Dominance of the Big Ten

Started by MNbadger, March 20, 2022, 09:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNbadger

From the Guillotine:
Remember someone said the big ten is overrated. Stole this off another forum.

The top 3 teams, and 5 of the top 6, were from the Big Ten.

Eight of ten individual champions were from the B1G.

The conference accounted for 38/80 (48%) of all Americans, and 612.5/1337 points scored (46%).
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

vsmf2010

Thank you for providing this. I was going to look for this information. 100 Big Ten wrestlers in the tournament seem like a lot but 80% of the champs and 48% of the AA are coming from 30% of the wrestlers.

Ghetto

You'd think 100 is too many, and then you watch the matches. All the place match winners at 125 (1st,3rd,5th and 7th) were from the Big Ten. There's plenty of other stats that prove that the allotments aren't that far off.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

MNbadger

330 total allocations.  88 for the big ten.    26% of the allocations, and 48% of the AA's       43% of all big ten entries reached AA status.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan

Jimmy

Does any other conference have 14 schools in it? That alone should give it a leg up on number of allotments. 80 division 1 programs, 14 in one conference is 17.5 percent. That's before you factor in the quality..... I think 26 percent is to low actually.

MNbadger

Check me if I'm wrong Sandy,  but the present allotment system came about because of the traditional domination by the Big Ten.

hammer

Quote from: MNbadger on March 20, 2022, 10:22:24 PM
330 total allocations.  88 for the big ten.    26% of the allocations, and 48% of the AA's       43% of all big ten entries reached AA status.

I thought the percentages were higher but those are pretty impressive!