Transfer Portal

Started by vsmf2010, April 19, 2022, 11:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dad 2 5

I got all excited when I saw something was posted on this trend yesterday as I am hoping the Badgers pick up two transfers to fill in the line up a bit, yup :-[

bjb0501

Has the Taylor LaMont transfer news been brought up yet on the Forum, or did I miss it.  What does this mean for our line-up...Barnett to use his redshirt or is Burwick potentially getting pushed out?

https://intermatwrestle.com/articles/25786

tigerking

Quote from: bjb0501 on June 06, 2022, 03:53:25 PM
Has the Taylor LaMont transfer news been brought up yet on the Forum, or did I miss it.  What does this mean for our line-up...Barnett to use his redshirt or is Burwick potentially getting pushed out?

Burwick out.

npope

Quote from: tigerking on June 07, 2022, 01:25:45 PM
Burwick out.

I finally understood this comment after reading that Burwick entered the transfer portal on The Mat.Com; previously I just thought that tigerking was saying that Burwick would be displaced in the lineup (for the coming year). Now I see that the report is that he will be leaving the UW. That's disappointing - always liked Burwick in red. Possibly leads to a bigger question whether Lamont for one is better than Burwick for three more. Lots of questions associated with either option, just wish Bono could have kept them both in the room.

Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

wrastle63

Quote from: npope on June 16, 2022, 05:07:59 AM
Burwick out.

I finally understood this comment after reading that Burwick entered the transfer portal on The Mat.Com; previously I just thought that tigerking was saying that Burwick would be displaced in the lineup (for the coming year). Now I see that the report is that he will be leaving the UW. That's disappointing - always liked Burwick in red. Possibly leads to a bigger question whether Lamont for one is better than Burwick for three more. Lots of questions associated with either option, just wish Bono could have kept them both in the room.
Yea hard, but also have Nicolar and Bobzien coming in who will be 125/133. Maybe he saw what was coming?

mkm13

I don't blame Burwick for leaving and I don't blame Bono for bringing in LaMont.  Nothing against Burwick, but if the goal is to be a top 10 team year after year, if you did not perform better than Burwick did after 3 years in the program, your spot shouldn't be safe.

Hopefully Burwick finds success at a new home and hopefully Nicolar or Bobzien will be ready to step in at 133 next year. 

tigerking

Quote from: npope on June 16, 2022, 05:07:59 AM
Burwick out.

I made this comment with the thought that if he stayed, he would not be in the line up, but I also heard rumors that he was leaving when I made this comment. So it was a little of both. I think the writing was on the wall with all the young talent coming in and Lamont transferring in.

Burwick is a borderline NCAA Qualifier that will make a team very happy at 133.

Hungus

Burwick out.

Burwick to Nebraska (per his twitter)
You're killing me Smalls!!!

PAUL

I hope he finds great success - other than when he is facing his old team....

dad 2 5

Quote from: heavy9278 on July 07, 2022, 08:35:30 PM

Burwick out.

this will be a good measure of the coaching staff. If Burwick improves we have wonder and if he stays the same or regress we know Bono and staff are doing well at their job. I will be interested in if Kyle even makes the line up.

bigoil

Quote from: dad 2 5 on July 09, 2022, 12:10:36 PM

Burwick out.

this will be a good measure of the coaching staff. If Burwick improves we have wonder and if he stays the same or regress we know Bono and staff are doing well at their job. I will be interested in if Kyle even makes the line up.

he beat their starter last year.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: bigoil on July 10, 2022, 06:51:28 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on July 09, 2022, 12:10:36 PM

Burwick out.

he beat their starter last year.

Kyle Burwick is 1-1 against Dominic Serrano (Burwick lost dual & won @ Big Tens)
Kyle Burwick is 1-1 against Boo Dryden (Burwick lost dual & won @ Big Tens)

Alex Thomsen was the starter in the past at 125
Boo Dryden was starter one year at Minnesota

Solid weight for Nebraska
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

MakingABadgerer

And none of the above will beat Lamont. We are in a better position with Lamont in the lineup. It's a shame that people choose to leave rather than fight for the spot/use the year to get better. Wish the ones who leave well and root for our guys.

dad 2 5

Quote from: MakingABadgerer on July 11, 2022, 11:38:57 AM
And none of the above will beat Lamont. We are in a better position with Lamont in the lineup. It's a shame that people choose to leave rather than fight for the spot/use the year to get better. Wish the ones who leave well and root for our guys.

+1

MNbadger

Quote from: MakingABadgerer on July 11, 2022, 11:38:57 AM
Possibly his intention is to get better and be the starter on the new team......
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan