on August 13, 2022, 12:55:29 PMWeird that Hancock retired just before Worlds

Rumor out there is Hancock may be joining WWE
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

onwisconsin

Quote from: mkm13 on August 11, 2022, 02:07:56 PMGreat opportunity for him!

Will be curious how he manages his weight to account for wrestling on the world team at 97 KG and how that might affect his cut to 197 next year.

100% agree on both.  Awesome opportunity for a 20 year old.   

During the college season that is a good amount of weight he will have to lose.  97kg is 213.4 pounds.  197 is 16.4 pounds away. That's not easy for anyone especially someone with already low body fat trying to compete at the highest of levels.

dad 2 5

that is a big cut in a short time to get ready for the season and may have been a large part of the issues last year

Ghetto

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on August 16, 2022, 11:32:20 AM
Quote from: Ghetto on August 13, 2022, 12:55:29 PMWeird that Hancock retired just before Worlds

Rumor out there is Hancock may be joining WWE

Interesting.

Why not wait til you win a world medal for leverage?

Either way, it's a great opportunity for Amos.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

onwisconsin

I love watching Braxton wrestle.  I just didn't get to see the version of him last year I am used to seeing.  Can't wait to watch him at worlds.  Then I will be ready to move on to the Badger season and the challenge of making 197 and being elite.

vsmf2010

Braxton went 1-1 and finished 10th - Seth does not wrestle until Saturday.