Interesting AA breakdown

Started by vsmf2010, March 24, 2022, 12:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

DocWrestling

This was very interesting to look at
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

factfinder

Over the past 10 years there are typically around 5-10 true freshman all Americans. Flo has said for years that the 2021 and 2022 class looks thinner than previous years, and then compound that with Covid Red shirts it looks rough for that group.

Shane Vaness???
Paddy Galliger?
Stevo?
Facundo?
Richie Fig's?

Pat Kennedy?
Beau Bartlett?
Hunter Catcka?
Robert Howard?
Josh Saunders?

Several names I thought would be impact guys by now.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: factfinder on March 28, 2022, 08:15:36 PM
Over the past 10 years there are typically around 5-10 true freshman all Americans. Flo has said for years that the 2021 and 2022 class looks thinner than previous years, and then compound that with Covid Red shirts it looks rough for that group.

Shane Vaness???
Paddy Galliger?
Stevo?
Facundo?
Richie Fig's?

Pat Kennedy?
Beau Bartlett?
Hunter Catcka?
Robert Howard?
Josh Saunders?

Several names I thought would be impact guys by now.

2022 Levi Haines seems like a good bet. Didn't Wrestle as a Sr to get ready for College like Snyder did when he was coming out of HS. PSU could have 3 guys in those middle weights who contend and AA. He wrestled Gallagher a couple months ago and beat him pretty soundly 8-3.
Patrick Kennedy is going to be right there. I'd guess he's an AA.

A lot of these guys just redshirted because they're on deep teams, others like Howard and Figueroa were injured.
Bartlett's been wrestling up at 149 because they've had a NC at his natural weight at 141.

They all seem like they're on pace to be VERY good Wrestlers and contend for AAs...though not sure what's going on with Saunders though. He's at a spot in that Cornell lineup where you'd think he'd be able to break in and really contribute. That one is a little confounding.

I'll bet we look back in another year and quite a few of those kids will be coming off AA seasons...provided they stay healthy. Howard looked great as a Frosh, but those shoulder injuries are unpredictable and never know when one of those will come back up.