Ben Davino

Started by vsmf2010, April 06, 2022, 09:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

I noticed that all of the US wrestlers competing on the main card of the Badger State Clash are current Badgers or commits with the exception of Ben Davino. Did not know anything about him but he is a highly ranked Sophomore 120 out of St Charles, IL. Seems like a possible future Badger.

BuckyMatt

Koy Hopke is on the card too..

vsmf2010

Quote from: BuckyMatt on April 06, 2022, 11:22:57 AM

I see that now thanks. I must not have had the most recent list. I see Aeoden Sinclair listed as well now.

9 Matches
3 current Badgers - Anderson, Empey and Amos
3 commits - Bobzien, Clark and Rowley
And 3 future Badger commits (hopefully) Davino, Sinclair and Hopke

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on April 06, 2022, 02:41:36 PM

I see that now thanks. I must not have had the most recent list. I see Aeoden Sinclair listed as well now.

9 Matches

Outstanding. So all future Badger commits! Until Hopke signs, I'm gonna assume Minnesota has their future HWT with Nelson signing and he's not going there. And Sinclair doesn't like Tigers...just what I hear.

vsmf2010

Quote from: Vir Fortis on April 11, 2022, 06:15:06 AM

9 Matches

Outstanding. So all future Badger commits! Until Hopke signs, I'm gonna assume Minnesota has their future HWT with Nelson signing and he's not going there. And Sinclair doesn't like Tigers...just what I hear.

I hope your intel is correct. That would be 3 really really good recruits for the class of 2024!

MNbadger

Nelson 197, Hopke 285
Quote from: vsmf2010 on April 11, 2022, 08:50:36 AM

9 Matches

I hope your intel is correct. That would be 3 really really good recruits for the class of 2024!
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

bigoil

Quote from: MNbadger on April 11, 2022, 11:01:34 AM
Nelson 197, Hopke 285

9 Matches

no idea but Gavin has grown what seems like 20# a year 145 as an 8th grader and taller each year as well. His dad is also tall. My intel was told that he was going HWT but we could just ask his dad :).

hammer

Sounds like the Badgers are getting some kids in. I have to ask who coaches the big guys. When talking about Hopke in Minnesota he has guys like Tony Nelson, Hadyen Zilmmer, Trevor Brandvold right there and guys like Cole Konrad and other big guys to roll with with some pretty serious credentials. Wisconsin has.........Newton and Reader? Is that enough and do they have the money to bring in another big name coach. Koy is competing for world teams so may have goals of continuing that route and that means having to bring in some top level coaching and that is going to cost some serious money. Having your current HWT sticking around is a start but not exactly mouth watering for a high level HWT like Koy. Hopefully Wisconsin has a plan for Hopke because there is a few schools in the area that have big guy coaching already in place and or resources to land those coaches.

MNbadger

Not sure if plans changed but in this article it says he projects at 197.
https://news.theopenmat.com/high-school-wrestling/high-school-wrestling-recruiting/minnesota-lands-gavin-nelson-toms-no-2-at-220-pounds-in-the-class-of-2023/82670
Quote from: bigoil on April 11, 2022, 04:11:55 PM
Nelson 197, Hopke 285

9 Matches

no idea but Gavin has grown what seems like 20# a year 145 as an 8th grader and taller each year as well. His dad is also tall. My intel was told that he was going HWT but we could just ask his dad :).
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

MNbadger

Hard to ignore "Heavyweight U".............

hammer

Quote from: MNbadger on April 11, 2022, 08:40:39 PM
Not sure if plans changed but in this article it says he projects at 197.
https://news.theopenmat.com/high-school-wrestling/high-school-wrestling-recruiting/minnesota-lands-gavin-nelson-toms-no-2-at-220-pounds-in-the-class-of-2023/82670
Quote from: bigoil on April 11, 2022, 04:11:55 PM
Nelson 197, Hopke 285

9 Matches

2023 class has Cody Chittum, Gavin Nelson toss in maybe the best pound for pound kid in the state in Max Mcenelly projected at 184, you have a nice class. I also think Spratley is there now, the Gophers have done a seriously nice job in their recruiting on paper. Remember the Gophers still have 4 year left with Tabor so Koy will have some great partners in the room and guys he knows pretty good though training at Pinnacle. With that said I dont know where Koy will go is anyone's guess at this point. I am sure the Gophers know exactly where Amery is at this point!

bigoil

Quote from: hammer on April 11, 2022, 07:43:01 PM
Sounds like the Badgers are getting some kids in. I have to ask who coaches the big guys. When talking about Hopke in Minnesota he has guys like Tony Nelson, Hadyen Zilmmer, Trevor Brandvold right there and guys like Cole Konrad and other big guys to roll with with some pretty serious credentials. Wisconsin has.........Newton and Reader? Is that enough and do they have the money to bring in another big name coach. Koy is competing for world teams so may have goals of continuing that route and that means having to bring in some top level coaching and that is going to cost some serious money. Having your current HWT sticking around is a start but not exactly mouth watering for a high level HWT like Koy. Hopefully Wisconsin has a plan for Hopke because there is a few schools in the area that have big guy coaching already in place and or resources to land those coaches.
I believe the Badgers have always planned to keep their own to stay on and help after they are done wrestling. That would include Trent, who with his size can go with most of the upper weights.  These coaches need to eat, contribute to the WRTC.

Ghetto

Quote from: bigoil on April 12, 2022, 05:53:01 AM
Quote from: hammer on April 11, 2022, 07:43:01 PM
I believe the Badgers have always planned to keep their own to stay on and help after they are done wrestling. That would include Trent, who with his size can go with most of the upper weights.  These coaches need to eat, contribute to the WRTC.

Let's hope that Hillger sticks around, because there's no one else. Newt is a good dude and great for the program, but you need those really high level guys in the room to get high level recruits. Gable was working out with Brock Lesnar, Cole Konrad, Tony Nelson, etc. you want the highest level dudes to come, you need to give them a reason.

Once again it comes down to $$$ at the RTC. Make that happen and we'll make the next step.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove