The Hammer

Started by harley25, March 21, 2022, 02:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Wow! Well deserved but I did not see that coming. I 100% agree that it was the toughest weight but I thought they would have given this out to a weight with a little more star power like 174, 184 or HWT. Well done Keegan and Amateur Wrestling News!

Vir Fortis

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 21, 2022, 02:32:01 PM
Wow! Well deserved but I did not see that coming. I 100% agree that it was the toughest weight but I thought they would have given this out to a weight with a little more star power like 174, 184 or HWT. Well done Keegan and Amateur Wrestling News!

How do you even pick this? It seems so hard to pick. 141 with Rivera, Eierman and Lee...who's beaten Yianni in the past year.
174 had 2 champs and a former runner up(some would argue Hidlay should have been a champ, but either way). Massa was wrestling really well and Kemerer was right there.

But 184 I thought might get it. Brooks was the favorite over a bronze medalist, Keckisen, Hidlay who was in the finals last year.

165 seemed like it was just so deep with so many guys who could win it. The 5th and 10th seeds were in the finals last year.

All of these weights were just so incredibly deep this year...I really don't know that they could have gone wrong.

But the World Champ from Wisconsin...it's pretty cool to see him win it. Even in a Missouri singlet.