Regional/Sectional Assignments

Started by tyben, April 27, 2022, 09:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyben

Does anyone know when these come out for next year?  Any likely changes that people know about?

padre

I believe the WIAA meeting is today.  Most likely see them in the coming week or two.

tigerking

From my understanding from the WWCA Regional Meetings, the pairings will be released later because the WIAA wants to meet with the WWCA and discuss some options for changes.

tyben

Do you have any insight to what those changes could be?

tyben

Have we ever gone into the summer not knowing the Regional/Sectional assignments? 

Redeemer

Expect to see them at the end of this month. They are discussing a few changes in this month's meeting later on in about 2 weeks. We can look forward to something new and hopefully more fair. Going to be a nice summer.

And I guess we'll see if anyone has any complaints about the changes.. the jury is out until the results are in.

tigerking

Looking forward to seeing these assignments. Does anyone know if they will be voting on going to 12, 13, or 14 weight classes for the 2023-2024 season at the BOC meeting on Wednesday?

Coach V

Weight classes are not in this years recommendations.

V
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

DocWrestling

Quite a few positive changes by the WIAA today for wrestling!
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

mojo123

1. Girls state combining with boys individual state at the Kohl Center (22-23) with 16-person bracket and a qualifying process (haven't seen what that is yet)
2. Adding assistant referee at all team sectional finals matches
3. Top 2 teams out of D1 regionals advance to team sectionals
4. Accepted super-regional option for D2 & D3
5. Removed state adaptation of NFHS rule regarding lowering shoulder straps
6. Eliminated coaches meeting and relying on electronic seeding for team state tournament

crossface21

Quote from: DocWrestling on June 22, 2022, 10:53:28 AM
Quite a few positive changes by the WIAA today for wrestling!

Source?

mojo123

littleguy301

WIAA sent out an email to AD and coaches today. The email came from Todd Clark, the communication director for the WIAA.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

crossface21

I know the D1 proposal for Top 2 teams from Regional moving to Team Sectional was denied a few years ago by the WIAA. Great to see that's changed.  Glad to see the girls are moved to the same weekend and they get to wrestle in the Kohl Center as well. The other changes are positive as well. It's great that there is a wrestling guy in charge of wrestling now and we're seeing some good things happening for our state. I'll leave it as this: it helps when there is someone who really understands the plight of growing our sport.