Transfer Portal

Started by vsmf2010, April 19, 2022, 11:25:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

I saw Devin Bahr in the transfer portal so I thought I would start a new string and we can all update as new information becomes available

From Wisconsin

Cody Anderson - Freshman - 157 - entered portal on March 11th
Devin Bahr - Senior - 157 - entered portal on April 7th

To Wisconsin
Nothing yet

bigoil

Model back I had heard, that makes sense.

LeftyHeadlock27

I thought Bahr Retired before last season

dad 2 5

What does Braxton's Facebook post about change mean? Hope it is not what first came to mind...

tigerking

Quote from: dad 2 5 on April 19, 2022, 07:57:04 PM
What does Braxton's Facebook post about change mean? Hope it is not what first came to mind...

He wasn't at the Buckingham Awards last night. I hope Brooks Empey is ready to go!

bigoil

The quote is liked by Reader and Amos retweeted RTC event in June yesterday, me thinks you reading too much into the word change, at least that's the optimist in me.

TomM

bigoil, are you sayin' the earth isn't flat?
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

rjchev141

Time to move up to heavy and take a year to redshirt and put on size?

onwisconsin

Quote from: rjchev141 on April 20, 2022, 06:02:54 PM

I would love to see this.  I believe this would allow him to be the ultra aggressive Braxton I have seen wrestle before this season.
Why cut big weight for 3 more years then have to gain weight for Greco.  When you could just eat, lift, train, and ultimately feel better. 
In the coaching staff and Braxton I trust.

hammer

I have thought Amos is more of a HWT. So moving Amos to HWT maybe a 4 year process with him reshirting next year and then 3 more years. Would this hamper recruiting Hopke because Hopke would have to sit for 2 years then?

onwisconsin

Quote from: hammer on April 20, 2022, 07:42:20 PM

I have thought Amos is more of a HWT. So moving Amos to HWT maybe a 4 year process with him reshirting next year and then 3 more years. Would this hamper recruiting Hopke because Hopke would have to sit for 2 years then?

The Hopke angle is definitely a thought from a fan perspective.  No matter what I think we need to do what is best for Braxton.  That would be a great room with both Amos and Hopke. 

factfinder

He wasn't a big 197 pounder this year? 5'10 -5'11 tops and he didn't cary a ton of muscle. He was very competitive in a deep weight class last year and will be even better as some of these talented guys age out. It sounds like he is getting better at his nutrition and he needs to continue developing his offense. Only a couple freshman had a good year last year, he will be fine if the Badgers get someone on the senior level to move in and train with him.

kabrvi

Quote from: factfinder on April 21, 2022, 06:44:07 AM

He wasn't a big 197 pounder this year? 5'10 -5'11 tops and he didn't cary a ton of muscle. He was very competitive in a deep weight class last year and will be even better as some of these talented guys age out. It sounds like he is getting better at his nutrition and he needs to continue developing his offense. Only a couple freshman had a good year last year, he will be fine if the Badgers get someone on the senior level to move in and train with him.

+1

wrastle63

Just to add in to the conversation. He COULD redshirt this upcoming season and then olympic redshirt the following season. He would have 3 years of eligibility after that. That would allow him time to focus on freco and potentially make an world/olympic team.

vsmf2010

Quote from: wrastle63 on April 21, 2022, 08:50:34 AM
Just to add in to the conversation. He COULD redshirt this upcoming season and then olympic redshirt the following season. He would have 3 years of eligibility after that. That would allow him time to focus on freco and potentially make an world/olympic team.

Braxton would certainly be the favorite at this point to make a U23 World Team at 97 kg in Greco but to make a World or Olympic team at the senior level any time soon is going to be a challenge. There seems to be a fair gap between him and G'Angelo Hancock. Hancock is just 24 and seems to be hitting his stride. He is probably the best US Greco wrestler at this point and does not appear to be going anywhere soon.