Transfer Portal

Started by vsmf2010, April 19, 2022, 11:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Quote from: Ghetto on July 16, 2022, 02:22:14 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on July 16, 2022, 12:42:10 PM
Seems like someone the Badgers should stay away from but ask Seth if he discerns he has come to grab with his wrongs and is ready to get his life on the right path instead of destruction.

Agreed but totally different people. AJ Ferrari has never been told no in his life. He thinks everything he's done is ok.

That's my opinion.

I know burglary and sexual assault are both felonies in the eyes of the law and may have similar penalties but to me they are completely different things. To me, people who use their power, position, strength, wealth, standing, connections, etc... to prey on other people fall into a special category.

npope

Quote from: vsmf2010 on July 16, 2022, 03:00:49 PM
Seems like someone the Badgers should stay away from but ask Seth if he discerns he has come to grab with his wrongs and is ready to get his life on the right path instead of destruction.

Agreed but totally different people. AJ Ferrari has never been told no in his life. He thinks everything he's done is ok.

That's my opinion.

I know burglary and sexual assault are both felonies in the eyes of the law and may have similar penalties but to me they are completely different things. To me, people who use their power, position, strength, wealth, standing, connections, etc... to prey on other people fall into a special category.
???
Why would you necessarily associate either burglary or sexual assault with people using their "...power, position, strength, wealth, standing, connections, etc..."? And even if they fall into separate categories, why couldn't/shouldn't they have similar penalties? Are you trying to say that one category of crime is necessarily dramatically different than the other and thus worthy of far different penalties? Just trying to be clear on what you are trying to say here.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

vsmf2010

Quote from: npope on July 16, 2022, 05:32:19 PM

That's my opinion.

???
Why would you necessarily associate either burglary or sexual assault with people using their "...power, position, strength, wealth, standing, connections, etc..."? And even if they fall into separate categories, why couldn't/shouldn't they have similar penalties? Are you trying to say that one category of crime is necessarily dramatically different than the other and thus worthy of far different penalties? Just trying to be clear on what you are trying to say here.

I do not make the laws and I am not disputing the penalties. Burglary is certainly a crime and 1 deserving of a penalty. It is a crime of property or money and for the most part is a crime that you can atone for by restitution or other means. Sexual assault is a crime perpetrated directly against an individual and a crime that causes permanent damage. A sexual assault has taken something from a victim that can never be corrected and for me personally puts it in another category.

I am not associating burglary with people using their power, position, strength, wealth, standing, connections, etc... but I am am associating sexual assault with those things. Sexual abuse and assault as well as domestic abuse is often the result of a disparity in power. Men can use their physical strength to overwhelm their victims or threats of death or violence. Powerful people (generally men but not always) can use their standing, connections, wealth etc.. to sexually abuse and assault less powerful and connected men and women. Pedophiles prey on children because of the disparity in power. That is all I am saying.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on July 16, 2022, 09:36:32 PM
Quote from: npope on July 16, 2022, 05:32:19 PM

That's my opinion.

???

I do not make the laws and I am not disputing the penalties. Burglary is certainly a crime and 1 deserving of a penalty. It is a crime of property or money and for the most part is a crime that you can atone for by restitution or other means. Sexual assault is a crime perpetrated directly against an individual and a crime that causes permanent damage. A sexual assault has taken something from a victim that can never be corrected and for me personally puts it in another category.

I am not associating burglary with people using their power, position, strength, wealth, standing, connections, etc... but I am am associating sexual assault with those things. Sexual abuse and assault as well as domestic abuse is often the result of a disparity in power. Men can use their physical strength to overwhelm their victims or threats of death or violence. Powerful people (generally men but not always) can use their standing, connections, wealth etc.. to sexually abuse and assault less powerful and connected men and women. Pedophiles prey on children because of the disparity in power. That is all I am saying.

Right...that certainly makes sense. And I'd say that penalties probably should be a lot more severe for one over the other. You go into someone's house/room/business and steal property...that's certainly not good, but it can be replaced. Sexual assault...you're stealing something much different and more irreplaceable.

Not that the kids been convicted, but that's just a basic common sense variable that's going to play into the equation for any Head Coach, any AD, any program.

vsmf2010

I just saw that Ethan Rotondo is in the transfer portal and is transferring to Cal Poly.

MakingABadgerer

New recruits and the transfer portal have made this team better.  We will sometimes lose depth (room) guys who believe they might start elsewhere.  Rotondo was our backup and with the addition of Lamont, he was likely 3rd string (before Burwick left for similar reasons).  Being realistic, Rotondo would have helped in the practice room and would have been a very good fill in if Lamont gets hurt but would have otherwise sat and watched his senior year.  As a senior, I don't blame him for rolling the dice elsewhere but I think he will regret it if this turns into a team trophy year.   

Ghetto

Not knowing Cal Polys roster, I'd say it was good move for Rotondo.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

imwi

Quote from: MakingABadgerer on July 13, 2022, 03:58:41 PMThis could be exactly what we need. We get AJ and the 2 younger brothers as well. Bring in BentAzgrin to be their handler and we will need to wrestle in the stadium to house the combined egos. It will put fans in the seats and get us near a team trophy.

Is this one of the brothers you want to recruit?

Assault and battery charges filed against Anthony Ferrari, younger brother of AJ Ferrari